Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Hue could be the new head coach by next year
I read an interesting article on the Hue/Haley dynamic this morning.  It seems that it was Haley who wanted to run a conservative offense, while Jackson wanted to adapt the offense to the strengths of Baker Mayfield.  I found this quote quite the eye opener:

Quote:CBS announcer Ian Eagle joined “The Rich Eisen Show” for an interview on Wednesday and talked about a meeting he and his broadcasting partner Dan Fouts had with Jackson the week of the Steelers/Browns game they called. According to Eagle, Fouts asked Jackson why the Browns weren’t running an offense more similar to what Mayfield used in college at Oklahoma. Oddly, Jackson said “Yeah, great question. I agree.”

I'm assuming this is what led to the riff between the two of them.....and in typical Browns "no one is safe from the tires of the bus" fashion, it appears that Freddie Kitchens is taking credit for what was Jackson's idea all along.  Damn, talk about dysfunction!  I guess the moral of the story is.....as HC, Hue should have just fired Haley and did his thing.  Although, it probably wouldn't have sat well with Dorsey.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/hue-jackson-answer-baker-mayfield-usage/474734

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 10:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: I read an interesting article on the Hue/Haley dynamic this morning.  It seems that it was Haley who wanted to run a conservative offense, while Jackson wanted to adapt the offense to the strengths of Baker Mayfield.  I found this quote quite the eye opener:

I'm assuming this is what led to the riff between the two of them.....and in typical Browns "no one is safe from the tires of the bus" fashion, it appears that Freddie Kitchens is taking credit for what was Jackson's idea all along.  Damn, talk about dysfunction!  I guess the moral of the story is.....as HC, Hue should have just fired Haley and did his thing.  Although, it probably wouldn't have sat well with Dorsey.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/hue-jackson-answer-baker-mayfield-usage/474734

From an article by Mike Rosenberg of Sports Illustrated:

Picture, for a moment, the press conference where the Bengals announce that Lewis is stepping down … and they are replacing him with Jackson. I can see the poor intern handing out the press release now:

BENGALS HIRE HUE JACKSON AS HEAD COACH

Season-ticket refund deadline has passed

Then Jackson would promise that if the Bengals don’t win a playoff game, he will jump in the lake, and some reporter would say, “Hue, do you realize we’re not even on a lake?” And then Jackson would burn his first timeout.

I don’t know how we would celebrate this. Maybe we could hold a parade in downtown Cincinnati: everybody walks backward into a parking meter, then blames Todd Haley.

When I read this, it made me laugh...but it was a cynical laugh because I know it's a real possibility. I don't know how much Haley is to blame. He did have issues with another QB in Pittsburgh. The bottom line is that Hue was the head coach and it's his responsibility to make changes or find solutions if things aren't working. 

I've said it a few times before...I just don't like Hue. IMO, he's an egotistical blowhard who's always been about himself. Whatever
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't hate the idea of him taking over as OC...

...But please not head coach...
Reply/Quote
Is Hue at least better at time management??? That would be a HUEj improvement. ha!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 12:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: From an article by Mike Rosenberg of Sports Illustrated:

Picture, for a moment, the press conference where the Bengals announce that Lewis is stepping down … and they are replacing him with Jackson. I can see the poor intern handing out the press release now:

BENGALS HIRE HUE JACKSON AS HEAD COACH

Season-ticket refund deadline has passed

Then Jackson would promise that if the Bengals don’t win a playoff game, he will jump in the lake, and some reporter would say, “Hue, do you realize we’re not even on a lake?” And then Jackson would burn his first timeout.

I don’t know how we would celebrate this. Maybe we could hold a parade in downtown Cincinnati: everybody walks backward into a parking meter, then blames Todd Haley.

When I read this, it made me laugh...but it was a cynical laugh because I know it's a real possibility. I don't know how much Haley is to blame. He did have issues with another QB in Pittsburgh. The bottom line is that Hue was the head coach and it's his responsibility to make changes or find solutions if things aren't working. 

I've said it a few times before...I just don't like Hue. IMO, he's an egotistical blowhard who's always been about himself. Whatever

Oh, I agree.....I'm certainly not advocating for him as HC here, just thought it was an interesting insight.  Haley has always had a reputation for being difficult to deal with, but, as you say and I said, he's the HC.  He should have defused the situation, or outright fired him.  Having said that, it seems that Jackson was right about how to handle Mayfield, and maybe Baker should study up on this and rethink his position.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 10:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: I read an interesting article on the Hue/Haley dynamic this morning.  It seems that it was Haley who wanted to run a conservative offense, while Jackson wanted to adapt the offense to the strengths of Baker Mayfield.  I found this quote quite the eye opener:

Hue was toast in Cleveland when their FO sabotaged the McCarron trade.  He was a dead man walking ever since.

