Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ravens at Bengals, Round 2
Now that we can turn our focus to the Ravens and winning the AFCN, what do we need to do differently to retain our crown?

First question, Has the NFL determined a game time?  I've seen 4:30, but nothing official.
Reply/Quote
Both teams will be too traumatized to play. Just call it a tie or a no contest.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I'm oddly dreading this game. Have been all December. Even more so than the Bills one.

I'm conditioned by this team's track record to expect QBs fresh off the bench to come in and perform very well against us, and I suspect Lamar Jackson will play. And as Mixon so aptly mentioned last week, their linebacking corps is no joke.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:57 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Both teams will be too traumatized to play. Just call it a tie or a no contest.

You’re going overboard with this.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens have the advantage as the underdogs, but we have Hurst playing his old team, I'm sure he wants to do well against them.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:50 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Now that we can turn our focus to the Ravens and winning the AFCN, what do we need to do differently to retain our crown?

First question, Has the NFL determined a game time?  I've seen 4:30, but nothing official.

Game is listed @ 1 PM im pretty sure
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:50 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Now that we can turn our focus to the Ravens and winning the AFCN, what do we need to do differently to retain our crown?

You didn't ask the elevator guy? Ninja
Reply/Quote

Win or lose, it doesn't matter so all they need to do is play the game and the Bengals are AFCN champs, unless the Bills game is rescheduled.

And then they turn around and play the Ravens in the WC round the next week.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You didn't ask the elevator guy? Ninja

No, I didn't ask him in the lobby nor the elevator of Lytle Place on Pike St.  I didn't believe he would have known that after the game last night, but maybe I should have....
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:18 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The Ravens have the advantage as the underdogs, but we have Hurst playing his old team, I'm sure he wants to do well against them.

Why would you say that? Bengals fighting for the division title, pissed away the game in Baltimore earlier and who knows when/if the NFL makes a decision.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are the better team and should win if they can refocus after witnessing the horrific injury.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:16 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: You’re going overboard with this.

I could have said cancel the rest of the season and hold prayer vigils around the country. So, I'm clearly not insensitive to the situation.  

The game has to be resumed before the playoffs begin. Any fan should be pissed with just skipping a game that had postseason ramifications for multiple teams and their fans.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:16 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm oddly dreading this game.  Have been all December.  Even more so than the Bills one.

I'm conditioned by this team's track record to expect QBs fresh off the bench to come in and perform very well against us, and I suspect Lamar Jackson will play.  And as Mixon so aptly mentioned last week, their linebacking corps is no joke.

Not me, I think we blow the Rats out in this one. We are playing great right now in all 3 phases, just got Hurst back who was 
playing like he was 100% last night and Mixon was running the ball well one cut and up field. Adeniji even looked good in his 
few snaps. We want the Division, time to take it.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:18 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The Ravens have the advantage as the underdogs, but we have Hurst playing his old team, I'm sure he wants to do well against them.

this is a weird take
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not me, I think we blow the Rats out in this one. We are playing great right now in all 3 phases, just got Hurst back who was 
playing like he was 100% last night and Mixon was running the ball well one cut and up field. Adeniji even looked good in his 
few snaps. We want the Division, time to take it.

I agree.  I thought Hurst and our RBs would go off against the Bills.  Adeniji did look good giving Joey the time he needed to find our receivers.  
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Game is listed @ 1 PM im pretty sure

Still TBD because the result of last night's game was going to determine if it would be 1pm or 4:25pm. Now that it's a more meaningful game i would think it will be 4:25.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I feel like the game from Monday is unlikely to resume. This will be a Brandon Allen tilt.

No meaningful football for at least 11 days for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are clearly the better team. The mental health circumstances do make the game very hard to project though.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Win or lose, it doesn't matter so all they need to do is play the game and the Bengals are AFCN champs, unless the Bills game is rescheduled.

And then they turn around and play the Ravens in the WC round the next week.

I'd bet $100 on the NFL NOT making an official declaration until after Sunday's games.   

I think we all know what Goodell will decide-- I hate the decision and I feel ripped off, but it is what it is...  

They should have just played the damn game after the player was taken to UC hospital. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:56 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I'd bet $100 on the NFL NOT making an official declaration until after Sunday's games.   

I think we all know what Goodell will decide-- I hate the decision and I feel ripped off, but it is what it is...  

They should have just played the damn game after the player was taken to UC hospital. 

There is absolutely no way whatsoever that any of the players and coaches would step one foot on that field last night to resume that game!
Reply/Quote