Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Realists Unite
(01-03-2022, 12:02 PM)basballguy Wrote: I also drank a bunch of water after the game

What? You didn't give yourself a Gatorade bath? That's what winners do.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Honestly some of the post and posters this past year plus make me realize, WJIII may have been more correct then anyone wanted to admit with his analysis of the fans.

I said this multiple weeks ago, the Bengals could win the Super Bowl and there would still be people complaining about how they won or that they didn't win by enough or now we are stuck with this coach or....

Just need to add in now that when the Bengals win the I told you so crowd out posts the good team win crowd.

I have friends and relatives in many different fan base communities, trust me when I say that the Bengals aren't the only team who's fans complain even when things appear to be going well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 07:07 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If that happened I wouldn’t have been able to look at this forum until draft season. I already typically avoid the game day thread because that crap. And I try not to look here much after losses either.

I even have to cringe when I check the game day thread while we’re winning because of how unreasonable and unbearable some are….so yeah I think it’s fine to give them a little taste of their own medicine. At least they get to take this with a nice big glass of division championship.

Maybe, just maybe it’ll lead to one less ridiculous poster going crazy around here for a while when things get a little tough. If so this was a successful thread ThumbsUp

There isn't 1 poster here who doesn't want to win, or gets upset when they do. We wouldn't be so pissed when losing or when bad things in game happen..
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 09:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It finally got too unbearable for me this season. Vowed to stay out of them during the games, and I couldn’t be happier with that decision. The really sad things is it’s literally the same handful of people that ruin them every single week.

I don't post much, but is'nt there an ignore or block option for these people that a lot of you ***** about them bitching. This pisses me off more than the people who complain constantly. BLOCK OR IGNORE THEM. Some of you guys are no different than DennyG from the old boards. I despised him more than anyone. In his mind you were'nt supposed to ***** about anything the Bengals did wrong. Forgive me for wanting a playoff win before I judge this franchise to be over the hump. By the way, I've had Sunday Ticket since 97 & watched every game till last year when I decided not to let it ruin my day & just turn it off when things were going bad. I love this team more than words can describe. I think Joe B is the one to get us a SB win. Unfortunately If the front office does'nt fix the line his career will be cut short. A good line & he'll be top 2 or 3 next year. Sorry about the rant. Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 08:44 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: I don't post much, but is'nt there an ignore or block option for these people that a lot of you ***** about them bitching. This pisses me off more than the people who complain constantly. BLOCK OR IGNORE THEM. Some of you guys are no different than DennyG from the old boards. I despised him more than anyone. In his mind you were'nt supposed to ***** about anything the Bengals did wrong. Forgive me for wanting a playoff win before I judge this franchise to be over the hump. By the way, I've had Sunday Ticket since 97 & watched every game till last year when I decided not to let it ruin my day & just turn it off when things were going bad. I love this team more than words can describe. I think Joe B is the one to get us a SB win. Unfortunately If the front office does'nt fix the line his career will be cut short. A good line & he'll be top 2 or 3 next year. Sorry about the rant. Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey

If we wanted an echo chamber we would go to Reddit…we can ***** about diff opinions….we’re “fan”-anatics after all
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 08:44 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote:  This pisses me off more than the people who complain constantly. 

Then just block or ignore them.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:20 PM)Tony Wrote: There isn't 1 poster here who doesn't want to win, or gets upset when they do. We wouldn't be so pissed when losing or when bad things in game happen..

I distinctly remember folks around here not being overly excited about on Steeler victory last year. It was "meaningless" and hurt our chances to get Peneii Sewell. So I'm going to have to disagree with your assertion. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I distinctly remember folks around here not being overly excited about on Steeler victory last year. It was "meaningless" and hurt our chances to get Peneii Sewell. So I'm going to have to disagree with your assertion. 

Obvious difference there.

Would you have been happy if we won a meaningless game that kept us from drafting Burrow (who obviously helps us win way more in the long run)?

Saying someone doesn't want to win if they hope for a loss to win more in the long run is kinda shortsighted.

I'm sure glad we lost a bunch of games in 2019. Aren't you?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 10:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Obvious difference there.

Would you have been happy if we won a meaningless game that kept us from drafting Burrow (who obviously helps us win way more in the long run)?

Saying someone doesn't want to win if they hope for a loss to win more in the long run is kinda is kinda shortsighted.

I'm sure glad we lost a bunch of games in 2019. Aren't you?

I happy when we win every game. 2019 was no different. 

As to shortsighted; do you think those that were upset we beat Pitt last year kinda shortsighted? It very well could have led to the current mentality of this team.

Perhaps those that didn't like our victory over the Steelers last year were just being realists. 

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I happy when we win every game. 2019 was no different. 

As to shortsighted; do you think those that were upset we beat Pitt last year kinda shortsighted? It very well could have led to the current mentality of this team.

Perhaps those that didn't like our victory over the Steelers last year were just being realists. 

So you would've passed on Joe Burrow and the decade+ of winning & possible championships for a couple meaningless wins in a lost season? It's the same concept with Penei. People thought he was a can't miss generational talent.

Just because those people were wrong in that particular instance doesn't mean they weren't thinking we'd win more long term if we got better draft positioning.

