Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
(02-26-2020, 01:12 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Does anyone have a reasonable idea of Daltons trade value? Tannehill went for a 6th, but he did almost nothing in miami and dalton had 5 straight play off appearances. I read that hes worth amid round pick, so maybe a 3rd or 4th possible? Can we find a team so desperate for a QB that they are willing to give a 2nd?

Yes. If Dalton plays out the last year of his deal and then signs a mullti-year deal elsewhere, the team that traded for him could expect to receive a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2022.

This makes the starting point for a trade a 4th round pick (a mid 4th round pick in 2021 being probably worth a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2022). This will be adjusted depending on how team friendly his contract is. As below, his contract will be more team friendly if the market is re-set upwards with Mahomes or the top end free agent QBs agreeing monster deals (or retiring) - that could push it up to a late second round pick.

Remember most of the teams interested in Dalton are likely to be picking in the lower half of the draft - so a second round pick will be more like a third round pick than a first round pick.

(02-26-2020, 01:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like with free agents sometimes a players market value depends on who else is available.

I am pretty sure Brady, Brees, Prescott, and Tannehill re-sign with their current teams, but that leaves Rivers, Mariota, Bridgewater, Winston, and Keenum as other options teams could sign without giving up anything in trade.

The key isn't so much who signs as how much they sign for. If the market is re-set upwards, Dalton being under contract for a reasonable $17.5m is suddenly that much more appealing, thereby raising his trade value.

The dream scenario for the Bengals would be Mahomes and Watson agreeing massive new deals resetting the market prior to free agency; Brady moving elsewhere for megabucks and then Brees and Rivers retiring and a bidding war erupting. I'm not sure any of that happens but it's nice to dream.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 08:04 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Unless the team is consistent and looks better...  it's gonna be Joe vs Zac this season.

I can already see it coming.

All aboard the excuse train!

[Image: raw]

There will be no excuse for this team sucking it up again in 2020 for Zac, pretty damn sure.

He is on a short leash, nobody likes to lose this much, not even MB.

Burrow will be a good start for turning things around but he will need tons of help and ten fold better play calling then
what we saw last season. Taylor should be already adapting a Saints/LSU type Offense for Burrow to run and we need 
to get the O-line solidified for Burrow to run it.

(02-26-2020, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Too bad you were not a fan in 2018.

Dalton played GREAT in a primetime game in 2018?

Cannot remember this.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dalton played GREAT in a primetime game in 2018?

Cannot remember this.

107.7 rating, 4 tds against the number one defense in the league.

I have noticed before you have problems with your memory when it comes to anything positive about the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There will be no excuse for this team sucking it up again in 2020 for Zac, pretty damn sure.

He is on a short leash, nobody likes to lose this much, not even MB.

Burrow will be a good start for turning things around but he will need tons of help and ten fold better play calling then
what we saw last season. Taylor should be already adapting a Saints/LSU type Offense for Burrow to run and we need 
to get the O-line solidified for Burrow to run it.

Dalton played GREAT in a primetime game in 2018?

Cannot remember this.

I was at that game Nate... Dalton and Green carved up Baltimore. It would have been a complete blowout had the refs not made a couple terrible calls which allowed the Ravens to get back in it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 04:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 107.7 rating, 4 tds against the number one defense in the league.

I have noticed before you have problems with your memory when it comes to anything positive about the Bengals.

Dalton's prime time record including play offs 6-19-1. Only threw for over 300 yds in three of those 26 games and threw more ints than tds in 14 of the 26. The bar isn't set very high. I see your memory only remembers things that support your point of view.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 04:51 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Dalton's prime time record including play offs 6-19-1. Only threw for over 300 yds in three of those 26 games and threw more ints than tds in 14 of the 26. The bar isn't set very high. I see your memory only remembers things that support your point of view.

My memory is fine.  I never denied that he had some bad games in prime time.

I am able to remember all the games, unlike some people here.  Dalton had three prime time wins against playoff teams where he posted a passer rating over 90.  He had two more games with a 90+ passer rating against Division Champion teams where the Bengal defense allowed the other team to come from behind and win on a last second FG. Not nearly enough good games, but at least I am able to remember them.

Finally, your numbers are wrong.  Dalton is 6-16 in prime time games.  When did you think we tied?
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 05:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote:   
My memory is fine.  I never denied that he had some bad games in prime time.

I am able to remember all the games, unlike some people here.  Dalton had three prime time wins against playoff teams where he posted a passer rating over 90.  He had two more games with a 90+ passer rating against Division Champion teams where the Bengal defense allowed the other team to come from behind and win on a last second FG. Not nearly enough good games, but at least I am able to remember them.

Finally, your numbers are wrong.  Dalton is 6-16 in prime time games.  When did you think we tied?
  You can remember all the good Andy, I will grant you its not that much to remember, but do you remember 10-33 , 86yrs, 3ints Andy?  It doesn't  matter if its 6-16 or 6-19-1 he is the epitome of a choker.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 12:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then the rest of the team yells at the QB when he messes up and all you have is bickering teammates.

Once a QB has been in the league a while and proven himself then he may have more leeway in yelling at teammates, but I don't suggest a rookie QB trying it.

And BTW

Boomer's Bengal record.....62-61
Dalton's Bengal record...….70-61-2
The rest of the offense doesn't yell at the QB for anything. Quickest way to get on a position coach or coordinators shit list and get yanked from the game for a play or two. Until you can "get with the program".

I never said anything about Boomer's/Andy's won-loss record. I said the Bengals haven't had an in-your-face QB since Boomer.

