Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor has it we're working on a deal to trade Burfict.
Wait, what? Talk about super random...I'm sorry if someone beats me to the punch on this...

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/14/17121294/report-bengals-working-vontaze-burfict-trade-raiders-nfl-news

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I dont have the link but Cincy Jungle posted it.
Reply/Quote
I saw that until we see more ill say its just speculation of writers since Gunther is in Oakland now.

(like we kinda thought Austin might try to bring someone with him)
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't like that. Maybe they know that another couple of hits to the noggin and he might be done?
Reply/Quote
Yeah, just saw that on Twitter.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
God, I hope not. I would only take a first rounder for him and, even then, that's a bad value in my opinion.

Of course, veterans seemingly go for way less than you'd think in trades nowadays so I doubt we'd even get a 2nd rounder for him.

Even more of a reason to definitely NOT do this...

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/14/17121294/report-bengals-working-vontaze-burfict-trade-raiders-nfl-news
Reply/Quote
Same. Twitter and CJ. I cannot get a confirmed source. Sounds a bit odd if we do end up doing this. The only positive I can think about is reducing cap space (just signed to a 3 year 38 million) but even then, I am not a fan of the defense without him. Seems odd.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
God, I hope not. I would only take a first rounder for him and, even then, that's a bad value in my opinion.

Of course, veterans seemingly go for way less than you'd think in trades nowadays so I doubt we'd even get a 2nd rounder for him.

Reply/Quote
Wow. This is a legit rumor, coming from a CBS reporter. Yikes.

If so, we'd better get MAJOR compensation.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
WTF? Better get some hell of value, guy is the passion on our Defense.

I understand that he could not be in the league long but still, he is our best Defensive player besides Geno and if we lose him
our LB core is extremely bare. My favorite Linebacker. Sad
Reply/Quote
they need to create ~10M of roller cap space to never use.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe get their spot in Rd 1 and get someone like Nelson or even Edmunds but that might be to high for him....If true of course
Reply/Quote
I can't see this happening. If there was one player that you didn't want to leave! Although I think there is a large percentage of fans that don't like him. There is a problem if he can't stay on the field though, it seemed like last year he had trouble knowing how to play hard and clean.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 04:53 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: God, I hope not. I would only take a first rounder for him and, even then, that's a bad value in my opinion.

(03-14-2018, 04:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wow. This is a legit rumor, coming from a CBS reporter. Yikes.

If so, we'd better get MAJOR compensation.

Exactly, i understand that he is a suspension or concussion away from not playing but he is our Defense, without him we are not the same.

Please no, unless we get GREAT value... Sad
Reply/Quote
Wow, we'd really have a problem at Linebacker then. At 21 we'll probably get a good shot at one, but then we are stuck hoping the right center falls to us in round 2.
Reply/Quote
Our defense sucks without Burfict.

And I can't believe there would be many teams willing to give up a lot of value for a guy with so many concussions and so many suspensions.
Reply/Quote
Is this to clear space for Atkins/Dunlap?

Do we really need to trade Burfict to afford those guys?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If we got their 1st round pick, I'd be happy, because we could pick his replacement. If not, I dunno.

edit: Maybe not though, we haven't been that great at drafting and developing linebackers over the years..
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 04:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our defense sucks without Burfict.

And I can't believe there would be many teams willing to give up a lot of value for a guy with so many concussions and so many suspensions.

Usually don't agree with you Fred but you are spot on here.

Don't do it please... Nervous
Reply/Quote
No.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote