Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Rudy G. Says ‘BLM’ Is ‘Inherently Racist’
(07-13-2016, 11:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Those who are the children of immigrants from Africa or the islands do this too as they know their ancestral origins, but most kids cannot tell you. When we talked about race in the US in class, we asked kids where their family is from. This is anecdotal, but most white, Asian, or latino kids could tell you the nation their family came from a generation to many generation ago. For the black kids, they focused on which state as their defining origin. 

I show this map. Notice that most people in the South say their ethnicity is "American" where as outside of that, you see Irish, Italian, German, etc. 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg/2000px-Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg.png

I was getting at the part in bold in my post, must not have made it very clear. LOL

But yeah, I have definitely seen to what you are referring.

Edit: That map is interesting. Looking at the counties around me I find it interesting that the areas that were predominately Scotch-Irish are the dividing line between listing the European ancestry and "American."
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-13-2016, 08:00 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Never mind brother. We didn't share the same military experiences. I don't even know what you are trying to say. Neglecting duties? What??

I'm sure we have some similar experiences. My comments were directed toward times when we were tasked to conduct joint patrols with local LEOs and military/militia. Often times our brand of "policing" differed from theirs and those of the community. That's the relevance I draw to neglecting duty and just going along. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-13-2016, 01:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Then you've never been deployed. 

How about we just roll with the old rule:  attack the message, not the messenger?

I could swear I've read that before.

Are you done derailing the thread now?
(07-13-2016, 09:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: How often does a KKK or white pride rally talk about animal abuse or the environment?

They don't.

Because they have a specific agenda and are not talking about other things.

Then why should a Gay Pride parade talk about BLM?

Seriously the gymnastics....
(07-13-2016, 10:28 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The concept of being "white" was created to defend the beliefs of racial superiority. Before that, those who we consider "white" were grouped in communities that reflected what we would call ethnicity or nationality. Creating these "races" allowed proponents of a white supremacy to claim there was a science behind their beliefs. 

Black people in the United States have formed a black community because they were forced to be defined by their race for centuries. All previous identity they had was erased. Where as most white people can tell you the ethnicity of their ancestors, most black people cannot do that, so their culture became a "black culture" because that's all they had.

There is no white community outside of white supremacists circles. 

Yeah, but then why the concept of "black" to discuss the Black Lives Matter....

No such thing as race until it is time to blame the white man for the failures of non whites.
(07-13-2016, 12:49 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Oh ok....then I guess maybe you weren't out the gate much in a big fob or something so that's the biggest thing you had to worry about. 

(07-13-2016, 01:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How about we just roll with the old rule:  attack the message, not the messenger?

I could swear I've read that before.

Are you done derailing the thread now?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-13-2016, 01:53 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Then why should a Gay Pride parade talk about BLM?

Seriously the gymnastics....

They shouldn't.

And?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
[Image: Capture.jpg]

[Image: 6872532867_9de48b00c9_b.jpg]
(07-13-2016, 01:56 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Yeah, but then why the concept of "black" to discuss the Black Lives Matter....

No such thing as race until it is time to blame the white man for the failures of non whites.

Because, as I just stated, black culture is something that now exists in the United States. It is an identity forced on a people that they have had to make a culture out of.

Race is a social construct, but please stop pretending like it is only a thing people mention when attacking white people. You of all people who post here shouldn't say that. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-13-2016, 10:28 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The concept of being "white" was created to defend the beliefs of racial superiority. Before that, those who we consider "white" were grouped in communities that reflected what we would call ethnicity or nationality. Creating these "races" allowed proponents of a white supremacy to claim there was a science behind their beliefs. 

Black people in the United States have formed a black community because they were forced to be defined by their race for centuries. All previous identity they had was erased. Where as most white people can tell you the ethnicity of their ancestors, most black people cannot do that, so their culture became a "black culture" because that's all they had.

There is no white community outside of white supremacists circles. 

And as long as there are extreme examples like this:

[Image: image.jpg]

There will always be a fight.

But at least she has Jesus on her side....right?

(07-12-2016, 03:03 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: I know I am asking for a lot but here it goes....

When Dylan Roof killed those people in the church.  White people condemned his actions.  When Adam Lanza killed those children, no one mourned his death and felt sorry for him.  Same with Elliot Rodgers and no one feels sorry for James Holmes.  I could go on but the point is, when the bad people do bad things, no one feels sorry for those people.  Thus that is us holding them accountable.  We don't make excuses for them.  The most is "mental illness" and even then no one really cares if they were killed in the process or if they are locked up for life.  

Now when a black man is breaking the law and has an interaction with the police officer, if during the process he is killed, we have people already coming to the defense of the criminal.  They will claim racial profiling or that the initial crime was insignificant.  They think the police should use other methods of subduing the person and if there are 2 cops then it doesn't matter if the guy had a gun and was resisting arrest, the cop should not use deadly force. 

Basically the way law abiding black men can hold the law breakers accountable is by not feeling sorry for them and making them martyrs.  Mike Brown, Jamal Clark, Eric Garner and Alton Sterling don't deserve to be revered, they should be held in contempt. 

I have said that to lump some real victims with these faux victims is a disgrace and dishonor to the ones that should be mourned.  Tamir Rice, Philando Castille (though there is probably more to this story, but as of now to me it stands as unjustified), John Crawford III should not be lumped in with those mentioned above as they are true victims. 

