Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Bengals willing to work with Andy Dalton on trade
(02-15-2020, 01:50 PM)jason Wrote: I think it's gonna take actual winning to start filling the stadium again. Burrow will bring a few more butts to seats, but I don't think it'll be near a packed house unless the Steelers or Browns are in town. We've been fooled too many times.

I think you may be surprised. The thought of the same old dog and pony show year in and year out has completely alienated the fan base. The team may or not be improved but having hope that things will improve will excite the fans. The FO has to parlay the enthusiasm with more ventures in free agency with the savings from jettisoned contracts or the excitement will fade quickly. Most want a new team but and direction but want to keep being Bengals fans. Its up to MB now.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2020, 05:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Brady leaves the Pats, the best situation for Andy may also be the team that offers the most.

They value draft capital the most and would have one of the lowest in-round picks, but I completely agree that it would be a great fit for both.  Can't imagine why Brady would leave for a team like NE for Oakland/Vegas when the money is the same.  The officials won't travel with him...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2020, 01:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: They value draft capital the most and would have one of the lowest in-round picks, but I completely agree that it would be a great fit for both.  Can't imagine why Brady would leave for a team like NE for Oakland/Vegas when the money is the same.  The officials won't travel with him...

Belichick will not stay if he feels he can't win.  A break the bank contract will handcuff his chances. He may feel he can get Dalton and Green for the same money as Brady alone and not tie up money long term . Maybe last year showed Brady's weaknesses after all he is the greatest talent evaluator ever.I don't know what Brady's agent is asking but maybe both want to step out of the shadow of one another and see what they can  accomplish.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2020, 12:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Man this team has seen a lot of players come and go but does anyone compare to Hill as disliked by the fans?

Yeah the obvious from this thread are the ones who don't like Dalton but that's going to always be there because of frustration.

I'd say that Hill might have even surpassed Palmer, which many loathed for being a quitter, only to rethink their stance because of Mike Brown's ego and stubbornness.

Hill is the epitome of good riddance because of this nugget.  F that guy who did nothing to earn a ring.

[Image: DyrReswWoAU29D-?format=jpg&name=900x900]

Agreed... And to prove your point.

**** Jeremy Hill!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2020, 10:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: They already tried Hill. LOL

Not with the rest of the band though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
We need at least a 2nd or 3rd for him.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2020, 01:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: They value draft capital the most and would have one of the lowest in-round picks, but I completely agree that it would be a great fit for both.  Can't imagine why Brady would leave for a team like NE for Oakland/Vegas when the money is the same.  The officials won't travel with him...

IF Brady does leave, I think Dalton is just the type of guy Billy B would go after. I saw an interesting idea floated the other day on Twitter of Andy to the Pats in exchange for the teams switching picks 23 and 33. Basically, the equivalent of trading him for a mid-3rd round pick, as far as point value.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 11:38 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ... aaaaand we know exactly WHAT you are...

I'm a Bengals fan since 1988.. Fell in love with the unis and Ickey and  Boomer when I was 8.. I just want a great QB and I think Joe Burrow can be that. Andy not so much. I was on board until the charger playoff game. That game was where I had enough. The fumble with no one around him was one of the worst plays I ever witnessed. Everything has to be perfect for Dalton to even be average. I think it be easier to find a great QB then building a perfect roster.. esp with the front office we have...
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2020, 08:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IF Brady does leave, I think Dalton is just the type of guy Billy B would go after. I saw an interesting idea floated the other day on Twitter of Andy to the Pats in exchange the teams switching picks 23 and 33. Basically, the equivalent of trading him for a mid-3rd round pick, as far as point value.

That would be a very good trade for the Bengals and something that the Patriots would do with their trade history. It would put them in contention for playmakers like Laviska Shenault, Henry Ruggs III, Yetur Gross-Motos...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2020, 08:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IF Brady does leave, I think Dalton is just the type of guy Billy B would go after. I saw an interesting idea floated the other day on Twitter of Andy to the Pats in exchange the teams switching picks 23 and 33. Basically, the equivalent of trading him for a mid-3rd round pick, as far as point value.

