[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Senzel joins the homer party!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Gray is on fire
Reply/Quote
9 to 0 Gray still in 7th inning. This lead could be an opportunity to give Iglesias and Lorenzen some after Covid months work on a short leash. A very short leash. Save others for a closer game.

Well forget that. Raley just let in 5 runs still in 7th. Why he stayed in long enough to do that is bad managing by Bell. 5 runs and no outs by Raley, and Bell needs a faster hook. Relievers need to get outs or be taken out fast.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Here we ***** go again...

Reply/Quote
This bullpen is absolute shit.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This bullpen is absolute shit.

Could be a good thing that the Cubs pen is worse than ours.
Reply/Quote
It's amazing how our pitching coach gets accolades for the starters yet can't do crap with the bullpen arms.
Reply/Quote
Thank you Cubs pen for sucking worse than ours!
Reply/Quote
That ball bounced. What a joke.
Reply/Quote
That ball hit the ground.

Reply/Quote
hit the ground
Reply/Quote
How in the hell is something like that only reviewable if it's in the outfield?
Reply/Quote
Watching Reds Raley let in 5 runs and no outs, and Maples of Cubs let in 3 runs and no outs leaving with bases loaded. I think that is the worst back to back relief pitching I've seen, and worst managing of pitchers also. I think they faced a combined 11 batters and no outs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
That rule will be changed next year.
Reply/Quote
Don't get to watch many games where both teams have more runs than hits
Reply/Quote
Reds win. 12 to 7 even though Gray pitched 6 and 2/3 innings of 1 hit and no runs and 11 K's baseball. Raley and Reed were awful, but Sims was good in between them.

2-4 on season with Castillo on mound, so make it 3-4 and GO REDS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Gray was awesome. Bell should have let him finish the 7th. 6 2/3 of one hit ball and strikes out his last hitter, pull him. In fairness to Bell, this bull pen is going to make a lot of his decisions look bad.

When healthy, this lineup is very tough. So far, all of the free agents have been as advertised. Castellanos has this Tony Perez type swagger. "I'm here to knock in runs."

I'm tired of Votto being a leader. Moose, Castellanos and Akiyama bring a confidence that only Suarez had in this lineup. Hopefully we get this pandemic in order because this is going to be an explosive team to watch.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
So I am seeing that John McNamara died today. Managed the Reds in the late 70's and early 80's. I believe he replaced Sparky. Known for also managing Boston during the ill-fated Buckner misplay in the 1986 world Series. Also known for managing the Reds during the 'split' season in 1981 when the Reds had the best record in baseball but didn't qualify for the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2020, 11:35 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Gray was awesome. Bell should have let him finish the 7th. 6 2/3 of one hit ball and strikes out his last hitter, pull him. In fairness to Bell, this bull pen is going to make a lot of his decisions look bad.

When healthy, this lineup is very tough. So far, all of the free agents have been as advertised. Castellanos has this Tony Perez type swagger. "I'm here to knock in runs."

I'm tired of Votto being a leader. Moose, Castellanos and Akiyama bring a confidence that only Suarez had in this lineup. Hopefully we get this pandemic in order because this is going to be an explosive team to watch.

Lance MacAlister said Bell gave Gray the choice to stay in or not, but Gray apparently doesn’t feel 100% after the shortened camp. With the score being 8-0 at the time I don’t really blame him for wanting not push himself and come out.

Reply/Quote