Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-Sign Pacman
Because why not?

I reallly don't like our CB detph after WJIII,
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure a long list of reasons why they shouldn't re-sign him will be forthcoming at a theater near you and maybe in your grocers freezer. I personally don't really care. He's a bone head, but can still play the game. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't bring him back just for the hell of it. Dude was drafted in 05, and played a key role in blowing their first postseason win in forever. If a guy goes down to injury, and Pacman's available, I could see them bringing him back. Chris Crocker 2.0 baby!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
There are two rookie corners on this roster who may someday develop into good players.  If there were an injury to one of the big 3?  OK I could see it.  Otherwise?  Don't think that I'd agree with it.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 01:01 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Because why not?

Because he demands money and because he's an idiot.

If he's willing to stay for little money, I'd be fine with it though. He still has qualities.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 07:09 AM)hollodero Wrote: Because he demands money and because he's an idiot.

If he's willing to stay for little money, I'd be fine with it though. He still has qualities.

Say what you will about him, Pac never asked for more than he was worth, he always just wanted a fair deal.
Reply/Quote
Last season he was pretty bad. There will be better options available during camp cuts if we have concerns. The thing you have to remember is we are going to a more physical press man scheme instead of the off zone scheme we have ran while Pacman was here. I just don't see him as a fit to play here anymore.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure how I feel about this, let me get back to you later. Mellow
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 08:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Say what you will about him, Pac never asked for more than he was worth, he always just wanted a fair deal.

I agree, he never broke the bank and he could have. He also is the only CB we have had that consistently shut down Antonio Brown which is very important if we want any shot beating the Steelers.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 09:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, he never broke the bank and he could have. He also is the only CB we have had that consistently shut down Antonio Brown which is very important if we want any shot beating the Steelers.

[Image: DQYYxeaW0AYzE_l.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Jones can still play but we have been getting less from him each year as he ages....

But Jackson
Dennard and Kirkpatrick

aren't a bad tandem.

Someone will call adam as asoon as a CB goes down in Camp though
Reply/Quote

Why don't you like the depth after WJ3?
I get DK isn't a top 10 CB but he's not a bum. He's a decent CB2/3.
Dennard needs to get more playing time in the final year of his contract to see if he's worth extending.
I thought Russell was a good waiver wire steal in 2016 and was a nice prospect coming out of ND. I like him as a depth CB.
Shaw has been valuable for the Bengals over the past few years even though he wasn't good last year.
Phillips was a great get in the 5th round. I hope/expect him to be a ST beast and develop into a good slot CB.
I wasn't that high on Harris but I can see him being a replacement for Shaw if Shaw is not re-signed next year.

Overall, I think it's a pretty solid group and I'd only re-sign Adam Jones if/when an injury occurs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 09:54 AM)Au165 Wrote: Nice to see, but Brown is a beast in the slot and unlike Jones, Jackson never covers Brown in the slot.
[Image: DQYYxeaW0AYzE_l.jpg]

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Brown only played 8% of his snaps in the slot last year. Dennard will be fine handling him for 8% of snaps. 
Reply/Quote
Let us know what you decide after you get done reading your newspaper TT! Hilarious   As to OP, we have young guys to try and develop. That said, if a couple of games in we have some injuries at CB, he could be an option. Not the brightest at times, but very hard to dislike his effort on the field.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 10:28 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Let us know what you decide after you get done reading your newspaper TT!  Hilarious   As to OP, we have young guys to try and develop. That said, if a couple of games in we have some injuries at CB, he could be an option. Not the brightest at times, but very hard to dislike his effort on the field.

Well, after further review, I think he would be okay if the price was right and we really needed him.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 10:09 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Why don't you like the depth after WJ3?
I get DK isn't a top 10 CB but he's not a bum. He's a decent CB2/3.
Dennard needs to get more playing time in the final year of his contract to see if he's worth extending.
I thought Russell was a good waiver wire steal in 2016 and was a nice prospect coming out of ND. I like him as a depth CB.
Shaw has been valuable for the Bengals over the past few years even though he wasn't good last year.
Phillips was a great get in the 5th round. I hope/expect him to be a ST beast and develop into a good slot CB.
I wasn't that high on Harris but I can see him being a replacement for Shaw if Shaw is not re-signed next year.

Overall, I think it's a pretty solid group and I'd only re-sign Adam Jones if/when an injury occurs.

This

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Plus would like to see a season without MB's pets Piano Man and Pac Man.

Seemingly he has a thing for the initials PM.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Call me crazy......but for the right money, I'd rather have him fielding kicks than Erickson.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 10:19 AM)Au165 Wrote: Brown only played 8% of his snaps in the slot last year. Dennard will be fine handling him for 8% of snaps. 

Well it appears you have all the answers so hope you are correct. ThumbsUp I will anticipate the Bengals making Brown a non factor in 2018. Smirk

Reply/Quote