Why do so many people think Andy to the Pat's? He'd take rivers or one the free agents that are better than Andy for a stop gap and draft a QB. They dont have to give up anything either. I can't see in any way possible him going to the Pat's. I wish it would happen though..
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2020, 08:53 PM)Tony Wrote: Why do so many people think Andy to the Pat's? He'd take rivers or one the free agents that are better than Andy for a stop gap and draft a QB. They dont have to give up anything either. I can't see in any way possible him going to the Pat's. I wish it would happen though..

I figure whichever team misses out on the big name FA QBs will have to start attempting to deal with MB for Dalton. 
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2020, 08:53 PM)Tony Wrote: Why do so many people think Andy to the Pat's? He'd take rivers or one the free agents that are better than Andy for a stop gap and draft a QB. They dont have to give up anything either. I can't see in any way possible him going to the Pat's. I wish it would happen though..

Rivers looked pretty damn spent to me last year... Borderline awful in some games I saw. Like they took a guy outta the stands to play QB awful.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2020, 08:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IF Brady does leave, I think Dalton is just the type of guy Billy B would go after. I saw an interesting idea floated the other day on Twitter of Andy to the Pats in exchange for the teams switching picks 23 and 33. Basically, the equivalent of trading him for a mid-3rd round pick, as far as point value.

That would be an incredible win for the Bengals, IMHO.  They could either get a top tier starter with the 5th round option, or the possibility of trading back in the first round and gaining an additional 2nd or 3rd rounder.  That way they still get the additional 1st round pick and turn it in to another pick the day 2.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2020, 11:51 PM)jason Wrote: Rivers looked pretty damn spent to me last year... Borderline awful in some games I saw. Like they took a guy outta the stands to play QB awful.

Rivers is done. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 11:38 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Rivers is done. 

Rivers won 12 games in 2108 and 26 over the last three years and is done but Dalton has won 14 in the last three and is going to get us a first or second rounder. Bengals fans always have their jaded glasses on when it comes to their players.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 12:11 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Rivers won 12 games in 2108 and 26 over the last three years and is done but Dalton has won 14 in the last three and is going to get us a first or second rounder. Bengals fans always have their jaded glasses on when it comes to their players.

That and getting Rivers as a FA has to be a lot easier than having to haggle with MB over Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 12:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That and getting Rivers as a FA has to be a lot easier than having to haggle with MB over Dalton.

Agreed.

I see no reason why anyone would give up draft capital for Dalton without first trying to bring in free-agent options like Rivers.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 12:11 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Rivers won 12 games in 2108 and 26 over the last three years and is done but Dalton has won 14 in the last three and is going to get us a first or second rounder. Bengals fans always have their jaded glasses on when it comes to their players.

Maybe... But it's 2020, and he looked really bad physically and mechanically last year with Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Austin Ekeler, and Melvin Gordon at his disposal. The guy's been around 16 years. You'll get no argument from me that in his prime he was better than Dalton... Maybe even top 5 for awhile, but those days are gone.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 01:12 PM)E Wrote: Agreed.

I see no reason why anyone would give up draft capital for Dalton without first trying to bring in free-agent options like Rivers.
I think in rivers case it has more to do with his age and mileage. Theres a 7 year difference and his arm is worn down more. He'll most likely land somewhere. its just that hes more likely to be broken down to where his arm just cant keep up with his mind. While dalton not the calibur of qb rivers was, has more time left in his arm. If this was 3 years ago I'd take rivers over dalton in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 01:38 PM)jason Wrote: Maybe... But it's 2020, and he looked really bad physically and mechanically last year with Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Austin Ekeler, and Melvin Gordon at his disposal. The guy's been around 16 years. You'll get no argument from me that in his prime he was better than Dalton... Maybe even top 5 for awhile, but those days are gone.

Right or wrong, I can see arians and the Bucs thinking they can get some Palmer late years out of Rivers.  He fits the Arians system and that franchise needs to make a splash move for good or ill. Rivers is old as dirt, but they might still toss the dice on him.

Dalton could end up on the Colts or Chargers or if we cut him a team like the Bears could bring him in in a Tannehill role to phase out a disappointing starter.

It will be interesting and telling seeing what MB asks for Dalton now that Hue Jacksin isnt around to cave in.
Reply/Quote