Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Sept 16th-27th . . . Last 10 games - The race to the playoffs or elimination
Cards losing 9-1 in the 6th!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
And they fall 12-3 . . . Now . . . they have 5 against the Brewers in the next 4 days and possibly 2 more against Detroit on Monday. Reds bullpen got a day off before a day off. Disco and Miley both got in some relief to get the feel of coming in out of the pen during a game. Bell is prepping his pen for the playoffs, and to be honest, doing a pretty good job lately. Add in Disco and Miley to Bradley, Iglesias, Garret, and Sims and you've got a pretty solid pen. Now, what to do with Lorenzen. Late game pressure is too much for him, with playoff pressure, it could get very ugly.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I'm rooting for Cardinals, Rays, Padres from here on out. I'll explain later.

Huge Play-Off WIN by Reds tonight. Bauer was great, Votto and Reds scored runs and won. As great as Gray pitched and bullpen and hitters blew it Tuesday, Reds needed this Wednesday.

So instead of Reds having 29 losses and Brewers 27, they both have 28, Reds have 29 wins, Brewers 28. I'm sure Reds vs Brewers this season Reds won. Reds won most of these Reds vs Brewers series and that should also help.

Reds off Thursday but others play. Come Friday you will see why I'm looking at loss column. Thursday is like NFL bye week.

I want the Rays to beat the Phillies as Reds play Twins.

I want the Padres to beat the Giants as Reds play Twins.

I want the Cardinals to beat the Brewers as Reds play Twins.

I want Reds to clinch a play-off spot on SATURDAY. This way they do not pitch a top pitcher Sunday. They can save Bauer for GAME ONE of PLAY-OFFS. They do not have to pitch a #4 pitcher to start play-offs. They do NOT use all their top guns against Twins.

This is why I root for Cardinals, Rays, Padres this weekend. I WANT REDS TO CLINCH A SPOT SATURDAY, so Reds don't use good pitchers Sunday. Reds save best pitching for GAME ONE of Play-Offs. NOT A ONE AND DONE IN PLAY-OFFS as Bengal Fans call it.

The order of finish does not matter. Reds have played their last game in Cincinnati this year. So the best thing is Cardinals to take 3 out of 4 or sweep Brewers to knock Brewers off Reds. Plus Twins are tough. Reds may need Cardinals to beat the heck out of Brewers.

If Cardinals CLOBBER Brewers, it takes the pressure off Reds vs Twins.

Forget catching Cardinals, that is nothing. Better would be for Brewers to lose so bad that Reds clinch Saturday so they can start lining up their play-off pitchers. Whoever Reds play, Dodgers, Cubs, Braves, The Reds will have a chance if they can line up Bauer, Castillo and Gray in Play-Offs.

REDS WIN TONIGHT HUGE. Otherwise Reds would be 2 more losses than Brewers with 3 Reds games left to play. TONIGTS WIN moves Reds ahead of Brewers, but not by much. We could use Brewers to lose a few more games. Brewers losing to Cardinals Thursday on Reds day off would be great in setting up possible Reds clinch of play-off spot SATURDAY and then save Bauer for PLAY--OFFS which start fast after Sunday.

Remember 1990 when Eric Davis in World Series played like in his best years. Votto is starting to play like his best years at just the right time also. The MVP Votto changes play-off chances in Reds favor. Lets clinch Saturday and save Bauer for Play-Off Game One.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Brewers only have 27 wins and the Reds own the tie breaker, but i get what you're saying. They have a 5 game series with the Cardinals starting tomorrow, double header on Friday and then they close out the season with their two best pitchers, Woodruff and Anderson. I'd love to have either one of those guys pitching for Cincinnati. They both have "that swagger" that big game pitchers have.

BIG start for Mahle on Friday. The biggest of his career so far. He has officially become the teams #4 starter. 3.57 ERA is pretty solid in today's baseball.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 01:49 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The Brewers only have 27 wins and the Reds own the tie breaker, but i get what you're saying. They have a 5 game series with the Cardinals starting tomorrow, double header on Friday and then they close out the season with their two best pitchers, Woodruff and Anderson. I'd love to have either one of those guys pitching for Cincinnati. They both have "that swagger" that big game pitchers have.

BIG start for Mahle on Friday. The biggest of his career so far. He has officially become the teams #4 starter. 3.57 ERA is pretty solid in today's baseball.

Look to the losses. not the wins.  They will end up playing the same amount of games.  Reds and Brewers have 28 losses.  Cardinals could hang loss 29 on them on Reds day off.  

Catching the Cardinals is a pointless wish. Reds are on the road no matter what,  If Cardinals beat Brewers this weekend, Reds should be in unless swept by Twins.   Brewers beating Cardinals could very much put Brewers and Cardinals in and Reds out if Twins beat up on Reds.  

I would not trade Reds pitching for Brewers pitching. Bauer, Castillo, Gray are better than anybody on Brewers. 

