Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
STORM THE FIELD in protest.
(11-10-2019, 07:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think a calling for Zero attendance would be a jarring blow. Even though Mike won't care because of revenue sharing, the NFL will take an extreme notice.

The stands could be completely empty and the NFL isn't going to do squat.

It's a bad optic, but it's a bad optic for the Bengals, not the NFL or the other owners.

It's a competitive league run by the owners.  One weak owner just makes it easier on the other 31 owners.  Why would any other owner want the Bengals to be more competitive?

It's a joke to think that a league that let the zebras put the screws to the Bengals during the '15 WC game will turn around and force the Bengals to make changes based on the fact that they haven't won a playoff game in forever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 07:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indifference is the best way to respond to the Bengals.

Protests like storming the field show you care an extreme amount...and they'll arrest you. Indifference and not going to games speak way louder than words.

This team could be 0-16 for 10 years in a row and people will still go to games and think that next year is the year.

Look at the season predictions on this board and see how many people were saying 10-6....  next year the same will think the draft and offseason pickup will also produce a playoff team. Happens every year..  
Reply/Quote
This team is gone when the lease expires. Kiss em goodbye
Reply/Quote
who dead
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: Look at the season predictions on this board and see how many people were saying 10-6....  next year the same will think the draft and offseason pickup will also produce a playoff team. Happens every year..  

Think I said 6-10, and even that sounds like the rantings of a delusional homer at this point.  

[Image: 4319020.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: And then what? It would have absolutely no affect on the people that run this franchise.

And you know this, how, exactly?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:31 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: This team is gone when the lease expires.  Kiss em goodbye

I never though I'd say this, but I will CHEER their departure!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:36 PM)Tomkat Wrote: And you know this, how, exactly?

IDK brother, maybe the last 3 decades? Have you ever heard or read any of Mike's responses to fan outrage? He chuckles at it, calls the fan base "judgmental" and tells them to "have at it" when it comes to criticism. Negativity doesn't phase him in the least...and listening to Troy's comments in the offseason about criticism, I doubt it bothers him or Katie much either. 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:31 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: This team is gone when the lease expires. Kiss em goodbye

That’s the real annoying part. There are no repercussions for creating this disaster. They’ll just move on to another city that thinks it will be different.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
As to the other stuff, it will make zero difference. Fans have been concocting schemes since sports began. They never happen and nobody would care anyway.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That’s the real annoying part. There are no repercussions for creating this disaster. They’ll just move on to another city that thinks it will be different.

What city would a actually welcome this ownership?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 06:58 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Everyone could just stop going.  Pick one game to boycott and spread the word.  Preferably a team far away so few visiting fans.

Jets game would work.  Nobody coming to see the Jets

Unfortunately, you could never get most people who have already paid for tickets to not come to the game. That would be an attention grabber though. A coordinated effort to skip one single game in protest of the current management. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:11 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: What city would a actually welcome this ownership?

Not to mention relocating an NFL franchise is a pretty big ordeal that takes years and negotiations and approvals and voting and so on...I just don't see how an owner and his family who are too lazy to trade Tyler Eifert or Dalton are going to pull that off.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 07:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think a calling for Zero attendance would be a jarring blow. Even though Mike won't care because of revenue sharing, the NFL will take an extreme notice.

True on profit sharing, but low attendance does hit them in the pocket on missed gameday revenue. 

Still, too many fans that will go simply because they've already paid for tickets and too many "die hard" fans that support the team because they haven't yet realized that the owner of the team couldn't give two shits about them and expects their support in whatever he does. 

If a fan was truly die hard, they would realize that any support they give is more of a hindrance than help, allowing the team to believe they are doing things "the right way" and it will turn around soon enough, through luck or the law of large numbers--which somehow has evaded the Bengals for the better part of the last 3 decades. That is how exceptionally pathetic the Bengals are at their job; they've somehow beat the law of averages. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Mike is 84, I hate to be an asshole but it is just a waiting game. That is terrible to say... but it is the sad truth.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 07:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indifference is the best way to respond to the Bengals.

Protests like storming the field show you care an extreme amount...and they'll arrest you. Indifference and not going to games speak way louder than words.

This team could be 0-16 for 10 years in a row and people will still go to games and think that next year is the year.

Apathy speaks louder than action. 

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:39 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: No way.  I saw the game, well over half the seats were empty

That's "paid attendance" not acutal butts in seats. Though 70% paid, of total seats, is pretty pathetic in itself. 

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:23 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Mike is 84, I hate to be an asshole but it is just a waiting game. That is terrible to say... but it is the sad truth.

Trust me, that ***** could easily live 10 more years and be in his office every single day. He's not the retiring type. 

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 10:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IDK brother, maybe the last 3 decades? Have you ever heard or read any of Mike's responses to fan outrage? He chuckles at it, calls the fan base "judgmental" and tells them to "have at it" when it comes to criticism. Negativity doesn't phase him in the least...and listening to Troy's comments in the offseason about criticism, I doubt it bothers him or Katie much either. 

But.  Has a fanbase EVER stormed a field DURING a game and disrupted it, with a clear message of ownership as the target?  That would be SERIOUS egg on the face of Mike Brown.  He chuckles because we sit in the stands and at worst, boo.  The fans need to ESCALATE the level of criticism!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 11:35 PM)Tomkat Wrote: But.  Has a fanbase EVER stormed a field DURING a game and disrupted it, with a clear target of ownership as the target?  That would be SERIOUS egg on the face of Mike Brown.  He chuckles because we sit in the stands and at worst, boo.  The fans need to ESCALATE the level of criticism!

Mike Brown obviously loves the smell of eggs in the morning. 

Reply/Quote