Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shutdown!
(01-22-2018, 12:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: CHIP is in the new CR so that excuse is moot and just because POTUS rejects your wants is no reason to stop funding the government; especially while there is still plenty time before a deadline. 

I must say I'm surprised you and the usual suspects are looking to pin this on Trump when he has not been given any legislature to either sign or veto. 

OK, I'm not surprised you and the usual suspects are looking to pin this on Trump. 

It is, but it was still manufactured by the GOP.  Just becuase you like the bait they are using doesn't mean it was right.

From the time he rejected the bipartisan bill on DACA (that he asked for) this has been on him.

Even the GOP doesn't know what he wants.

When the POTUS has control of the house and senate he needs to be able to broker a deal.  Especially when he ran as the best negotiator ever.

Ya know, it's ALMOST like he has an inflated view of his own abilities and most people knew he was way out of his league as President.  Almost.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-22-2018, 12:06 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The dealmaker in chief worked his famed skills by not having any meetings at the White House all weekend. Hell, as Congress worked on Sunday, he didn't even leave the White House

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/21/politics/donald-trump-shutdown-negotiation/index.html?sr=fbCNNp012118donald-trump-shutdown-negotiation0600PMVODtop&CNNPolitics=fb

Must have ordered half a dozen big macs for lunch. Maybe a TV marathon?

C'mon!  He was hard at work!

[Image: trumpwhitehouse.jpg]

He even has his tie off!  He must be serious!

Look at all that paperwork....uh....

Does this not look like someone snuck in and tried to get a picture before security threw them out?

Cool
(01-22-2018, 12:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: C'mon!  He was hard at work!

[Image: trumpwhitehouse.jpg]

He even has his tie off!  He must be serious!

Look at all that paperwork....uh....

Does this not look like someone snuck in and tried to get a picture before security threw them out?

Cool

He puts the PR in President. At least it's not as bad as when he just brings fake papers or signs things that don't actually need to be signed, lol. This guy does nothing, and it's becoming increasingly obvious. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-22-2018, 12:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He puts the PR in President. At least it's not as bad as when he just brings fake papers or signs things that don't actually need to be signed, lol. This guy does nothing, and it's becoming increasingly obvious. 

You nailed it though:: PR.

He's a great mouthpiece.  Not a great worker.

Nothing we didn't know...but the rubes bought into him "working harder than anyone" to "help them".
(01-22-2018, 12:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: At the very least, when you're sending your alt right linked immigration advisor down to reject bipartisan DACA deals (at least according to Lindsey Graham) while running on the idea that you're this great deal maker, you may want to be actively involved in crafting a deal that you have to sign off on. We can reject his numerous comments from years ago when he said it's the President's job to stop a shut down and make a deal and that he could if he was President... but at the very least you should be involved, not hiding at home and tweeting.

Also, I took shots at his reported eating and TV habits, not his physical appearance. They're part of a greater pattern of him just not doing anything as President. He has spent every fifth day of his Presidency at a golf course and spends hours a day watching cable news. It's not a surprise to anyone paying attention that he isn't directly involved in any deal making. He's out of his league here.

Seems at the very least he could be available to sign any measure passed by Congress; however, he has went beyond this. He had a closed door meeting with Schumer just prior to the deadline in an attempt to stop it. Unfortunately, Schumer didn't get everything he wanted. Also there are reports that he's been talking to legislators. Once POTUS is given something in writing from Congress and he shoots it down; then this can be blamed on the POTUS.

2funny; you took shots at eating habits, not personal appearance.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-22-2018, 12:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems at the very least he could be available to sign any measure passed by Congress; however, he has went beyond this. He had a closed door meeting with Schumer just prior to the deadline in an attempt to stop it. Unfortunately, Schumer didn't get everything he wanted. Also there are reports that he's been talking to legislators. Once POTUS is given something in writing from Congress and he shoots it down; then this can be blamed on the POTUS.

Difference of opinion on governing style. I want hands on. Given past comments from him, I think this is to be expected. Philosophically, wanting a hands off President is an opinion I can respect, I just think in this case he doesn't get the pass. 

Quote:2funny; you took shots at eating habits, not personal appearance.  

Oh, boy, I thought we got past this. I guess completely in a void and out of context, this could be an interpretation of my comments, but given the fact that it wasn't in a void and my subsequent comments, I think we can avoid the snark. 

