Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds August 16th to August 31st Games Thread
That HR by Galvis turned out to be big. Reds hang on to win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
REDS WIN

That is BIG getting Game 1 from Cubs. You want to get out in front.

Suarez had big night. So did Mahle. So did others.

6-2 in 9th and Stephenson gave up 2 homers 6-5. Iglesias got 2 outs. OVER.

Miley & Mahle back to back good games. Both have made pitching adjustments.

Suarez is HOT. 7 Homers now. 3 for 3 tonight. Post Game interview he said he was off when short season started, but he is feeling real good at the plate now. That is HUGE because Reds need bat that hit 49 homers last season. Winker .394 this month 9 homers, homer tonight. Winker 3rd, Suarez 4th !!!!

Bauer on mound in 1 of the 2 games Saturday. Would love to win that Bauer game. Contreras & Haywood showed in 9th that these Cubs think they are never out of game.

Milwaukee beating Pirates but Indians beating Cardinals. Cardinals could find Cleveland one tough series as Reds found out. That could open up 2nd Place auto play-off spot a little. GO REDS.

Game 1 is Bauer vs Darvish so A Lot O' Pitching in that one. Antone in Game 2.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 02:29 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Wow, Votto a healthy scratch again. Hasn’t played since Tuesday. Maybe Bell finally realized he was wasting the season by trotting our guys that aren’t performing, regardless of contract or vet status.

I'm wondering if Bell will grow a pair and put Votto batting in bottom of order ? He has no business being in the top 5.
Reply/Quote
Taking that strike on a full count was too close to take. Maybe Bell is showing Votto that he's in charge and also showing the front office it may be time to discuss a buyout with Votto.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Aaaaaand we’re back to Votto at the top of the order. Win 3 in a row and think “Hey! Let’s go back to doing what we were doing when we couldn’t score any runs!” Genius Bell.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 01:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Aaaaaand we’re back to Votto at the top of the order.  Win 3 and a row and think “Hey! Let’s go back to doing what we were doing when we couldn’t score any runs!” Genius Bell.

They may as well put me leading off, geeezzzzzz

Here we go again.......zero production from lead off spot again.......
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 06:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: They may as well put me leading off, geeezzzzzz

Here we go again.......zero production from lead off spot again.......

Wouldn't call going 2-4 zero production.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
David Ross and cubs pitching coach ejected. Don't understand why they think that pitch was intentional.
Reply/Quote
Now Bell, Votto and Winker ejected after a high pitch toward the head of Akiyama.
Reply/Quote
Reds win game 2 on a walk off wild pitch!
Reply/Quote
So the Split is in the bag. Is Castillo on mound Sunday ? It would be nice to win series from Cubs.

1 PM game Sunday like NFL....Castillo IS on the mound...GO REDS...BEAT CUBS.....WIN SERIES.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 08:15 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Wouldn't call going 2-4 zero production.

So great ! He's now batting .200 yipeeee  :andy:

I'm just sick to death of Joey Votto's head case, psycho, I can't swing at anything that isn't thigh high right down the middle because I have the best eyes in baseball and must get walks to keep my OBP up ass.

Swing the damn bat and put the teams needs first.
Reply/Quote
Game ready to start....I LOVE Sunday afternoon game start at 1 just like NFL. Sunday Afternoon Baseball is Baseball, not that midnight stuff.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Strike Out, BANG...Castillo no runs after 1 inning.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Castillo no runs after 2 innings. Cubs have him up to 40 pitches though.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Castillo no runs after 3. He only needed 6 pitches. at 50 pitches now. He needed that 6 pitch inning to top of Cubs 2nd time.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Cubs score 1st. Solo Homer by Schwarber...and now solo homer by Heyward...Cubs have some bats.

Castillo 2 runs after 4....Reds need to score or they can't win anyway.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
2 run homer by Happ and now 4 to 0 top of the 5th. Cubs going long ball on Castillo today.

Castillo 4 runs after 5. Near 100 pitches....Still no runs for Reds. Cubs Chatwood started but left with sore arm. Cubs into 3rd pitcher. Reds need some runs.

After 5 ...4-0....Reds bats sleeping in Sunday.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Heyward jacks his 2nd homer off Stephenson and 5 to 0 top of 6th.

Starting to look like Reds split series with Cubs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Heyward has always been an extraordinarily mediocre hitter with two or three giant holes in his big, looping swing. If you don't groove fastballs to him, he can never hurt you. Why have to th Reds over the years been so good at making this guy look so much better than he is? Pisses me off to no end.

The Reds finally gave up on Reed. Stephenson has to be next. They need to stop thinking of him in terms of what they think he could be and start seeing him for what he is.

Moustakas has somehow lost any semblance of power. What the hell happened to him?

Also, teams have figured out Castillo. It sucks that the Reds have some kind of tacit refusal to score runs for him, but aside from that, there is a book on him. He has plus velocity on his fastball but, for some reason, guys are all over it. I don't know what the answer is for him but he has earned every bit of that 0-5 record.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote