Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Trenton Irwin Stick?
Just saw that they signed WR Trenton Irwin off the team’s practice squad and waived OT Isaiah Prince.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-roster-moves-trenton-irwin-signed-isaiah-prince-waived?fbclid=IwAR1v0JqLF2EkZznvfPfk2z5smtfiAM4EHRsOLYhwb7qdUBkTr32meFSLkuI
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 06:20 PM)Stang69428 Wrote: Just saw that they signed WR Trenton Irwin off the team’s practice squad and waived OT Isaiah Prince.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-roster-moves-trenton-irwin-signed-isaiah-prince-waived?fbclid=IwAR1v0JqLF2EkZznvfPfk2z5smtfiAM4EHRsOLYhwb7qdUBkTr32meFSLkuI

Thats awesome right there.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like TI stuck. ThumbsUp I'm not sure why it has taken so long for TI to make a roster, but the coaches see now that he comes up big in games with sure hands and is not afraid to take a hit after the catch.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 09:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Looks like TI stuck. ThumbsUp  I'm not sure why it has taken so long for TI to make a roster, but the coaches see now that he comes up big in games with sure hands and is not afraid to take a hit after the catch.

He'll have a good career here. Burrow likes him which means he'll get more looks than most 4-5 ranked receivers in the NFL. And he'll do it with a smile.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 06:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thats awesome right there.

Indeed

Perhaps they've finally moved on from Thomas?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 10:34 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Indeed

Perhaps they've finally moved on from Thomas?

I know they cut him and so far have not put him back on the roster, to my knowledge at least. We still have 2-3 players coming back from IR soon so it will become even harder to make room and keep guys. There's no reason to keep Thomas if we have to leave someone else off. 
Reply/Quote
Stick all the way. He is a beast in preseason. Showed in game. He just plays takes hits and is having a great time doing it. All??
Reply/Quote
As a WR5+, Irwin is ok.
I don't see him ever earning a good amount of offensive snaps.
Believe it or not, Irwin turns 27 years old in December. He's likely not developing much given his age.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We don't need him to develop. We just need him to play. He's money.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 06:20 PM)Stang69428 Wrote: Just saw that they signed WR Trenton Irwin off the team’s practice squad and waived OT Isaiah Prince.

Thanks, like Harley said, awesome. 

TI has become a good backup for us and everybody likes him clearly, especially Burrow. Rock On
Reply/Quote