Again, if the black community really wanted to save black lives, then they would stop glorifying violence and drugs and stop vilifying the police.  When someone like Mike Brown is killed due to attacking a police officer, instead of mourning him, they should just dismiss him as the criminal that he was.  Just like Adam Lanza isn't mourned.

(07-13-2016, 09:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Was your point that you think a black man having a broken taillight is as bad as a white man mass murdering people?

See this is why I find it humorous when you fail.  Of course to be fair you "stopped reading" which is what people do when they don't have the courage to face things they find unpleasant.

I currently have Philando Castille as a true victim and one that should spark outrage (however I still say wait for all the details).  Yet you seem to think that I am lumping him in with "mass murderers".

A criminal that is killed doing criminal activity, such as Mike Brown, should not be mourned or considered a loss, and it is demeaning to real victims like Tamir Rice.

Yet the black community, which shouldn't exist according to you (since race is a social construct and not real), lump Castille in with Sterling.  BLM look at Micah Johnson as a hero that was KIA. 

However, don't let this stop you from continuing to misrepresent the statement, when you have no argument, it is easier to use sophistry instead.
(07-13-2016, 02:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Because, as I just stated, black culture is something that now exists in the United States. It is an identity forced on a people that they have had to make a culture out of.

Race is a social construct, but please stop pretending like it is only a thing people mention when attacking white people. You of all people who post here shouldn't say that. 

Ummm... No it is not.  Your liberal conditioning is showing again.

Even if you choose to "not see color" doesn't mean the black man that is targeting whites people is color blind.

You refusing to acknowledge race doesn't mean the other people of other races have also refused to acknowledge race.

Maybe that is why it is important to travel and see the world, you get to see how other cultures view race.  
(07-13-2016, 03:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: And as long as there are extreme examples like this:

There will always be a fight.

But at least she has Jesus on her side....right?

Care to show the examples of the black twitter users praising Micah Johnson for his heroic actions?

Or is it just easier to pick when the white person does something you don't like?
(07-13-2016, 04:12 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Care to show the examples of the black twitter users praising Micah Johnson for his heroic actions?

Or is it just easier to pick when the white person does something you don't like?

Feel free.

I don't like this kind of hatred at all.

However in the context of why BLM is focused on black lives my example is on point.
(07-13-2016, 04:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Feel free.

I don't like this kind of hatred at all.

However in the context of why BLM is focused on black lives my example is on point.

Your example of why BLM is focused on black lives is because of a white person saying that blacks look like monkeys.

So by that logic we should have WLM to focus on white lives because of the black people that actually say "Kill all whites!"

I get that you don't like this kind of hatred but as I have said you not liking something doesn't mean it goes away.
(07-13-2016, 04:09 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Ummm... No it is not.  Your liberal conditioning is showing again.

Even if you choose to "not see color" doesn't mean the black man that is targeting whites people is color blind.

You refusing to acknowledge race doesn't mean the other people of other races have also refused to acknowledge race.

Maybe that is why it is important to travel and see the world, you get to see how other cultures view race.  

Race is a social construct. We are not different races, we created those. The fact that our skin color is biological doesn't make the concept of race scientific. A black person and white person who are both 5'10" share more in common genetically than two white people who are a foot different in height. 

Also, stating that race is a social construct doesn't mean I don't acknowledge it's existence. 

(07-13-2016, 04:04 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: See this is why I find it humorous when you fail.  Of course to be fair you "stopped reading" which is what people do when they don't have the courage to face things they find unpleasant.

I currently have Philando Castille as a true victim and one that should spark outrage (however I still say wait for all the details).  Yet you seem to think that I am lumping him in with "mass murderers".

A criminal that is killed doing criminal activity, such as Mike Brown, should not be mourned or considered a loss, and it is demeaning to real victims like Tamir Rice.

Yet the black community, which shouldn't exist according to you (since race is a social construct and not real), lump Castille in with Sterling.  BLM look at Micah Johnson as a hero that was KIA. 

However, don't let this stop you from continuing to misrepresent the statement, when you have no argument, it is easier to use sophistry instead.

I failed? I stopped reading your post when you compared a mass murderer to someone with a broken tail light. I made it clear that I didn't read a word beyond that. I don't care to know your views on race relations in the US. You're an admitted racist.

(07-13-2016, 04:34 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Your example of why BLM is focused on black lives is because of a white person saying that blacks look like monkeys.

So by that logic we should have WLM to focus on white lives because of the black people that actually say "Kill all whites!"

I get that you don't like this kind of hatred but as I have said you not liking something doesn't mean it goes away.

Those tweets are not examples for the need for BLM.  There are examples of the extreme views that lead to the fighting about the need for groups like BLM.

I've clearly stated that hatred is wrong.

That goes for both sides.

However one group being the minority and the other being the majority does affect the need for attention.
(07-13-2016, 04:12 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Care to show the examples of the black twitter users praising Micah Johnson for his heroic actions?

He was only posting tweets you retweeted. 

(07-13-2016, 04:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I failed? I stopped reading your post when you compared a mass murderer to someone with a broken tail light. I made it clear that I didn't read a word beyond that. I don't care to know your views on race relations in the US. You're an admitted racist.

You failed, because I NEVER compared a mass murderer to someone with a broken tail light.  YOU are the only one making that comparison.  Keep trying though.