Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Round 5 is Tycen Anderson-Safety
(04-30-2022, 05:26 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Landry maybe not but Fuller should not cost too much.

Fuller is trash. F'k'n no.  Watched him break every year and drop key passes for 4 years here in Houston.  Fuller is throwing money away.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:15 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: You are right on that, that one slipped my mind. 

Be nice to grab a free agent on a one year deal for that role, maybe Will Fuller, Jarvis Landry or Emmanuel Sanders. Hell maybe even Cole Beasley or Adam Humphries, although I know Beasley brings some controversy. 

If you can sell one that they will get snaps. I think that trying to fix everything is impossible in the NFL today. The Ravens have killed it in the draft. Killed it but they still have issues. Everybody has weak spots. Criticism of adding a quality corner to compete with Apple (Taylor_Britt)? Adding a safety (Hill) to ready for next year and severely help as the backup immediately at 3 spots? Drafting a versatile DT to help depth w/o Ogunjobi(Carter) ? Volson? He’s really strong and versatile. The OL has sucked. Who is left in the OL after the starters has been a huge disappointment. Anderson? He’s got a role expected as a linebacker in the dime and special teams. He’s fast as hell for I’d expect ending up at 225-230. To me they have drafted with specific purpose.

I get the depth at WR and TE but how much will they play?
Reply/Quote
We should just draft safetys the rest of the way at this point....
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Fuller was like 10M per the last couple years, maybe he takes a discount? 

and what did he do exactly? Dudes made of glass and the NFL has to acknowledge that at some point in his contract.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I doubt he will ever be a deep defender starter in the league. If he has truly bulked up to 220 to play Will or the flat, TE's etc this makes much more sense.  There really is no coaching deep defense, you either have the hips and reaction or you dont.

Why would they even expect him to play that role?  Didn't they just draft Dax Hill to grow into that person?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Its pretty important as to how well a player defended passes thrown at him....

It’s an ESPN metric that is far from perfect for evaluation (look at Burrow’s QBR for example) Passer rating is better.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:19 PM)CardCounterChris Wrote: Honestly I'm pro Morgan getting a chance to step up in role.  I've seen more than enough Mike Thomas though...

Morgan is not a capable receiver.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I doubt he will ever be a deep defender starter in the league. If he has truly bulked up to 220 to play Will or the flat, TE's etc this makes much more sense.  There really is no coaching deep defense, you either have the hips and reaction or you dont.

He doesn't need to be a deep defender starter.
Hill is the logical choice to be the center field FS.
CTB can also play some FS.

Anderson is going to be an in-the-box speedy SS, similar to Shawn Williams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 06:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Morgan is not a capable receiver.

Agreed.
They really have no one to adequately back up Chase and Higgins.
Trent Taylor can back up Boyd in the slot ok.
Morgan and Thomas are pure ST guys.

Bengals gotta get another outside WR in case Higgins or Chase gets hurt.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 06:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why would they even expect him to play that role?  Didn't they just draft Dax Hill to grow into that person?

I would think so, especially if he is over 220 pounds now.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 05:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Look past the yards and the number of receptions... 114 QBR

Is that the college QB efficiency rating?

114 would be bad in the NFL, 114 in college would be shut down.  Top QBs in college have ratings over 180.  114 is not good.
Reply/Quote
What did you like about Tycen Anderson that made you want to draft him?
Lou Aranumo "He's another big measurables guy — height, weight, speed. It's the way he plays the game. He's smart and gives us the flexibility to do bunch of different things, so he was very intriguing to me. We did a great job going to get him."

This guy is physical and lightning fast. And very smart. But I don’t think some realize he’s going to be a situational player this year and special teams monster on every one of them.
Reply/Quote
I like loading up on dbs that can tackle, are fast, and can play special teams. We didn’t need starters in this draft, and had terrible draft position. We got some quality depth at defensive back. We got some players that have great potential as future starters and impact players.

My only complaint would be we didn’t get more help at DT and guard, but we were in the best position to take the players we took early as BPA. I’m satisfied. I didn’t view tight end or wideout as a need like most. I was thinking a wideout that can return kicks would be nice, but it probably would have been hard for him to make the team. Our second round pick has returned punts. A pass rusher is always nice, but we just didn’t have the draft position and corner was a bigger need anyway. There’s plenty of options remaining to fill out our roster. With our draft position we basically had no 1st round picks. Can’t expect much, yet we got a top 18 talent at the end of round 1.
Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard Tycen. You can never have enough speed at the back and they obviously had a plan for this draft. They’ve been bulk filling areas of late, good strategy imo.

Would’ve liked a WR4 here but there’s still time before the season yet I guess.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 06:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is that the college QB efficiency rating?

114 would be bad in the NFL, 114 in college would be shut down.  Top QBs in college have ratings over 180.  114 is not good.

I think what the bigger deal is, is that he keeps mentioning this random number without any link for proof/evidence.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I have zero problem with this fraft. I’m no guru, but looks like a great draft given our position.

You can’t teach speed, btw.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote

totally disagree, ive coached you can improve a players reaction and hips, many drills to do that, it is hard to improve speed especially once you reach college age..
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:15 PM)J24 Wrote: Patrick Chung was my comp on him. Two time captain ,Highly Athletic, with plus length at 33 inch arms. Lined up in slot, Box, LB, overhang,  and post safety. Also a monster on special teams.

Good Pick who can do multiple things.

Love the pick if he can be anything like Chung. Absolutely love Tycen's size, length and speed. Cannot teach these things.

Trey Flowers can teach him a few things as they are similar in size. Lou and the coaches must of really loved this guy to trade
up for him. Man, we are stacked in the Secondary now. No weaknesses if these guys pan out.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 07:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: totally disagree, ive coached you can improve a players reaction and hips, many drills to do that, it is hard to improve speed especially once you reach college age..

LOL, you have never coached NFL caliber players to defend NFL receivers.  There is a reason why CBs are so highly examined as to hip smoothness vs tightness, etc.  There is no time to teach this once they get to the league, in fact players lose this before they gain it as they get older.

Reply/Quote
Sort of confusing pick.Like when they selected Sample in round 2.Would have liked to have seen WR 4 here,or O-lineman.Seems every year so far in the draft,Zac has 1 pick that is just bizarre.
Reply/Quote