Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Sept 16th-27th . . . Last 10 games - The race to the playoffs or elimination
Phillies have just lost!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds actually scored without the long ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
What happened to Mahle?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 11:32 PM)Earendil Wrote: What happened to Mahle?

Pitch count added up quick.  He pitched ok.  Under a normal regular game he'd of stayed in.
Reply/Quote
Brewers have officially lost so hold on to this lead and the Reds are in!!!
Reply/Quote
JFC

Reply/Quote
No damage..whew
Reply/Quote
[Image: 200.gif]

Reply/Quote
Nice to see some add on without using the long ball.
Reply/Quote
The only downside to all of this . . . expect a Bell extension in the off-season.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the playoffs Reds!!!!
Reply/Quote
Hell yeah

Reply/Quote
Dancing
Reply/Quote
[Image: 500a939fdbc29dd07561c10f4f9677b1531f356b.gif]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
So The Reds DID clinch a play-off spot Friday Night. Do not bother arguments on that. you can go to MLB.cpm and look it up.

So Reds are IN. The only thing in question is 7th or 8th. Reds are in 7th tonight and would play at Atlanta. If they come in 8th they would play at LA Dodgers.

NOW we get into PITCHING. Reds announcers said Reds were well prepared to use Bauer Sunday. That will not be needed, nor will Gray, save both for Play-Offs. This brings us to Castillo. It is possible to pitch him Saturday and then Game 3 of Play-Off. You do not use one of THE BIG 3 Sunday. Sunday could be Disco, Miley or Lorenzen, but you have to be looking at who you want in Play-Off Bullpen.

So IT IS PLAY-OFFS for REDS. Either Dodgers or Braves will be tough, so excuse me for wanting to hit them in the nose with BAUER, GRAY, CASTILLO.

The first round is Best of 3.
The second round is Best of 5.
The League Championship is Best of 7.
The World Series is Best of 7.

So for Reds to Win World Series they need 13 post season wins. This means they want Bauer, Gray, Castillo on the mound as often as possible. I would assume Disco is the pitcher when nobody has 3 days rest. 4 days rest is over. 2 days rest is not enough.

I think the Play-Offs start Tuesday. They could pitch Castillo Saturday, and in a Game 3 if needed. Pitching Gray or Bauer against Twins now would be foolish. Arms must be rested for post season run at World Series. REDS have as much chance to WIN World Series as anybody. THIS is what they brought BAUER and GRAY to REDS for.

WARNING : Gray has had back problems of late. They need Castillo if needed to pitch sooner and I assume Disco gets #3 if Gray back problems return. Gray's back means he must get at least 3 days rest.

GO REDS IN PLAY-OFFS. WORLD SERIES, HERE WE COME.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
WOO HOO!!!

How cool is it that everything came together the way it did tonight?

Kudos to David Bell and his Reds that they never stopped believing in themselves when virtually no one else did. And shame on me for having no faith in them at all. Very glad I was so wrong.

Really good that they are getting it together now, when it matters the most.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Very nice! ThumbsUp
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Pretty excited for this. I know they're no the Dodgers or Braves, but I'd be less than stoked if I were a team that draws the Reds in the first round of a 3-game-series playoff. Bauer, Gray, and, Castillo are going to be a tough 3 to win 2 against.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 01:41 AM)kevin Wrote: So The Reds DID clinch a play-off spot Friday Night. Do not bother arguments on that. you can go to MLB.cpm and look it up.

So Reds are IN. The only thing in question is 7th or 8th. Reds are in 7th tonight and would play at Atlanta. If they come in 8th they would play at LA Dodgers.

NOW we get into PITCHING. Reds announcers said Reds were well prepared to use Bauer Sunday. That will not be needed, nor will Gray, save both for Play-Offs. This brings us to Castillo. It is possible to pitch him Saturday and then Game 3 of Play-Off. You do not use one of THE BIG 3 Sunday. Sunday could be Disco, Miley or Lorenzen, but you have to be looking at who you want in Play-Off Bullpen.

So IT IS PLAY-OFFS for REDS. Either Dodgers or Braves will be tough, so excuse me for wanting to hit them in the nose with BAUER, GRAY, CASTILLO.

The first round is Best of 3.
The second round is Best of 5.
The League Championship is Best of 7.
The World Series is Best of 7.

So for Reds to Win World Series they need 13 post season wins. This means they want Bauer, Gray, Castillo on the mound as often as possible. I would assume Disco is the pitcher when nobody has 3 days rest. 4 days rest is over. 2 days rest is not enough.

I think the Play-Offs start Tuesday. They could pitch Castillo Saturday, and in a Game 3 if needed. Pitching Gray or Bauer against Twins now would be foolish. Arms must be rested for post season run at World Series. REDS have as much chance to WIN World Series as anybody. THIS is what they brought BAUER and GRAY to REDS for.

WARNING : Gray has had back problems of late. They need Castillo if needed to pitch sooner and I assume Disco gets #3 if Gray back problems return. Gray's back means he must get at least 3 days rest.

GO REDS IN PLAY-OFFS. WORLD SERIES, HERE WE COME.

Reds are very much in the race for 2nd in the division which means that they could still be the #5 or #6 seed.
Reply/Quote
Well, like 3 weeks ago the Reds were left for dead. I thought they had next to no chance. They got hot at the right time let's hope they can stay hot.
Reply/Quote