Its possible to disagree with someone's outlook while also seeing WHY they have that outlook. (...and it's not because they're Bengal haters...mostly anyways)

That said, I get the frustration that comes with frequenting GD threads, and I think a lot of people are starting to hate each other based on what is said in those threads.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So you would've passed on Joe Burrow and the decade+ of winning & possible championships for a couple meaningless wins in a lost season? It's the same concept with Penei. People thought he was a can't miss generational talent.

Just because those people were wrong in that particular instance doesn't mean they weren't thinking we'd win more long term if we got better draft positioning.

Its possible to disagree with someone's outlook while also seeing WHY they have that outlook. (...and it's not because they're Bengal haters...mostly anyways)

That said, I get the frustration that comes with frequenting GD threads, and I think a lot of people are starting to hate each other based on what is said in those threads.
The Butterfly Effect is great, but none of that changes my retort to dude that asserted no one around here in the gameday threads wants the Bengals to lose. I provided an example as recently as last year. 

Hell, I've seen it this year. "If we don't win this game then I don't want to be in the playoffs".

The draft is the draft and it'll take care of itself, but I'm not going to ever hope the Bengals lose

Reply/Quote
Whatever skepticism I have held towards any and all levels of this franchise was richly deserved. Aren't there obnoxious fans of other teams that deserve your venom more than fans of our team? Why not not just enjoy the great W? No, somehow you're trying to dredge up some kind of bitterness. NoW?

I'm going back to the afterglow.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 08:44 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: I don't post much, but is'nt there an ignore or block option for these people that a lot of you ***** about them bitching. This pisses me off more than the people who complain constantly. BLOCK OR IGNORE THEM. Some of you guys are no different than DennyG from the old boards. I despised him more than anyone. In his mind you were'nt supposed to ***** about anything the Bengals did wrong. Forgive me for wanting a playoff win before I judge this franchise to be over the hump. By the way, I've had Sunday Ticket since 97 & watched every game till last year when I decided not to let it ruin my day & just turn it off when things were going bad. I love this team more than words can describe. I think Joe B is the one to get us a SB win. Unfortunately If the front office does'nt fix the line his career will be cut short. A good line & he'll be top 2 or 3 next year. Sorry about the rant. Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey

Rep to you...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I distinctly remember folks around here not being overly excited about on Steeler victory last year. It was "meaningless" and hurt our chances to get Peneii Sewell. So I'm going to have to disagree with your assertion. 

Wow 1 time, in a losing season.. Congratulations.. You didn't hear any of that shit this year.. You really hold onto something that long from a message board?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 10:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I happy when we win every game. 2019 was no different. 

That victory don't have 1 thing to do with what this team is doing now. Half those guys aren't even playing now..
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So you would've passed on Joe Burrow and the decade+ of winning & possible championships for a couple meaningless wins in a lost season? It's the same concept with Penei. People thought he was a can't miss generational talent.

I don't understand why anyone here would hate the Bengals. They would've been weeded out anyway. This all just to complain, the Ole I'm better than you play.. It's stupid..
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:35 AM)SladeX Wrote: Whatever skepticism I have held towards any and all levels of this franchise was richly deserved. Aren't there obnoxious fans of other teams that deserve your venom more than fans of our team? Why not not just enjoy the great W? No, somehow you're trying to dredge up some kind of bitterness. NoW?

I'm going back to the afterglow.

They live off that shit man... I'm glad there are level headed people like you and most of the people here.. There's always those select few. It's just the way it is, not everyone is gonna get along . That's life, I guess.. He probably waited on this for the exact moment we clinched to post this  better than you BS. Definitely planned.. Ridiculous..
Reply/Quote

Oh I remember that well... got called out by several fans for saying the team should keep trying and that winning was important for the young guys to learn how to win and carry momentum forward. Then of course 90% of those mad we were winning moved on from one player too another and funny thing happened, we had a chance at both.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Butterfly Effect is great, but none of that changes my retort to dude that asserted no one around here in the gameday threads wants the Bengals to lose. I provided an example as recently as last year. 

Hell, I've seen it this year. "If we don't win this game then I don't want to be in the playoffs".

The draft is the draft and it'll take care of itself, but I'm not going to ever hope the Bengals lose

There are 3 inactive posters and 1 active poster, that have constantly bitched and complained even during a win, for the past 6 years or so.

Not naming names; I don't disparage people unless they have harmed myself or my family and being a negative, pile of puke POS on an internet messageboard, doesn't deserve besmirching of non-internet character.

But you are 100% correct in that there are people on here who ***** and moan.

Joeflo on the mothership did that in '09 and that's what led to the beginning of the big Joeflo/Denny war.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
This is one of the only places where the term pessimist has been completely replaced with the term realist to make it feel like the person doing the replacing has some special insight nobody else could possibly have.. Everyone else just walks around in fantasyland wildly dreaming of the impossible while I, the only realist among you can see the only one truth!  I have some bad news for you realists out there in realism world.. You don't have any special anything other than an inflated ego which is OK I suppose, but all the "homers" out here? We just want a little slice of happiness once in awhile in an otherwise pretty dismal world.. So face it, by believing always that you'll never find even the slightest happiness you in fact become a bit fatalistic afraid to believe that maybe, just maybe someone else might actually know something you don't and that it's OK to dream.. Realist indeed..  Hilarious
Hey, I get about as pessimistic as the next guy, but I don't try to pass it off as some sign of super intelligence..We're all stuck in the same schmuckiness.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote