Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports are Bengals lose Whitworth, Zeitler, Kirkpatrick
(03-08-2017, 11:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm sure you would come back and eat crow if we lose all three? C'mon Stewy, you have to admit things don't look good.

This is the latest on Zeitler: http://nfltraderumors.co/lots-talk-kevin-zeitler-will-end-signing-jaguars/
This is the latest on DreKirk: http://nfltraderumors.co/steelers-titans-interested-free-agent-cb-dre-kirkpatrick/
This is the latest on Whit: http://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-andrew-whitworth-talks-regarding-new-deal-cin-wants-back-lt/

The Bengals have a sketchy-at-best history once players are allowed to hit the market. Just based on everything that's been said and printed, I think Zeitler is gone. I'm not sure about Kirkpatrick, but I have only heard rumors of serious interest from other teams. Whit is quoted saying he "wants to see what happens with Zeitler and Kirkpatrick".

So if we're unlikely to sign Zeit and Kirk...Whit is also most likely gone. We need to inject a lot more talent to get back to winning. Losing all 3 of these guys would send us spiraling further down.

I won't eat crow, because I never said ew wouldn't lose them.  EVERY year our best free agents get interest, and often this can be just testing the market.  If they want to leave they'll leave.  More often that not we offer very competitive contracts and our FA's leave for other reasons.  It's happened over and over.

However, it is laughable to get worried about teams TALKING to our FA's.  And getting angry, upset or emotional about it, will have no affect on the outcome whatsoever, so chill.  Seriously.  You'll give yourself an ulcer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 09:26 PM)Housh Wrote: And people really wonder why some people are against trading AJ McCarron. With this O line we may even need a 3rd good QB.

Romo just got released Mellow

If the OL isn't good enough for the QB with the 2nd quickest release time in the league, who is good at reading defenses pre-snap, how would McCarron ever make a difference? Slow on his feet, and holds onto the ball for forever.

If Dalton can't make it work, McCarron sure as heck won't. So why not trade him and use that pick you get to try and fix the problem instead?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Folks are silly this time of year. We have to wait to see the numbers to determine if LaFell is a good signing, but letting Z, Dre, or Whit walk can be classified as stupid without seeing the numbers.

Chances of re-signing:

Whit- 90%

Dre- 50%

Z- 10%
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Browns fans really think they are getting Zeitler. "Overwhelmed" by Browns offer etc....

http://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/1241568/free-agency-chapter-2#Post1241568

Per reports. Making him highest paid guard ever in NFL history

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 10:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks are silly this time of year. We have to wait to see the numbers to determine if LaFell is a good signing, but letting Z, Dre, or Whit walk can be classified as stupid without seeing the numbers.

Chances of re-signing:

Whit- 90%

Dre- 50%

Z- 10%

Kenny Stills got 4 years and 32 million with 20 million guaranteed.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2691262-kenny-stills-reportedly-re-signs-with-dolphins-on-4-year-contract
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 10:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Browns fans really think they are getting Zeitler. "Overwhelmed" by Browns offer  etc....

http://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/1241568/free-agency-chapter-2#Post1241568

Funny...they took Steinbach from us too. The parallels from 10 years ago continue.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 10:22 PM)Stewy Wrote: I won't eat crow, because I never said ew wouldn't lose them.  EVERY year our best free agents get interest, and often this can be just testing the market.  If they want to leave they'll leave.  More often that not we offer very competitive contracts and our FA's leave for other reasons.  It's happened over and over.

However, it is laughable to get worried about teams TALKING to our FA's.  And getting angry, upset or emotional about it, will have no affect on the outcome whatsoever, so chill.  Seriously.  You'll give yourself an ulcer.

I am chill. Just observing and talking about what I've seen cuz message board.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Why does it seem like we go through this shit every year?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 11:00 PM)pulses Wrote: Kenny Stills got 4 years and 32 million with 20 million guaranteed.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2691262-kenny-stills-reportedly-re-signs-with-dolphins-on-4-year-contract

That's crazy. Dude has over 800 yards only once in his career and never a 1000 season. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The Bengals won 6 games last year with "the big 3". I really don't care who stays and who goes. Change can be a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:27 AM)Beaker Wrote: The Bengals won 6 games last year with "the big 3". I really don't care who stays and who goes. Change can be a good thing.

Yup....too bad it isn't the FO and coaching staff....whre the change NEEDS to occur.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 10:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Browns fans really think they are getting Zeitler. "Overwhelmed" by Browns offer  etc....

Best line in there from one of the posters:

"Lot of cash being thrown at guys right now .. clearly guys being overpaid. 

The problem is, even when we want to overpay we can't. We're literally the ugliest girl at the dance."

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 11:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Funny...they took Steinbach from us too. The parallels from 10 years ago continue.

It's insane how 2 teams have $100+ million in cap space.
Reply/Quote
Why is everyone getting so butt hurt over losing these guys? They didn't have a great year for us. Whit is getting old and not with that much or that many years. Dre is average and KZ is not much better
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:45 PM)BengalBo Wrote: Why is everyone getting so butt hurt over losing these guys? They didn't have a great year for us. Whit is getting old and not with that much or that many years. Dre is average and KZ is not much better

Maybe so, but their replacements aren't in there level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:47 PM)Sigfox77 Wrote: Maybe so, but their replacements aren't in there level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But we can draft and sign guys just as good or better than them.. Fsns bitched all year about these guys being bad but then want to bring them back..
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 12:27 AM)Beaker Wrote: The Bengals won 6 games last year with "the big 3". I really don't care who stays and who goes. Change can be a good thing.

True, but they made the playoffs 5 years in a row with them.  They weren't part of the problem, they should have been (at least Z and Dre) part of the solution.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:51 PM)BengalBo Wrote: But we can draft and sign guys just as good or better than them.. Fsns bitched all year about these guys being bad but then want to bring them back..

First of all we never bytch about Whitworth or Zeitler we bytch about the other three lineman being the problem
Whitworth is one of the best LT in the NFL and Zeitler has done nothing but gotten better every year and he's one of the best pass blocking OG in the league so now we have no one on the line who's able to block 
So now we slip back into the dark ages of the 90's as history repeats it's self as it did when we lost Stienbach!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:45 PM)BengalBo Wrote: Why is everyone getting so butt hurt over losing these guys? They didn't have a great year for us. Whit is getting old and not with that much or that many years. Dre is average and KZ is not much better

WTF are you talking about

Zeitler was the highest rated guard in FA, Whit is always above average and solid and Dre Kirkpatrick was the shining star of the secondary all year

Is this what were doing to get over how much this FO sucks now? Straight lying to ourselves that players who left actually sucked even tho all were very good?

Whats next?

AJ GReen walks and you come here saying he was never that good?

GTFOH
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:47 PM)The_WiseOne Wrote: First of all we never bytch about Whitworth or Zeitler we bytch about the other three lineman being the problem
Whitworth is one of the best LT in the NFL and Zeitler has done nothing but gotten better every year and he's one of the best pass blocking OG in the league so now we have no one on the line who's able to block 
So now we slip back into the dark ages of the 90's as history repeats it's self as it did when we lost Stienbach!

KZ is a terrible run blocker , Bad move by whoever gives him that much. Whit is too old for 3 year deal .. cmon man
Reply/Quote