Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Record Chasers....... CountDown
****ACCOMPLISHED****AJ McCarron - First Alabama Quarterback to win an NFL Game since 1987.

****ACCOMPLISHED**** Franchise Best 5 Playoff Seasons in a Row. (Dalton snubed from probowl)

Dalton Hurt........ ********* On Hold

1,102 More Passing Yards Needed by Dalton to Break his own Club Record of 4,293 Currently @ 3,191 Needs 275.5 per game

8 Passing TDs Needed by Dalton to Break his own Club Record of 33 Currently @ 25

On Watch.... Single Season All time Passer Rating held by Carson 101.1 Dalton currently 107.4 with 4 games to go.

5 Number of TDs 12 Eifert needs to Tie Carl Pickens Bengals Single Season TD Record of 17 (chads best was 10 AJs Best is 11) Second best all time was 12 by TJ and Pickens.... Eifert currently @ 12 *Hurt Again*

3 TD PAsses Dalton needs to TIE MAtt Ryan (if first 5 years) 127 TDS Dalton @ 124 (week 13 = 2 )

4 - TD passes Dalton needs to give him the third most TD passes of any QB in his first five seasons in the NFL, a list topped by Marino (168) and Peyton Manning (138), according to Elias. (week 12 = 3 )

234 Yards Green Needs to Become #1 overall Single Season Receiving Yards Current Record 1,440 By chad Johnson Needs 117 per game

2 - Games needed by left tackle Andrew Whitworth for 152 in his career, most by a Bengals offensive player who has played all his games in the 21st century, one ahead of wide receiver Chad Johnson.

2 - Games needed by defensive tackle Domata Peko for 155 in his career, the most by a Bengal who has played all of his games in the 21st century.

2 2 Wins out of the next 2 games to have the best record in club history. (best ever is 12-4)

1 - Victories Lewis needs to tie John Madden’s total in Oakland and Mike Ditka’s total in Chicago (112).

547 - Yards Hill needs to pass Corey Dillon in first two NFL seasons (2,259). (16 yards week 14) *Not gonna accomplish

**PLAYOFF WIN**   Its been a long time... This has got to happen... but we must wait until January

10 - Catches Green needs to pass Curtis (416) into fifth place on Bengals all-time list. *week 15
11 - Catches Green needs to pass Cris Collinsworth (417) into fourth on Bengals all-time list *week 15

********************* Record Breakers/Makers Below******************************************************
***ACCOMPLISHED*** 41Points kicker Mike Nugent needs to pass Horst Muhlmann (549) into fourth place on the Bengals all-time scoring list. 92 points thru week 13

****Accomplished**** Interceptions cornerback Leon Hall needs to pass Lemar Parrish (25) into fourth on the Bengals’ all-time list behind the Who Dey trinity of Ken Riley (65), Louis Breeden (33) and David Fulcher (31).

****Accomplished**** Victories Dalton needs to pass Tom Brady and Dan Marino on the list of most wins by a NFL QB in his first five seasons as compiled by Elias. Brady and Marino are tied in fourth place with 48.

****Accomplished**** Snaps Andrew Whitworth needs to have the best ever streak of snaps to no sack given up according to pff (since 2007) the current record is 899 And whitworth has 819 ***Need to update***

****Accomplished**** TD passes Dalton needs to pass Johnny Unitas and Matthew Stafford into fifth place on the list of NFL QBs who have thrown the most TD passes in their first five seasons, as compiled by Elias.

****Accomplished**** Sack(s) needed by Geno Atkins to pass another 1988 folk hero, Tim Krumrie, for most sacks by a Bengals defensive lineman. Krumrie’s 34.5 from 1983-94 in 188 games are fifth on the club’s all-time list. (0 Week 3)

****Accomplished**** Passing yards Dalton needs to pass Blake (15,134) and move into fourth on the Bengals all-time list behind Anderson, Esiason, and Palmer.

****Accomplished****  Won a game in Oakland.

****Accomplished**** TD catches Green needs to pass Coach T.J. Houshmandzadeh (37) into fifth on the Bengals all-time list

****Accomplished****  Put the 3 in the first ever 0-3 Start by the ravens (also took 2 home openers from the ravens in a row and supplied both of flaccos losses at home in september)

****Accomplished**** 16 - Consecutive starts needed by Dalton, now with 64, to reach 80 straight, extending his club record for quarterbacks once held by Esiason with 61 straight starts from 1985-89. Third on the list is Blake with 52 (1994-97) and then Palmer with 51 (2005-2008).

****Accomplished****(was 5) Victories Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis needs to pass Marty Schottenheimer’s total in Kansas City and Tom Coughlin’s in New York (104).

**** ACCOMPLISHED *****More Win by the Bengals to have their Best Ever Start @ 7-0 (Tied with previous 6-0) *** This has to be achieved before the 1st loss of the season

**** ACCOMPLISHED ***** TD passes Dalton needs to pass Jeff Garcia (113) 4th With 114 , Dalton also has Matt Ryan (127)3rd in his sights.

***ACCOMPLISHED*** Bengals website has him with 8.5/7.5 needed) - Sacks needed by defensive end Carlos Dunlap to pass Justin Smith into fourth place on the Bengals all-time sack list with 44. Eddie Edwards, who played 170 games from 1977-88, is the leader with 83.5.

****ACCOMPLISHED**** - Victories Dalton needs to pass Palmer (46) on the Bengals’ all-time quarterback wins list behind Anderson (91) and Boomer Esiason (62). Dalton is now 3rd ALL time in bengals wins QB

*****Accomplished***** More Wins To beat the Longest win Streak in Franchise history of 8 games (tied previous of 7)** Counter will reset if they lose before accomplishing.

***ACCOMPLISHED*** Tight End Tyler Eifert now leads the league with 9 TDs and Ties an All time TD record for Bengals Tight ends with 9 in a season (with 8 games to go)

***ACCOMPLISHED*** (need 41 points)Points kicker Mike Nugent needs to pass Horst Muhlmann (549) into fourth place on the Bengals all-time scoring list.

**ACCOMPLISHED*** First Ever AFCN Team to go 8-0

**ACCOMPLISHED***TD catches Green needs to pass Eddie Brown (41) into fourth place on the Bengals all-time list. *2 in week 12

**ACCOMPLISHED*** Road wins Dalton needs this season to get the most victories by a visiting away QB in his first five seasons in the NFL since the 1970 merger, according to Elias. Dan Marino, Ben Roethlisberger, and Matt Ryan are all tied with 23.

**ACCOMPLISHED***Dalton become only one of two players in league history to reach at least 3,000 passing yards in his first five seasons. the other Peyton Manning
**ACCOMPLISHED***Green joins Moss as only players to have 1,000 receiving yards in each of first five seasons.

**ACCOMPLISHED***Peko has achieved his highest Sack total of his career in a season with 4

**ACCOMPLISHED*** 1 Half sack dunlap needs to break 10 finally

**ACCOMPLISHED*** Nelson’s career-best seven picks in his ninth season put him one away from David Fulcher’s Bengals safety record. *8*

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Numbers-game-marks-the-spot/aba8bba1-3425-4b40-8656-ebfaf10d806f
Reply/Quote
I'm looking forward to your updates.  
Reply/Quote
If you think about the time in which he played, the fact that Unitas had that many TDs in his first five season is astonishing. And, he did it in shorter seasons, too.

Interesting numbers. Thanks for the update.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
With all of Andy's accomplishments it's truly amazing there are so many who think they should bench him in favor of McCarron who hasn't accomplished much of anything in the NFL except become the backup. I suppose it's the playoff record, but the fact still remains that Andy has gotten us to the playoffs every season he's been with the team. Heck, I'm surprised some don't advocate for trading him for Brandon Weeden.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 07:29 PM)grampahol Wrote: Heck, I'm surprised some don't advocate for trading him for Brandon Weeden.

Jerry's price for Weeden would be too high right now, but let's stick a pin in that idea.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The thing about stats is, they don't die. Whatever Dalton's legacy is in the collective memory, he is putting up some numbers that will stand the test of time and undermine a lot of hate. He is on course to break all of the 5 year stats listed above, which all things considered, and the company he is with, is pretty impressive.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 05:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1 Sack(s) needed by Geno Atkins to pass another 1988 folk hero, Tim Krumrie, for most sacks by a Bengals defensive lineman. Krumrie’s 34.5 from 1983-94 in 188 games are fifth on the club’s all-time list.

5 - Sacks needed by defensive end Carlos Dunlap to pass Justin Smith into fourth place on the Bengals all-time sack list with 44. Eddie Edwards, who played 170 games from 1977-88, is the leader with 83.5.

2 - TD catches Green needs to pass Coach T.J. Houshmandzadeh (37) into fifth on the Bengals all-time list
6 - TD catches Green needs to pass Eddie Brown (41) into fourth place on the Bengals all-time list.

4 - Road wins Dalton needs this season to get the most victories by a visiting away QB in his first five seasons in the NFL since the 1970 merger, according to Elias. Dan Marino, Ben Roethlisberger, and Matt Ryan are all tied with 23.

7 - Victories Dalton needs to pass Tom Brady and Dan Marino on the list of most wins by a NFL QB in his first five seasons as compiled by Elias. Brady and Marino are tied in fourth place with 48.