I'm rooting for Cardinals to beat Brewers Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  The Reds would clinch before Sunday and could go into play-offs with Bauer, Gray, Castillo. ..Clinching Saturday means Reds can play scrubs Sunday.  This is why I want Cardinals to clock the Brewers and blow Milwaukee out and Reds clinch Saturday. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I know you’re focused on the losses, but you said the Brewers have 28 wins.

And I refuse to accept that the Reds cannot catch a team that they are tied with.

If the Reds go 2-1 against the Twins and the Brewers go 3-2 against the Cardinals then the Reds are in 2nd unless the Cardinals sweep the Tigers on Monday. If the Brewers go 4-1 against the Cardinals and the Reds go 2-1, the Reds clinch 2nd. The Reds own the tie breaker with the Brewers. Why you are rooting for the team that has the tie breaker against the Reds is beyond me.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Giants lose in extras. Reds move back to the first wild card spot.
Reply/Quote
Cardinals beat Brewers and NOW Reds are 1 and a half games over Brewers. See how this works. We want Cardinals to beat the Brewers and get them out of here so Reds can clinch before Sunday and save Bauer for Game One of Play-Offs. Or do we want to see Miley or Lorenzen on mound starting in Play-Offs, I don't think so.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 01:24 AM)kevin Wrote: Cardinals beat Brewers and NOW Reds are 1 and a half games over Brewers.  See how this works.  We want Cardinals to beat the Brewers and get them out of here so Reds can clinch before Sunday and save Bauer for Game One of Play-Offs.  Or do we want to see Miley or Lorenzen on mound starting in Play-Offs, I don't think so.

As it stands right now, Mahle, Castillo, and Gray are pitching against the Twins so Bauer would next pitch in the playoffs should the Reds hold on. If my math is right a Reds win and Brewers loss tomorrow(Friday) means the Brewers cannot overtake the Reds
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 01:38 AM)cinci4life Wrote: As it stands right now, Mahle, Castillo, and Gray are pitching against the Twins so Bauer would next pitch in the playoffs should the Reds hold on. If my math is right a Reds win and Brewers loss tomorrow(Friday) means the Brewers cannot overtake the Reds

Even better.  The sooner Reds clinch, save Gray back from injury also.  If we can save Castillo, even better. If Reds clinch Friday. save THE BIG 3 for Play-Offs to World Series work load. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 01:53 AM)kevin Wrote: Even better.  The sooner Reds clinch, save Gray back from injury also.  If we can save Castillo, even better. If Reds clinch Friday. save THE BIG 3 for Play-Offs to World Series work load. 

Reds can't clinch a playoff spot on Friday with the Phillies and Giants still in it so Castillo is pitching Saturday.
Reply/Quote
If Cardinals win Double Header today, Brewers are done. If Rays beat Phillies today, they are done. Reds could clinch tonight.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 02:21 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds can't clinch a playoff spot on Friday with the Phillies and Giants still in it so Castillo is pitching Saturday.

I take that back. Just saw where they clinch a spot tonight with a win, a Phillies loss, and Brewers lose one of the 2 games. Not sure this is right though because that would put Phillies 2 games back with 2 to go so they could still tie the Reds forcing a possible play in game.
Reply/Quote
Brewers take game 1 3-0. Phillies tied 1-1 in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 04:09 PM)cinci4life Wrote: I take that back. Just saw where they clinch a spot tonight with a win, a Phillies loss, and Brewers lose one of the 2 games. Not sure this is right though because that would put Phillies 2 games back with 2 to go so they could still tie the Reds forcing a possible play in game.

I think the Reds hold the tiebreaker on the Phillies and Brewers.  Not sure about the Marlins and Giants.  The Cards hold the tiebreaker on us.  We can essentially add an extra game ahead on two of these teams, and maybe more than just those two.  As an example, Phillies, have to beat us by a game to qualify.  It is confusing though with so many teams involved.  I think that's why ESPN has us at 86 percent chance of getting in, because we seem to be well off on tiebreakers,
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In my years as a baseball fan, I have never seen a team, from Little League up to MLB, take so many strikes right down the middle of the plate and swing at so many balls in the dirt.

Here's tonight's batting average for the starting lineup vs the 26-31 LA Angels
.233 vs .316
.225 vs .291
.226 vs .282
.204 vs .281
.227 vs .229
.259 vs .207
.188 vs .289
.211 vs .293
.204 vs .149

Pitching and little of anything else. Even the defense is meh.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Phillies tied 4-4 in the 8th. Cards up 3-0 on Brewers in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
MOOSE!!!!!! Big homer!
Reply/Quote
Rays take a 6-4 lead on the Phillies in the bottom of the 8th!
Reply/Quote
Cards up 5-0 in the 5th now. That's game 2 in a DH so game ends in the 7th.
Reply/Quote