I think people are getting more worked up about this than they should have.  Marvin was the one pushing for the succession plan, not Mikey.  In fact, Marvin tried to get Brown to put in writing that Hue would take over for him, and Mikey refused.  Then Hue took the Browns job.

https://steelersdepot.com/2016/04/succession-plan-proposed-hue-jackson-cincinnati/
Reply/Quote
There's a part of me that believes with all the stink being raised in the press and by the fans that there's no way MB makes Hugh a HC. Although he is ignorant, he loves money. The empty seats and the fact that the Bengals are the laughing stock of the NFL should make him think twice. If he does anyway because he get's revenue sharing from other teams, then, well, he's no better than someone who milks the welfare system with no intention of getting better. Wait... That's Mike Brown to a "T"

Reply/Quote
Lol If Hue Jackson becomes coach next year I will finally give up and find a new team. Hue has the worst head coaching record in NFL history over his two stints.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is possibly gonna hire the guy who went like 1-31 with the Browns? Ugh, would actually be a step down from Marvin.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 02:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: The recent hiring of Jackson is being viewed as a potential succession plan by several other owners and general managers who are preparing for their own coaching searches.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/11/25/18111115/hue-jackson-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lewis-nfl-rumors

Typical Mike Brown! If and when this does happen I’m officially turning in my fandom I’ve had enough of this piece of garbage owner

Please stop.

Need new blood, this is just another retread and with a guy that was historically the worst coach maybe ever in his
time with the stains. He won like what? 1 or 2 games as a Head Coach in 3 years? We need to bring in someone new
to get rid of this stench.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 03:07 PM)Okeana Wrote: Lol If Hue Jackson becomes coach next year I will finally give up and find a new team.  Hue has the worst head coaching record in NFL history over his two stints.

I partially agree with you on this. I won't give up on the team colors, but I refuse to root for a losing coaching staff and management. They are just too toxic. I will root for another team plus my weekly "whoever vs. Steelers" team until everything touched by Mike and Marv is gone.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson has a losing record as head coach that’s even worse than Dave Shula.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 06:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Hue Jackson has a losing record as head coach that’s even worse than Dave Shula.

At least he knows how to work a headset.  So there's that...

Dave Shula:
In a longer post, Anderson, who played for the Bengals from 1996-2007, called those "the lost years," and said that Dave Shula, who was the coach at the beginning of Anderson's rookie season but was fired after a 1-6 start, didn't even wear a headset.

Marvin Lewis:
“Poor Hardy [Nickerson] had it tough early on, no doubt. He’s standing there looking at me, and I’m pushing the wrong button. After the first drive, it kind of settled down a little bit. But there were a couple of times, even with the timeouts, he’s looking at me, and I’m wondering why he’s looking at me.”
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 06:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Hue Jackson has a losing record as head coach that’s even worse than Dave Shula.

Among NFL coaches that have coached at least 40 games, Hue has the second worst winning percentage of all time at .205.

The worst all time is former Eagles coach Bert Bell who had a .179 win % from 1936-41.  The kicker is, Bell was also the owner, and thusly couldn't be fired.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 04:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Please stop.

Need new blood, this is just another retread and with a guy that was historically the worst coach maybe ever in his
time with the stains. He won like what? 1 or 2 games as a Head Coach in 3 years? We need to bring in someone new
to get rid of this stench.

What you get from hiring a HC outside of the organization is a guy who can come in and shake up the practices and start to bring some processes in that worked elsewhere.

What you get when you hire inside is more of the same.

This team definitely needs a shakeup.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 08:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What you get from hiring a HC outside of the organization is a guy who can come in and shake up the practices and start to bring some processes in that worked elsewhere.

What you get when you hire inside is more of the same.

This team definitely needs a shakeup.

It depends.  A good hire from within has analyzed the weaknesses in the current system and can focus on fixing those while keeping the stuff that works.  Bad hires either don't make changes or make changes that make things worse.

I wouldn't have been opposed to promoting Zim or even Jay from within, but we have nobody on the current staff worthy of the job. I wouldn't hire Hue if I was AD for a MAC school.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 11:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: It depends.  A good hire from within has analyzed the weaknesses in the current system and can focus on fixing those while keeping the stuff that works.  Bad hires either don't make changes or make changes that make things worse.

I wouldn't have been opposed to promoting Zim or even Jay from within, but we have nobody on the current staff worthy of the job. I wouldn't hire Hue if I was AD for a MAC school.

Honestly I'd take Jay over Hue if that were the choice.

Jay as HC and Hue as OC wouldn't be the worst thing for this team.

We all know that Marvin and Mike are the problem here.  No mystery there.

Wouldn't it just be great if Marvin retired and Mike handed the reins over to Katie & others for good?

Sadly enough I feel like Mike handles the Bengals like shit shave shower...  it's just a normal day to meddle with the team.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Team needs to start over, no hue, no marvin - no Andy and no AJ. AJ needs to go somewhere else, by the time the Bengals are good again he will be old (he already is). Get AJ traded for multiple high 1st round picks.
Reply/Quote
I don't buy it. Who are Canfora's sources?

You could write an article stating that "BoomerFan could be the new head coach by next year". Technically it is true because you included the word "could".

Just an awful article with no quotes (I'm talking about the original article from Canfora) designed to get clicks.

Reply/Quote