My job is related to national security, so I don't get any shutdown vacation. Ok, back to work...just figured everyone was dying to know what I was up to!
Trump is out of his depth here. He's uninformed on the finer points of policy and is unwillingly to educated himself because he doesn't think it matters. He doesn't believe it's his job to make a deal, just to be the guy who comes in at the end and says "Ok, everyone, let's agree to that deal". His ignorance has caused confusion in the whole process. He goes into meetings and agrees to things without realizing what it is only to then have to back off when one of his handlers tells him to not agree to it.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/politics/trump-policy-shutdown-analysis/index.html?CNNPolitics=fb

[Image: sHOSEgt.jpg]

(01-22-2018, 01:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump is out of his depth here. He's uninformed on the finer points of policy and is unwillingly to educated himself because he doesn't think it matters. He doesn't believe it's his job to make a deal, just to be the guy who comes in at the end and says "Ok, everyone, let's agree to that deal". His ignorance has caused confusion in the whole process. He goes into meetings and agrees to things without realizing what it is only to then have to back off when one of his handlers tells him to not agree to it.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/22/politics/trump-policy-shutdown-analysis/index.html?CNNPolitics=fb

Yes but he can identify a hippo and draw a clock.

Ninja

All seriousness aside we all knew this.  His "job" was to slap his name on things.  He had minions to do the work and to take the blame.

He's the dog who caught the car and now has no idea what to do so he just stands there and barks at it.
(01-22-2018, 01:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes but he can identify a hippo and draw a clock.

Ninja

All seriousness aside we all knew this.  His "job" was to slap his name on things.  He had minions to do the work and to take the blame.

He's the dog who caught the car and now has no idea what to do so he just stands there and barks at it.

It's funny when Huckabee Sanders comes out and her response to Democrats pointing out this back and forth and the fact that the White House is not clear on what it wants is "Well, they're not paying attention. Sometimes Schumer needs help getting through these big negotiations". 

LOL, we can watch it play out ourselves when Trump tweets contradicting statements multiple times a day. 

(01-22-2018, 01:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My job is related to national security, so I don't get any shutdown vacation.  Ok, back to work...just figured everyone was dying to know what I was up to!

I think we can go ahead and close the thread now.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I must say that I hate to see now folks talking about who "won". The answer is no one.

Who knew it was the Executive's Branch role to work out a federal budget. I learned something new today,

(01-22-2018, 02:03 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's funny when Huckabee Sanders comes out and her response to Democrats pointing out this back and forth and the fact that the White House is not clear on what it wants is "Well, they're not paying attention. Sometimes Schumer needs help getting through these big negotiations". 

LOL, we can watch it play out ourselves when Trump tweets contradicting statements multiple times a day. 

I just don't how someone (Sanders) sells their soul to lie like she does.

She must confess to her dad every day, multiple times a day.
(01-22-2018, 02:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knew it was the Executive's Branch role to work out a federal budget. I learned something new today,

Since the Executive Branch spends the money, it's customary for the President to submit a proposed budget. Much like most legislation, the President puts on his "Chief Legislator" hat and works with Congress as all legislation requires his approval, budgets included. This is literally a concept I teach every single year and is then assessed by the state of Maryland in our graduation requirement Government High School Assessment.

The Senate voted just now to begin debate on a bipartisan short term fix. McConnell and Schumer have agreed to push all immigration talk to next month.

(01-22-2018, 02:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Since the Executive Branch spends the money, it's customary for the President to submit a proposed budget. Much like most legislation, the President puts on his "Chief Legislator" hat and works with Congress as all legislation requires his approval, budgets included. This is literally a concept I teach every single year and is then assessed by the state of Maryland in our graduation requirement Government High School Assessment.

So you teach your class every single year that it's the Executive Branch's responsibility to work out a Federal Budget? Was Schumer one of your students? I always thought in was the job of the Legislative Branch to work out the Federal Budget. You learn something new everyday on here.  

(01-22-2018, 02:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The Senate voted just now to begin debate on a bipartisan short term fix. McConnell and Schumer have agreed to push all immigration talk to next month.

They did this without the President? Strange...

(01-22-2018, 02:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think we can go ahead and close the thread now.  

Hey!  For all you know you might have to respect me for doing what I do and/or watch out for people doing things to the flag in case it disrespects me!