Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross Out For Week 1 & 2
Is anyone actually surprised?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/05/report-john-ross-expected-to-miss-first-two-bengals-games/
Quote:Bengals first-round pick John Ross avoided a season-ending knee injury when he went down during the team’s final preseason game, but it still looks like the rookie wide receiver is going to have a delayed start to his first NFL season.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Ross is expected to miss this week’s season opener against the Ravens as well as their Week Two matchup with the Texans. That game will be played on Thursday night, so the short week isn’t doing Ross any favors when it comes to getting back in action.

Ross would then have 10 days to get ready for a Week Three trip to Green Bay that could mark his first regular season action.

Even if Ross does get back at that point, his extended absence in the spring and summer while recovering from shoulder surgery leaves him with some catching up to do and, perhaps, lowered expectations for what he’ll be able to provide the offense this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 10:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is anyone actually surprised?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/05/report-john-ross-expected-to-miss-first-two-bengals-games/

That is such strange wording for them to use.  What am I missing here?  Why are they alluding to some season-ending possible injury?  There was never any mention of this being serious, he ran off on his own, and there are tons of knee tweeks, sprains and strains that happen to a myriad of players.  These are never referred to as ' avoiding season-ending '

"Bengals first-round pick John Ross avoided a season-ending knee injury when he went down during the team’s final preseason game, but it still looks like the rookie wide receiver is going to have a delayed start to his first NFL season."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 10:41 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: That is such strange wording for them to use.  What am I missing here?  Why are they alluding to some season-ending possible injury?  There was never any mention of this being serious, he ran off on his own, and there are tons of knee tweeks, sprains and strains that happen to a myriad of players.  These are never referred to as  ' avoiding season-ending '

"Bengals first-round pick John Ross avoided a season-ending knee injury when he went down during the team’s final preseason game, but it still looks like the rookie wide receiver is going to have a delayed start to his first NFL season."

Because preseason knee injuries rarely have good news associated with them, especially of late.

When I read the article earlier today, it read to me that he would have had a shot to practice all week 2 if we weren't on a short week...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 10:58 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Because preseason knee injuries rarely have good news associated with them, especially of late.

When I read the article earlier today, it read to me that he would have had a shot to practice all week 2 if we weren't on a short week...

They said a few hours after the game that it was minor, right?
Reply/Quote
We should beat both of those teams without him.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We should beat both of those teams without him.

In the last decade,  we are 1 and 6 vs the Texans 
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna got out on a limb here and say he doesn't even play week 3 due to unforeseen setbacks. Would not be the least bit surprised. Get healthy soon Ross.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:23 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: In the last decade,  we are 1 and 6 vs the Texans 

Is that including the 0-2 in the postseason?

Because I know they're an absolutely mind boggling 0-3 against TJ Yates.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is that including the 0-2 in the postseason?

Because I know they're an absolutely mind boggling 0-3 against TJ Yates.

Yeah, both playoff flops included there. 

So, 1 and 4 in the regular season

0 and 2 in the postseason
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:23 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: In the last decade,  we are 1 and 6 vs the Texans 

So we're going to be 1 and 7 against them because John Ross MIGHT be out?  The same John Ross you've been touting as a worthless pick?  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

Yeah I know. I just don't see it happening this go around.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 10:41 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: That is such strange wording for them to use.  What am I missing here?  Why are they alluding to some season-ending possible injury?  There was never any mention of this being serious, he ran off on his own, and there are tons of knee tweeks, sprains and strains that happen to a myriad of players.  These are never referred to as  ' avoiding season-ending '

Probably one part due to the guy's injury history with his knees mixed with the Bengals' medical staff and their crack ability to say a guy is out for a few weeks or it is minor (Eifert) and then the guy misses the year.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:51 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So we're going to be 1 and 7 against them because John Ross MIGHT be out?  The same John Ross you've been touting as a worthless pick?  

I think if we had drafted a 1st round pick that could actually play as a rookie, and contribute in NFL games, then yeah, we may have a better chance of winning games. 

This is a concept that seems foreign to some 
Reply/Quote
I will be pleasantly surprised if he ever has a healthy season playing in all 16 games. Not shocked, just pleasantly surprised.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:54 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: I think if we had drafted a 1st round pick that could actually play as a rookie, and contribute in NFL games, then yeah, we may have a better chance of winning games. 

This is a concept that seems foreign to some 

Okay Sparky.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:56 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Okay Sparky.   ThumbsUp

Solid contribution, per your usual 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I will be pleasantly surprised if he ever has a healthy season playing in all 16 games. Not shocked, just pleasantly surprised.

I'm with you, this guy looks like Percy Harvin 2.0

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2017, 12:03 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm with you, this guy looks like Percy Harvin 2.0

His surgery history includes meniscus and micro fracture surgery on his right knee in January of 2015,  ACL surgery on his left knee in April of 2015, and the shoulder surgery in January.   He then played 10 snaps in the NFL Pre Season, was involved in 4 plays, and hurt his knee again, last week. 

He has torn his Meniscus
Torn his ACL
Micro fracture knee surgery
And had shoulder surgery  - All of this in college 

And we took him #9.  Good lord.  
Reply/Quote
Before I say this I'm in no way wishing injury to any player that goes for any team.

How many people here actually think we will make it through both Pitt games with Ross and Mixon healthy? I know it sounds bad but I bet a lot of you are thinking it. We have been portrayed as the dirty team after decades of Pitt being the poster child of the NFL for dirty play. I can see Ross and Mixon getting cheap shots the whole game. Cause that's just what they do.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2017, 11:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We should beat both of those teams without him.

Houston's already game planning against us, they're planning on starting TJ Yates.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote