Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Report: Hue could be the new head coach by next year
(11-27-2018, 11:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’ve completely lost me...

Nicomo, Wade Phillips was the real HC of the Rams last year, and he still seems to be.

McVay wouldn't leave DC for an OC job, so the Rams brought him in with the HC title and pay. But his job is the offense.

But Phillips mostly, and Jim Fassel's kid functioned in the capacities of a HC.

If you watch their games, McVay is on the bench with the offensive unit when defense is on the field.

The point is that Jackson has true HC experience, both in an established Team (Raiders) and a full rebuild (Browns). In the worst case scenario, he can lead the offensive side, irrespective of the title.

We can debate his 8-8 record in Oakland and 3-36-1 record in Cleveland. But the guy knows offense and has true HC experience.

So I vote that we make a place for him in the future plans.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:26 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Nicomo, Wade Phillips was the real HC of the Rams last year, and he still seems to be.

McVay wouldn't leave DC for an OC job, so the Rams brought him in with the HC title and pay. But his job is the offense.

If you watch their games, McVay is on the bench with the offensive unit when defense is on the field.

The point is that Jackson has true HC experience, both in an established Team (Raiders) and a full rebuild (Browns). In the worst case scenario, he can lead the offensive side, irrespective of the title.

We can debate his 8-8 record in Oakland and 3-36-1 record in Cleveland. But the guy knows offense and has true HC experience.

Interesting take. I’d rather clean house, and not promote a guy that has been employed by the Bengals in multiple roles for so many years. I’m willing to miss out on Hue’s offensive genius (which I think is being overrated here) to do so. These players need a completely new a fresh voice at this point.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Interesting take. I’d rather clean house, and not promote a guy that has been employed by the Bengals in multiple roles for so many years. I’m willing to miss out on Hue’s offensive genius (which I think is being overrated here) to do so. These players need a completely new a fresh voice at this point.

lets see what happens. There is a risk with either approach.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Honestly if you don't understand they were tanking then you clearly we're not paying attention to what was going on at the time.
Also you say he mishandled the locker room how? Because he actually wanted to call plays over Haley who everyone admits was doing a bad job?
Also wasn't our best offense under Hue in 2015? 

Hue did such a good job tanking the team and getting those draft picks that they fired him for it. Makes total sense. He just continued the plans of the Browns organization since they came back in 1999. Lose, accumulate draft picks. Genius.

His handling of Kizer was atrocious. He publicly shifted all blame from him and put it on his players and ownership. Here is one example.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/brownswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/08/hue-jacksons-press-conference-a-finger-pointing-debacle/amp/

I said “I disagree with ALMOST every point you made.” I agree he was a good OC.
Reply/Quote
Let's not overlook the fact that Hue's "success" with the Browns came with a front office that spent money to get talent. Our does not. The Browns had a ton of cap space and draft choices. The Bengals don't. I don't want Hue as a HC. I don't mind him working within the organization, but not as a HC.
Reply/Quote
I think a Hue hire would piss off most of the fan base. When Marvin was re-signed the offseason, the team lost around 10,000 season ticket holders. Bringing him back after this season or hiring Hue would result in another massive exodus of season ticket holders. Mike Brown does notice empty seats and the rest of this season might be the roughest since 2002.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Hue really has issues the way he blames everyone but himself. People who do that are not winners and not honorable. His record as a HC speaks for itself regardless. He was a good OC, but the dude needs to figure out how to be a real leader, especially through adversity, that people actually want to follow before he will ever be a decent HC. He's very far from that. Head Case Hue may as well be his nickname. His blame tour after being fired by the Browns was pathetic. Its bad karma to bring that into our locker room.

We need to get the stink out of the locker room. It starts with Lewis and Jackson, followed by the rest. No question if they dont get rid of both Marvin and Hue after the season, I wont be wasting my time watching or looking forward to anything. I'll read the box scores and thats it.
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/11/28/18116455/nfl-odds-2018-hue-jackson-head-coach-bengals-2019

:paul:
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 02:23 PM)grampahol Wrote: Would I be considered a bad fan if I said I no longer give a damn who coaches the Cincinnati Dysfunctionals*? 

*Team's new and improved name 

Heres how I see this. Marvin will be the next DC,Hue will the the next HC with marv as an assistant to the HC,plus he will be the Main DC.Its going to happen,as I know things.If Marvin wants to be an assistant to Mike Brown with a title of GM along with Mike and Katy,so be it,he will be offered that.Hue is going to be our next Head Coach,and to me that is a good thing. We shall see. ThumbsUp :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 09:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: Agree to disagree....in all seriousness, it looks like self reflection to me. But still.....I did have a legit point about greatness versus.....well......

LMAO

Honestly, I always thought that was a "is this dude serious?" look out of Coles. 

