Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Hue could be the new head coach by next year
From SI:

Mike Brown’s Loyalty Must Have Its Limits: I think I’m done picking on Hue Jackson—he did it to himself with that ridiculous farewell tour, but at this point it all seems gratuitous. However, if Brown is truly considering Hue Jackson as Marvin Lewis’s heir apparent, the league office has to intervene
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:47 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: From SI:

Mike Brown’s Loyalty Must Have Its Limits: I think I’m done picking on Hue Jackson—he did it to himself with that ridiculous farewell tour, but at this point it all seems gratuitous. However, if Brown is truly considering Hue Jackson as Marvin Lewis’s heir apparent, the league office has to intervene

Lol what’s the league supposed to do?

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears Baker Mayfield is no fan of Hue's

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/25/baker-mayfield-snubs-hue-jackson-for-hug-criticizes-hue-to-media/

Which may be the only hope Bengals fans who don't want Hue.

Not for Mayfield, exactly, but the locker room. I've heard some players speak well of Hue, but I don't recall any that pointed to Hue for their success, or the team's success. Head coaches usually wear a lot of hats, including player development and motivation. If Hue being 'just some guy asking us to play for him' is the way he operates, that may turn off the powers that be. Along with Hue blaming everybody but Hue on his way out of Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears Baker Mayfield is no fan of Hue's

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/25/baker-mayfield-snubs-hue-jackson-for-hug-criticizes-hue-to-media/

This is a pretty generic reason to be mad at Hue (he left for a division rival). If it were something a little more personal, it'd be more of a red flag, but it's hard to take much out of that specific quote. I think it might be more telling how amped up the Browns were for this game...seemingly to get back at Hue. I doubt "going to the Bengals" was the main reason for all of them.

(11-26-2018, 11:46 AM)GodFather Wrote: Speaking of Vegas odds, does Hue win more games in Cincy in the same time that he did in Cleveland? 

Tbh, I throw that Browns record out the window. I don't think Hue is a good coach by any means, but he's also not "3-36-1" bad.

A lot of that was the Browns tanking for picks. Hue did go 8-8 in his only season with the Raiders.

I could see a lot of 6-10 type seasons in our future if we hire Hue though. It won't be pretty, and I'm sure it'll last at least a decade, considering Mike's "patience".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If Mayfield is truly just mad at Hue for going to the Bengals, he needs to grow the hell up. Cleveland fired him, what's he supposed to do, go home and sit on the couch? No, in the grown up world, you take the job that is offered. If anyone has a right to be pissed about him coming to Cincinnati, it is Cincinnati... Mayfield is just showing his immaturity.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:47 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: From SI:

Intervene in what way?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 05:17 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Intervene in what way?

The reporter was being sarcastic. As in the league asking Mikey how he could possibly be that stupid

Reply/Quote
As fans we should have formed a human shield around the Bengal's stadium and offices to block Hue from entering when it was announced the Bengals were bringing him back. Now look what might be happening. Sad

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Did anyone see Hard Knocks this year Hue Jackson is Marvin 2.0, or worse!
Reply/Quote
Hue Jackson has his talents: He's a terrific wide receivers coach and an okey-dokey offensive coordinator. However, as a head coach, he's a steaming, oozing, sparking, smelly, and rancid toxic dumpster fire.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: As fans we should have formed a human shield around the Bengal's stadium and offices to block Hue from entering when it was announced the Bengals were bringing him back.  Now look what might be happening.  Sad

I knew it almost as soon as they fired Austin.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 12:12 AM)yippierb Wrote: Did anyone see Hard Knocks this year Hue Jackson is Marvin 2.0, or worse!

Way worse. Marvin actually seemed competent on Hard Knocks. Remember when he was chewing out the team in the locker room and Coles looked like he was going to piss himself? Players would laugh if Hue tried to do that.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Way worse. Marvin actually seemed competent on Hard Knocks. Remember when he was chewing out the team in the locker room and Coles looked like he was going to piss himself? Players would laugh if Hue tried to do that.

Looked to me like Cole's was biting his lip to keep from busting out laughing himself. He played for greatness, Bobby Bowden, he probably knew what a joke Merv is way back then. 

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:38 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Looked to me like Cole's was biting his lip to keep from busting out laughing himself. He played for greatness, Bobby Bowden, he probably knew what a joke Merv is way back then. 

Have to disagree with you there, Wyche. Coles looked legitimately scared to me.

https://youtu.be/knXuiqdvZ4E

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have to disagree with you there, Wyche. Coles looked legitimately scared to me.

https://youtu.be/knXuiqdvZ4E

Agree to disagree....in all seriousness, it looks like self reflection to me. But still.....I did have a legit point about greatness versus.....well......

LMAO

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 01:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: I knew it almost as soon as they fired Austin.

One of my best Bengal biddies texted me right after Hue got fired, I hadn't heard yet and said "Hue Jackson fired, watch he'll be back with us in no time" I texted back GTFOH

Then I thought about it for like two seconds and it dawned on me and I was oh #$%^ me !!!!!
Reply/Quote
Merv is a fine cheerleader he just cant coach beyond .500.

Reply/Quote
Leave it to Mike Brown to hire a proven loser.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
If this happens then I’m out. This would be the most incompetent move that the Brown family ever made for this team. Hue has shown nothing that he’s a good head coaching candidate. Two opportunities and he failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Something to NOT look forward to with Hue the Poo, even less discipline:

Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield snubbed former Browns head coach and current Bengals assistant Hue Jackson after the Browns beat the Bengals on Sunday and made it clear that he wasn’t happy about Jackson joining a division rival.

Mayfield’s numbers have improved since Jackson and former offensive coordinator Todd Haley were fired and other Browns found other areas of improvement under interim head coach Gregg Williams. Linebacker Joe Schobert said Williams has “done a good job of keeping everybody refocused” while defensive end Chris Smith pointed to Williams’ “no excuses” policy as something that’s benefitted the team.

For his part, Williams said teams “crave discipline” and he’s worked to make that a significant part of the picture for the Browns. Center J.C. Tretter agrees with that approach.

“It’s something that we desperately needed,” Tretter said, via Ohio.com. “I think he’s really reined everybody in and got everybody focused on one single goal. I think his leadership has been very strong. He fires up the team. He’s got that personality.The rules and what’s expected of each person on the team when it comes to penalties and missed assignments and all these little things, they’re spelled out for you. There’s no confusion about what’s going on.”

No one directly referenced Jackson the way that Mayfield did on Sunday, but it’s hard to see signs that Browns players are pining for the old days.

Reply/Quote