Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Hue could be the new head coach by next year
It appears Baker Mayfield is no fan of Hue's

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/25/baker-mayfield-snubs-hue-jackson-for-hug-criticizes-hue-to-media/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This makes way to much sense for it to not already happen.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 02:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: The recent hiring of Jackson is being viewed as a potential succession plan by several other owners and general managers who are preparing for their own coaching searches.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/11/25/18111115/hue-jackson-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lewis-nfl-rumors

Typical Mike Brown! If and when this does happen I’m officially turning in my fandom I’ve had enough of this piece of garbage owner

I actually would have been up for Hue as HC 2 years go....glad it was the browns rather than us who made that mistake.

Thought it was very telling the way the browns players seemed to treat him.

I do not even want him as an OC anymore...gotta to move on
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears Baker Mayfield is no fan of Hue's

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/25/baker-mayfield-snubs-hue-jackson-for-hug-criticizes-hue-to-media/

Kid has brains and talent.

Reply/Quote
I gotta be honest, fam. If Hue is our next HC, I may have to move on to college ball. I don't think I can do it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Hue is used up trash. No serious organization would consider him for anything beyond an OC, and that's probably being generous. He's failed at every opportunity he's had as a HC, historically so in the most recent case. He's done absolutely nothing to deserve a third shot at being a HC.

It's time for this team to find a young, innovative offensive-minded HC. It's the way of the current NFL. If they don't, we're in for a long slog as a fanbase.
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter how the Bengals decide to spin it, Marv will leave when Marv wants to leave. Hue's in place to slide into the HC spot. That'll be the Bengals' answer. We all know Hue isn't the answer, though he might have been a few years ago. We all also know the most effective HC would be somebody with no ties to the Bengals, but who's going to want to work for this crapfest, except to gain some experience and leave after a few years?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 02:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: The recent hiring of Jackson is being viewed as a potential succession plan by several other owners and general managers who are preparing for their own coaching searches.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/11/25/18111115/hue-jackson-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lewis-nfl-rumors

Typical Mike Brown! If and when this does happen I’m officially turning in my fandom I’ve had enough of this piece of garbage owner

This would be enough to keep me from watching.

Reply/Quote
Hell noooooooooooooooo
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:33 PM)sonofstat Wrote: I actually would have been up for Hue as HC 2 years go....glad it was the browns rather than us who made that mistake.

Thought it was very telling the way the browns players seemed to treat him.

I do not even want him as an OC anymore...gotta to move on

I think he's fine as an OC.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 08:07 PM)snowy Wrote: It doesn't matter how the Bengals decide to spin it, Marv will leave when Marv wants to leave. Hue's in place to slide into the HC spot. That'll be the Bengals' answer. We all know Hue isn't the answer, though he might have been a few years ago. We all also know the most effective HC would be somebody with no ties to the Bengals, but who's going to want to work for this crapfest, except to gain some experience and leave after a few years?

And the laughter that would be heard around the league
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:07 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: And the laughter that would be heard around the league

It's demotivating for the players too.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's demotivating for the players too.

No doubt. It is obvious from the effort and play that this team is not engaged and there is no recovery from that from ML's perspective 

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:07 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: And the laughter that would be heard around the league

And we will still wonder why the announcers and the NFL are more interested in talking about HOF players with SB rings and up and coming players who are tearing it up, rather than the Bengals and their re-tread awful HC and GM.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:14 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: No doubt. It is obvious from the effort and play that this team is not engaged and there is no recovery from that from ML's perspective 

Everything I read about sports and leadership in coaching talks about the process. The grind day in, and day out where you practice hard and pay attention to every detail...then it pays off in games.

Man even when we were moving the ball in the 2nd half, we had like 5 penalties on an offensive drive. That should NEVER happen at home.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 11:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Everything I read about sports and leadership in coaching talks about the process. The grind day in, and day out where you practice hard and pay attention to every detail...then it pays off in games.

Man even when we were moving the ball in the 2nd half, we had like 5 penalties on an offensive drive. That should NEVER happen at home.

Indeed. This is the case in business, charities or any organization where people are involved. In business, it is known that only 35% of employees are truly engaged in the company and its goals. This is due to lack of leadership and communications. Staff and players want to work towards a great goal but if the leadership is weak it is demoralizing and unproductive.

Reply/Quote
As a head coach Hue Jackson is 11-44-1. That’s a 0.205 winning percentage. He has won eleven games total as a head coach. That’s worse than bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 12:04 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As a head coach Hue Jackson is 11-44-1.  That’s a 0.205 winning percentage.  He has won eleven games total as a head coach.  That’s worse than bad.

He's got to be the only guy who had his "best years in Oakland" in the past 35 years or so.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hue is all about Hue. Always has been. Always will be.

I hope like hell he isn't the next head coach. It would be an extremely lazy hire and just more of the same. 

That probably means it guaranteed to happen.  Sick

Hue is loved by both Marv and Mike (and I do think Marv will have input on his successor - which is a joke in itself), so if I'm Vegas, I'd say Hue is the odds on favorite by a pretty wide margin.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 03:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hue is loved by both Marv and Mike (and I do think Marv will have input on his successor - which is a joke in itself), so if I'm Vegas, I'd say Hue is the odds on favorite by a pretty wide margin.

Speaking of Vegas odds, does Hue win more games in Cincy in the same time that he did in Cleveland? 
Reply/Quote