Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report BB was taping Cincinnati Bengals play calls.
(12-11-2019, 01:26 PM)depthchart Wrote: It seems like a positive for the Bengals Organization.

Puts the Bengals in the National Spotlight and has many Bengal Fans scratching their heads as to WHY Belichik would go to all the trouble of doing it.

It likely Legitimizes the Bengals some as being enough of a supposed Threat to the Patriots that they would resort to doing it.

Patriots worried about the lowly Bengals is a head scratcher.

It also adds to Belichick's "on to Cincinnati" famous quote from a few years back which came after the Patriots had just lost.

The Patriots REP may get dinged here with little downside for the already down Bengals which could use that number 1 overall pick anyway.

Remember the last time they were on to Cincinnati? They came out and were beating the Bengals down. Then we started to gain a little momentum. The Patriots played a video of Devon Still and his daughter on the jumbo tron... Next thing you know, the Bengals are crying and all emotional, and they start kicking our ass again...

Dirty pool...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 01:41 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Mike Brown will do NOTHING about this as he and BB are buddies.We are doomed as fans because its the bengals.

Mike likely sees this as a Compliment of his Organization and is giddy with excitement right now over the National attention while blushing with one hand over his mouth towards the Patriots who just showed his Team this compliment.  :heart:
Reply/Quote
Oh c'mon guys.. Isn't this where the lowly bengals take down the mighty pats AND cough up our coveted first round pick all in one fell swoop? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 02:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: Oh c'mon guys.. Isn't this where the lowly bengals take down the mighty pats AND cough up our coveted first round pick all in one fell swoop? 

I would rather make Tom Brady yell at his offensive linemen, make Bill Belichick scowl more than usual, and send the Spies home with a loss than have a first round pick.  Tanking for a pick is what losers do.
Reply/Quote
They weren’t cheating. Do you really think they got credentials and set up a camera right in the middle of the press box in the off chance they could steal some signals? Oh yeah they also created a show which has actually aired episodes so they had a ready made excuse. All of this for the Bengals? The thought that cheaters can’t help themselves may be true if an opportunity presented itself, but it doesn’t mean they would go through all of this to steal some sideline info.

A lot of us don’t like the Pats because they’ve had two decades of dominance compared to our five decades of nothingness, but let’s not be ridiculous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 10:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They weren’t cheating. Do you really think they got credentials and set up a camera right in the middle of the press box in the off chance they could steal some signals? Oh yeah they also created a show which has actually aired episodes so they had a ready made excuse. All of this for the Bengals? The thought that cheaters can’t help themselves may be true if an opportunity presented itself, but it doesn’t mean they would go through all of this to steal some sideline info.

A lot of us don’t like the Pats because they’ve had two decades of dominance compared to our five decades of nothingness, but let’s not be ridiculous.

I'm indifferent to the Patriots on a bad day, and respect them on a good day... But... There was 8 minutes of footage of our sideline.... And they're in a mini free fall. I mean their damn owner was involved in a human trafficking sex ring, and got a slap on the wrist. Any other team gets the benefit of the doubt. Not these guys.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 10:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They weren’t cheating. Do you really think they got credentials and set up a camera right in the middle of the press box in the off chance they could steal some signals?  Oh yeah they also created a show which has actually aired episodes so they had a ready made excuse.  All of this for the Bengals?  The thought that cheaters can’t help themselves may be true if an opportunity presented itself, but it doesn’t mean they would go through all of this to steal some sideline info.

Don't go to that extent to defy it. BB wins and if spying is what he does, then so be it. Doesnt mean he wouldn't do it on a 1-12 team. Although, I hardly would call what he does spying. More like reconnaissance. TBH, just sad we didnt get caught doing something that said we would win at all cost.  Sad

Damnit Mike Brown! Go do something!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 10:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They weren’t cheating. Do you really think they got credentials and set up a camera right in the middle of the press box in the off chance they could steal some signals?  Oh yeah they also created a show which has actually aired episodes so they had a ready made excuse.  All of this for the Bengals?  The thought that cheaters can’t help themselves may be true if an opportunity presented itself, but it doesn’t mean they would go through all of this to steal some sideline info.

That's exactly what they did...

Quote:More information has come to light since then about what exactly New England got on camera, according to Paul Dehner Jr. of the Athletic

Quote:According to sources who have viewed the tape, it shows about eight minutes of footage focusing on recording the Bengals’ sideline. It’s a direct view of the sideline as players run on and off the field and coaches make signals for plays. This isn’t an over-the-shoulder of the advanced scout who is doing his job stuff. This is shooting the sideline. For an extended period of time. The egregious nature of the video is why it set off the firestorm it did during the game with the Bengals executives in the press box.

It's the exact same as the orginal Spygate. They lost their 1st rounder and Belichick was fined 500k.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

This time around should be the last straw. They have shown a consistent pattern of this type of deviant behavior. They have been caught blatantly diverging from the rules several times. Specifically with video recordings.

BB should receive nothing less than a one year suspension, and clear loss of a #1 & #3 picks. Obviously, previous penalization was completely disregarded by this organization and laughed away. It is time to set a severe precedent for this type of behavior.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 10:37 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Take your bullshit and sling it elsewhere! This time around should be the last straw. They have shown a consistent pattern of this type of deviant behavior. They have been caught blatantly diverging from the rules several times. Specifically with video recordings.

BB should receive nothing less than a one year suspension, and clear loss of a #1 & #3 picks. Obviously, previous penalization was completely disregarded by this organization and laughed away. It is time to set a severe precedent for this type of behavior.

Why don’t you rephrase your words then maybe I’ll consider responding to you. I don’t know you. Don’t write as if I do. But thanks for being exactly what I wrote about.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 11:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Why don’t you rephrase your words then maybe I’ll consider responding to you. But thanks for being exactly what I wrote about.
 I misunderstood your post. I thought that you were advocating this type of behavior. Just misinterpreted your sarcasm.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 11:06 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote:  I misunderstood your post. I thought that you were advocating this type of behavior. Just misinterpreted your sarcasm.

No problem, but let me state what I think in case it’s unclear. I don’t think the Pats are above cheating, but I think in this particular case it’s hard to imagine them going through all of this to cheat, with minimal advantage gained, against the Bengals. You could do all this with a cell phone in the stands. Did they cheat with other teams? As of yet I have not heard that they requested credentials to shoot this show at other places. So do they have a different excuse for every venue?

Just for fun I did read a comment where the person thought that while he didn’t think they cheated they would have been much better off shooting this segment at Gillette. LOL

Reply/Quote
How bad at cheating do you have to be to be caught by the Bengals front office. Seriously that's the funniest thing about this whole scandle.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 11:29 PM)J24 Wrote: How bad at cheating do you have to be to be caught by the Bengals front office. Seriously that's the funniest thing about this whole scandle.

They probably figured that even if they get caught, no one would believe they were actually cheating against the bengals so they didn’t need to hide it this week. This was probably their D game cheating, not gonna waste/risk the good cheating moves on a one win team. Judging by this board they were about 50% right.
Reply/Quote