(11-27-2018, 09:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Personally, I'm still holding out hope for the Lions/Bengals Super Bowl.

No, seriously  Sad

That'd tear my family apart. My Wife is a big Lions fan. Almost 60 years of playoff ineptitude between us.  Sick
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Going from Lewis to Jackson would be like going from diarrhea to hemorrhoids.
Reply/Quote
Lalala Lalala Lalala Lalala
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 08:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly, I always thought that was a "is this dude serious?" look out of Coles. 

That'd tear my family apart. My Wife is a big Lions fan. Almost 60 years of playoff ineptitude between us.  Sick

Wouldn't that be how it goes though? The Bengals and Lions would meet so one has to lose.
Reply/Quote
I don't really know if I can judge Hue as an OC.   Personally I did not like his style.  He was way too gimmicky.

And I can't help but wonder after many of the things Mayfield has said: that they finally have someone they can believe in calling the plays and the reference Mayfield said that things were said in the locker room.

I realize that Mayfield can be a polarizing person with apparent authority issues.  But his former coaches and players loved him and clearly love playing for him.

He's a complex character who clearly does not shy away from controversial behaviors, but I think he's a credible person, and his take on Hue gives me a bad feeling about the guy.    Mayfield has his issues, but so does Hue.   And the firings from both Oakland and Cleveland lend weight to Mayfield's take.

I think his recent hire was very problematic, and I don't want him as head coach.

At all. 

Read this article from Bengals Wire:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/baker-mayfield-takes-aim-at-hue-jackson-again/ar-BBQf6Qh

Also read this recent article by Jason Lloyd from The Athletic.  I could not copy the link but here's the title:

"'Good things are going to happen’: Everywhere he’s been, Baker Mayfield’s magnetism, talent have won the day"

By Jason Lloyd
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:17 PM)3wt Wrote: I don't really know if I can judge Hue as an OC.   Personally I did not like his style.  He was way too gimmicky.

And I can't help but wonder after many of the things Mayfield has said: that they finally have someone they can believe in calling the plays and the reference Mayfield said that things were said in the locker room.

I realize that Mayfield can be a polarizing person with apparent authority issues.  But his former coaches and players loved him and clearly love playing for him.

He's a complex character who clearly does not shy away from controversial behaviors, but I think he's a credible person, and his take on Hue gives me a bad feeling about the guy.    Mayfield has his issues, but so does Hue.   And the firings from both Oakland and Cleveland lend weight to Mayfield's take.

I think his recent hire was very problematic, and I don't want him as head coach.

At all. 

Read this recent article by Jason Lloyd from the Athletic.  I could not copy the link but here's the title:

"'Good things are going to happen’: Everywhere he’s been, Baker Mayfield’s magnetism, talent have won the day"

By Jason Lloyd

With all due respect, I've had about enough of the Baker Mayfield saga.  To me, he's a tool and, even moreso, the ***** enemy.  Can we stop all the greatness of Mayfield talk?  It is turning my stomach.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:22 PM)McC Wrote: With all due respect, I've had about enough of the Baker Mayfield saga.  To me, he's a tool and, even moreso, the ***** enemy.  Can we stop all the greatness of Mayfield talk?  It is turning my stomach.

Well the point here was more about not wanting Hue back not hero worshipping Mayfield.  I was just trying to establish that maybe he's not a total tool and shedding light on the fact that Hue may be more undesirable that we thought.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 03:12 PM)3wt Wrote: Well the point here was more about not wanting Hue back not hero worshipping Mayfield.  I was just trying to establish that maybe he's not a total tool and shedding light on the fact that Hue may be more undesirable that we thought.

As far as I'm concerned, it would be impossible for Hue to be any less desirable.  Him back is the last thing I want to see.

How shitty is it that hoping Marv goes means hoping Hue gets the job?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 10:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Haha

They should stage a Consolation Bowl for all the perennial losers. And even do the wannabe playoffs.

They all get participation trophies but the winner of the Consolation Bowl's is a wee bit bigger.

The 4 worst teams in the league get to play each other (1 vs 4, 2 vs 3) during the AFC/NFC Championship weekend (say on Saturday). The 2 winners get to go on to play each other in the Losers Bowl. The winner of the Losers Bowl gets the #1 pick in the NFL draft but they are also forced to wear a sticker on their helmets that says 20xx (the year) Losers. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 11:26 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Nicomo, Wade Phillips was the real HC of the Rams last year, and he still seems to be.

[Image: Jontron.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 03:17 PM)McC Wrote: As far as I'm concerned, it would be impossible for Hue to be any less desirable.  Him back is the last thing I want to see.

How shitty is it that hoping Marv goes means hoping Hue gets the job?

Agreed.  And that is the probability.
Reply/Quote