5 - Victories Dalton needs to pass Palmer (46) on the Bengals’ all-time quarterback wins list behind Anderson (91) and Boomer Esiason (62).

6  - TD passes Dalton needs to pass Johnny Unitas and Matthew Stafford into fifth place on the list of NFL QBs who have thrown the most TD passes in their first five seasons, as compiled by Elias.  With 104 , Dalton also has Jeff Garcia (113) and Matt Ryan (127) in his sights.

24 - TD passes Dalton needs to give him the third most TD passes of any QB in his first five seasons in the NFL, a list topped by Marino (168) and Peyton Manning (138), according to Elias.

1,034 - Yards Hill needs to pass Corey Dillon in first two NFL seasons (2,259).

***Accomplished****** Passing yards Dalton needs to pass Blake (15,134) and move into fourth on the Bengals all-time list behind Anderson, Esiason, and Palmer.

****Accomplished****  Won a game in Oakland.

I updated the numbers to reflect the first 2 games....

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Numbers-game-marks-the-spot/aba8bba1-3425-4b40-8656-ebfaf10d806f

I understand the passing yards for Dalton, but not the wins. It's a team game.

Why not tell us how many wins AJ Green has for first 5 years compared to other WRs? Makes just as much sense.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I understand the passing yards for Dalton, but not the wins. It's a team game.

Why not tell us how many wins AJ Green has for first 5 years compared to other WRs? Makes just as much sense.
Because they don't keep that stat.  They keep it for head coaches and QBs, no one else.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Because they don't keep that stat.  They keep it for head coaches and QBs, no one else.

I see. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 05:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1 Sack(s) needed by Geno Atkins to pass another 1988 folk hero, Tim Krumrie, for most sacks by a Bengals defensive lineman. Krumrie’s 34.5 from 1983-94 in 188 games are fifth on the club’s all-time list.

5 - Sacks needed by defensive end Carlos Dunlap to pass Justin Smith into fourth place on the Bengals all-time sack list with 44. Eddie Edwards, who played 170 games from 1977-88, is the leader with 83.5.
I am confused...If Krumrie is 5th right not how can Dunlap pass Smith for 4th place? 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:07 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I am confused...If Krumrie is 5th right not how can Dunlap pass Smith for 4th place? 

I'm more confused as to how Krumrie can have the most by a defensive lineman behind other defensive linemen.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm more confused as to how Krumrie can have the most by a defensive lineman behind other defensive linemen.

That too!!
Reply/Quote
My guess would be Krumrie has the most sacks by an interior lineman.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:24 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I see. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

its just the way it is... QB runs the offense losses and wins go to him... And the team but its usually easier for them to just name the QB than all 53 lol

Basically look at it this way... When they say this QB has XX wins/Losses... its this Team while this Guy was QB got this many wins /Losses. By the way i believe green has 1 less win than dalton (during the rookie year) not sure about last year where green missed 3 games.... if you wanted to know.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 10:07 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I am confused...If Krumrie is 5th right not how can Dunlap pass Smith for 4th place? 

i guess they ment to say DT.... not my article im just updating the numbers.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I understand the passing yards for Dalton, but not the wins. It's a team game.

Seriously?

Simple

The QB touches the ball every snap so their responsibility in wins and losses is magnified. A receiver is lucky to play a major role in 70% on the offensive snaps.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 08:04 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: The thing about stats is, they don't die. Whatever Dalton's legacy is in the collective memory, he is putting up some numbers that will stand the test of time and undermine a lot of hate. He is on course to break all of the 5 year stats listed above, which all things considered, and the company he is with, is pretty impressive.

I'll be first to admit that I can be critical of Dalton but as a 35 yr old fan who pretty much came of age during the Jeff Blake era--We have a guy who has really actually played above average football since joining the league. Do we want the exciting Blake to Scott/Pickens but ultimately 4 win football?Or the very good, and sometimes bad, play under Dalton? Once he gets that playoff monkey off his back I'msure Bengaldom will cut him some slack.

So until then.....any new hot photos of our backup QB's wife??  lol
Reply/Quote

You wanna know how that works? Explain how Dalton gets buried for the playoffs but Green gets a pass.

That's how it works.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
This is awesome
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 01:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Seriously?

Simple

The QB touches the ball every snap so their responsibility in wins and losses is magnified. A receiver is lucky to play a major role in 70% on the offensive snaps.

This is why most sites such as pro football reference list wins/losses as a QB stat. It's similar to why they keep track of wins/losses for pitchers in baseball. Pitchers and QB's simply have the most impact on games, period.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote