Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Hue could be the new head coach by next year
(11-27-2018, 01:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Way worse. Marvin actually seemed competent on Hard Knocks. Remember when he was chewing out the team in the locker room and Coles looked like he was going to piss himself? Players would laugh if Hue tried to do that.

(11-27-2018, 09:38 AM)Wyche Wrote: Looked to me like Cole's was biting his lip to keep from busting out laughing himself. He played for greatness, Bobby Bowden, he probably knew what a joke Merv is way back then. 

No idea what was going through Cole's head, but why would any player be scared of Marvin?

We've had plenty of guys make plenty of bad decisions and they're rarely held accountable. At least for veterans. Maybe that's why you see some rookies who don't play as much as maybe they should.

The biggest instance I can think of Marvin trying to restrict a player was when he said Chris Henry wouldn't play right before Chris Henry went and played.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Hue becomes the next HC....I will have to seriously consider shelfing my support of this franchise until drastic changes are made. Unfortunately, hiring Hue Jackson is a total Bungles move.
Reply/Quote
I don’t believe Hue is/will be the next coach. The Bengals notoriously keep things close to their chest.

Just like last year when it was leaked Marvin was out. It was odd then (and untrue) just like this Hue story this year.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
This is pretty funny:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/26/hue-jackson-coaching-bengals-browns

It would be easy to dismiss this Jackson report, but it should also be easy to dismiss Jackson, and ask the Browns how hard that is. Jackson has already been a head coach for the Browns and the Raiders—he just needs the Bengals and Lions to complete his Bad Franchise Bingo card.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
I find it pretty funny that people don't like Hue
1.) Everyone that follows the NFL knows the Browns were tanking for more picks in the first two years Hue was there.
2.) The Browns were decent when Hue was the coach there this season. If the ball bounces the other way they would have three more wins at least under him.
3.) The problems with the play calling where because of Haley and not Hue this season.
4.) Andy and the offense were elite when Hue was offensive Coordinator in 2015. If the QB and play caller is the most important relationship in the organization then wouldn't make sense to have said play caller be the head coach?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 06:56 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: This is pretty funny:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/26/hue-jackson-coaching-bengals-browns

It would be easy to dismiss this Jackson report, but it should also be easy to dismiss Jackson, and ask the Browns how hard that is. Jackson has already been a head coach for the Browns and the Raiders—he just needs the Bengals and Lions to complete his Bad Franchise Bingo card.

Kinda funny how the Lions started life in Portsmouth, Ohio and they're the NFC's Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 04:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is a pretty generic reason to be mad at Hue (he left for a division rival). If it were something a little more personal, it'd be more of a red flag, but it's hard to take much out of that specific quote. I think it might be more telling how amped up the Browns were for this game...seemingly to get back at Hue. I doubt "going to the Bengals" was the main reason for all of them.

Tbh, I throw that Browns record out the window. I don't think Hue is a good coach by any means, but he's also not "3-36-1" bad.

A lot of that was the Browns tanking for picks. Hue did go 8-8 in his only season with the Raiders.

I could see a lot of 6-10 type seasons in our future if we hire Hue though. It won't be pretty, and I'm sure it'll last at least a decade, considering Mike's "patience".

Jackson will be a great addition as either an assistant HC or HC. Lazor will be in a peculiar position, but Jackson is exactly what Dalton, AJ and the rest of the offense needs.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 08:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Kinda funny how the Lions started life in Portsmouth, Ohio and they're the NFC's Bengals.

Personally, I'm still holding out hope for the Lions/Bengals Super Bowl.

No, seriously  Sad
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Someday the NFL should just stage a Browns-Lions Super Bowl just to get it over with.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 08:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I find it pretty funny that people don't like Hue
1.) Everyone that follows the NFL knows the Browns were tanking for more picks in the first two years Hue was there.
2.) The Browns were decent when Hue was the coach there this season. If the ball bounces the other way they would have three more wins at least under him.
3.) The problems with the play calling where because of Haley and not Hue this season.
4.) Andy and the offense were elite when Hue was offensive Coordinator in 2015. If the QB and play caller is the most important relationship in the organization then wouldn't make sense to have said play caller be the head coach?

I disagree with just about every point you made. That team wasn’t tanking. They were bad, very bad, but they weren’t “one win in two seasons” bad. Hue is quite easily the worst head coach in the history of the NFL. This isn’t even counting his mis-handling of the locker room.

The Bengals definitely need an offensive minded coach. That seems to be the direction the league is headed. However, that coach definitely needs to be someone other than Hue.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:23 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I disagree with just about every point you made. That team wasn’t tanking. They were bad, very bad, but they weren’t “one win in two seasons” bad. Hue is quite easily the worst head coach in the history of the NFL. This isn’t even counting his mis-handling of the locker room.

The Bengals definitely need an offensive minded coach. That seems to be the direction the league is headed. However, that coach definitely needs to be someone other than Hue.

Honestly if you don't understand they were tanking then you clearly we're not paying attention to what was going on at the time.
Also you say he mishandled the locker room how? Because he actually wanted to call plays over Haley who everyone admits was doing a bad job?
Also wasn't our best offense under Hue in 2015? 
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Honestly if you don't understand they were tanking then you clearly we're not paying attention to what was going on at the time.
Also you say he mishandled the locker room how? Because he actually wanted to call plays over Haley who everyone admits was doing a bad job?
Also wasn't our best offense under Hue in 2015? 

No one is saying he wasn’t a good OC here, doesn’t mean he’s not a terrible HC. Watch Hard Knocks. He came off as completely clueless, and in over his head, imo. I’ve watched that show for years and to me he was, at least on the surface, the worst HC I’ve seen. And that includes Jeff Fisher and Marvin.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Someday the NFL should just stage a Browns-Lions Super Bowl just to get it over with.

Haha

They should stage a Consolation Bowl for all the perennial losers. And even do the wannabe playoffs.

They all get participation trophies but the winner of the Consolation Bowl's is a wee bit bigger.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No one is saying he wasn’t a good OC here, doesn’t mean he’s not a terrible HC. Watch Hard Knocks. He came off as completely clueless, and in over his head, imo. I’ve watched that show for years and to me he was, at least on the surface, the worst HC I’ve seen. And that includes Jeff Fisher and Marvin.
Yes because reality TV is so truthful. What next you're going to tell me orange howswives is how all women live?
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yes because reality TV is so truthful. What next you're going to tell me orange howswives is how all women live?

You’re ridiculous. You can’t hide ineptitude. And Hue showed it. If you think Hard Knocks purposelessly made him look worse than he actually is idk what to even say to that. All they do is follow the players and coaches around with cameras. It’s not scripted in any way.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re ridiculous. You can’t hide ineptitude. And Hue showed it. If you think Hard Knocks purposelessly made him look worse than he actually is idk what to even say to that. All they do is follow the players and coaches around with cameras. It’s not scripted in any way.

I didn't see hard knocks but I don't have to. Hue is about as far away from HC material as one can get. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re ridiculous. You can’t hide ineptitude. And Hue showed it. If you think Hard Knocks purposelessly made him look worse than he actually is idk what to even say to that. All they do is follow the players and coaches around with cameras. It’s not scripted in any way.

Is McVay a good HC?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:54 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Is McVay a good HC?

Sure seems like it. Never seen him as a HC on Hard Knocks though so I’m not sure why you’re asking.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sure seems like it. Never seen him as a HC on Hard Knocks though so I’m not sure why you’re asking.

Because he is not the HC of the Rams.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:09 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Because he is not the HC of the Rams.

You’ve completely lost me...

Reply/Quote