If they pick Burrow, he'll be the leader he's always been, with ZT's and any other coaches approval.

Players expect a QB to lead....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 06:32 PM)JSR18 Wrote: The rest of the offense doesn't yell at the QB for anything. Quickest way to get on a position coach or coordinators shit list and get yanked from the game for a play or two. Until you can "get with the program".

No.  That is not how it works.

Rookie QBs can't come in and chew out vets with out getting it back when they screw up.

Too many fans mistake "squealing" for "leading".  Every rookie QB has to earn his bona fides before he can start chewing out established vets.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 11:50 PM)JSR18 Wrote: That hasn't happened here since Boomer left....and it shows...

(02-26-2020, 06:32 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I never said anything about Boomer's/Andy's won-loss record. 

If it doesn't show in the won/loss record then it doesn't really matter.  I prefer wins without a squealing QB over losses with one.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 12:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Andy was 100% a Rah-Rah guy; that and, "in your face," are 2 different things.

Carsone was an in-your-face guy 100%, but the only time I ever saw him be a Rah-Rah type, was when he threw for the TD against the Stoolers in the wonderful week 3 game of 2009.

I barely saw any emotion and cheering on of others/etc. outside of that one play.

I don't see Andy as a rah-rah type. He's more of a quiet lead by example type.

Carson was an in your face type leader only when he needed to be. i.e when he ripped Chad's HOF jacket off on national TV...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 06:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it doesn't show in the won/loss record then it doesn't really matter.  I prefer wins without a squealing QB over losses with one.
That's you Fred, not me. As always you're trying to to twist my words to fit you're argument.

We'll agree to disagree. As always...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 04:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 107.7 rating, 4 tds against the number one defense in the league.

Guess so when it is so rare and was a couple years ago. One game doesn't do it for me though Fred.

Wish Dalton would of done that in the Playoffs, we would of won at least a couple playoff games if he did.

Wasn't just him I know that, but QB is the most important position in sports.

(02-26-2020, 04:12 PM)jason Wrote: I was at that game Nate... Dalton and Green carved up Baltimore. It would have been a complete blowout had the refs not made a couple terrible calls which allowed the Ravens to get back in it.

Ah, the Ravens, figured it would of had to of been the Ravens. Green always has played pretty great against the Ravens.

Dalton has had some great games against them as well. Starting to remember this game.

Under Marv, we seemed to actually have the Ravens number for years. Gotta give these guys credit here.
Reply/Quote
I'm beginning to think Andy's destination may be New England - if this chatter about Brady not returning is to be believed.

Jeff Darlington just said he'd be "shocked" if Brady returned to NE. I don't know that I buy that.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 11:43 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm beginning to think Andy's destination may be New England - if this chatter about Brady not returning is to be believed.

Jeff Darlington just said he'd be "shocked" if Brady returned to NE. I don't know that I buy that.

Hmmm, interesting. Hmm
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 11:43 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm beginning to think Andy's destination may be New England - if this chatter about Brady not returning is to be believed.

There was also an article in the Athletic today where an unidentified GM is speculating Dalton's value is a 2nd or 3rd now, citing his relatively low $17.5M contract. They seem to think Dalton's the 2nd best available QB this offseason behind Brady. This place would absolutely go nuts if they got a 2nd. 

I've heard rumors of both Chicago & NE being interested. I wouldn't be surprised if TB had interest as well with all their weapons and how much Arians trashes on Winston. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 04:09 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: There was also an article in the Athletic today where an unidentified GM is speculating Dalton's value is a 2nd or 3rd now, citing his relatively low $17.5M contract. They seem to think Dalton's the 2nd best available QB this offseason behind Brady. This place would absolutely go nuts if they got a 2nd. 

I've heard rumors of both Chicago & NE being interested. I wouldn't be surprised if TB had interest as well with all their weapons and how much Arians trashes on Winston. 

Would be awesome to get a 2nd for Dalton.

Tampa almost seems the most likely to me after NE if Brady leaves. Winston is a pick machine.

Is Rivers retiring or is he going to Tampa Bay is my question cause I heard Rivers bought a house in Tampa?
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 05:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be awesome to get a 2nd for Dalton.

Tampa almost seems the most likely to me after NE if Brady leaves. Winston is a pick machine.

Is Rivers retiring or is he going to Tampa Bay is my question cause I heard Rivers bought a house in Tampa?

I've seen speculation on twitter that Indy could also be a spot for Rivers. Sounds like they weren't happy with Brisset.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals don't win it all this year I'd like to see Rivers go to the Pats and win a ring.  He is one of the most underrated QBs in history.

Over the last 14 seasons he has missed ZERO games and finished in the top 10 in passing yards 12 times (7 times in the top 5).  He has also finished in the top ten in TDs eleven times and passer rating seven times.  He made the playoffs six times and only had 4 losing seasons.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 05:20 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I've seen speculation on twitter that Indy could also be a spot for Rivers. Sounds like they weren't happy with Brisset.

That is a new one to me, Luck left them Colts in a tight spot.

(02-27-2020, 05:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If the Bengals don't win it all this year I'd like to see Rivers go to the Pats and win a ring.  He is one of the most underrated QBs in history.

Over the last 14 seasons he has missed ZERO games and finished in the top 10 in passing yards 12 times (7 times in the top 5).  He has also finished in the top ten in TDs eleven times and passer rating seven times.  He made the playoffs six times and only had 4 losing seasons.

Rivers is definitely one of the most underrated QB's in history I agree.

Don't care for his passing motion but it works for damn sure. He sure tore us up a couple times.

I like Rivers attitude, some don't but I like his moxy. 
Reply/Quote