Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Article on Palmer
(10-01-2015, 08:02 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I wouldn't call being a multi-millionaire NFL quarterback a "shitty job."

Money cant buy everything. Maybe Palmer wanted to be happy playing for a winning franchise, and ownership at the time was showing no signs of making that happen.

Money isn't everything.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 08:02 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I wouldn't call being a multi-millionaire NFL quarterback a "shitty job."

There are a literal plethora of former Bengals that just may beg to differ.....names like Dillon, Esiason, Spikes, Pickens, OchoJohnson, and yes.....Palmer.

There is no question things got shaken up in the hiearchy of this organization after this latest debacle involving Palmer. Maybe, just maybe, this was finally the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Sure....I didn't like it at the time, but looking back, I see what all has transpired in the grand scheme. He was a big part of delivering us from the abyss....and we have been a much better team and front office since 2010. We got some good players out of the deal, and Palmer is getting one last shot at redemption in the desert. Win win if you ask me.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think my problem is that although everything worked out for Cincinnati in the end (and hopefully the Raiders will continue to climb out of the hole they dug) that it had nothing to do with any actions by Palmer. 

The TEAM made great personnel choices.  Everyone expected that "first year without Palmer" Bengal team to go 0-16.  They didn't.  9-7 with a new OC and no OTAs was an amazing performance.  It had NOTHING to do with Palmer.  The players they received from Oakland in the trade was savvy business.  Palmer had nothing to do with it. 

Palmer could have ruined this team for a long time, but the team showed resolve.  The team improved.  And the team is better off without the guy that was pretty much average from 2007 until his departure.  It was always the lack of weapons.  It was always the lack of a running game.  It was always the defense.  It was NEVER put at the feet of the QB.  Dalton has enjoyed no such deflection of blame.  Yet, he has improved year over year and is currently the 2nd ranked QB in the NFL. 

Again, people will say I have "butthurt" or I need to move on, and that is fine.  But the guy tried to destroy this team and I will NEVER forgive him for the abuse this franchise took for his quitting.  He is nothing but a spoiled child (ironic, USC: University of Spoiled Children).  Now, he is trying to look like the victim and a courageous individual in this article.  Puke.  The Bengals deserve the article for not taking shots at him, for rising up in the face of massive controversy, and for building what is now a team that is led by team-first individuals.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
Did you ever notice the people who condemn Palmer the most seem to have the least understanding of the situation, as well as the least desire to actually understand it?

"Carson quit, end of discussion, don't bother me with facts!" *plugs ears*

This topic does remind me of a political argument where even bringing facts or discussion to the table leads to you being labeled "not a real fan" or "against the Bengals" by the nationalistic homers. It's quite fascinating. It seems saying Palmer may have been somewhat justified in leaving the Bengals is tantamount to telling some Americans the USA may have some culpability in (insert things here).

"What? The USA/Bengals have any fault? That's impossible! Carson/the Bad Guys are simply crazy and attempting to understand the situation makes you an enemy of the Bengals/the State!"

Anywho, I'm not trying to bring the P&R forum here, I just thought it was interesting how certain people disguise their ignorance of the situation and refusal to discuss it as "loyalty" to the Bengals organization and attack those who point out the intricacies of the situation as defending the enemy. etc.

Much like politics I would say all minds are made up, so why bother?
Reply/Quote
Just got my tickets to the Arizona game, so I can't wait to see him sacked a few times.  Super stoked about that game.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 08:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Complete and utter bullshit.  Palmer had Chad, TJ, and Henry.  He also had Rudi Johnson and the best year's of Ced Benson.  Yet, he couldn't do in 9 years what Dalton did in 3. 

People seem to remember 2005 and 2006 Palmer but forget the dud that he was from 2007 until he left.  No thank you.  Dalton, 10 out of 10 times. 

And this is the nomination for the stupidest post of the year. Outside of a very few posters on this form do you think anyone would take you serious if you were to say right now today you would rather have Dalton than Palmer....please bro give it a rest. You can pretend that it's just some National slight against Andy but he's not a good quarterback and is it considered as such because he is unbelievably inconsistent. The reason he gets slammed is because his team is considered the in the top talent wise in the league despite Dalton. The team you mention with Plamer they had great stats because of Palmer do you see the difference?
Andy has accomplished exactly the same as what Palmer did...nothing in the playoffs spin it however you want it is still nothing in the playoffs. The reason he gets banged on is because any number of other quarterbacks would have advanced he is the Achilles' heel of this team.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 01:47 PM)fullonbehavior Wrote: Just got my tickets to the Arizona game, so I can't wait to see him sacked a few times.  Super stoked about that game.

I can't remember a play that I enjoyed more than Geno Atkins demolishing Carson on the first or second play of the game in 2012.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 06:41 PM)jason Wrote: I can't remember a play that I enjoyed more than Geno Atkins demolishing Carson on the first or second play of the game in 2012.

Some fans get to think back to the fun and glory of winning multiple Super Bowls, Bengals fans favorite memories are their old QB getting sacked.  Astounding! Did you get a boner when Boomer Esiason went 15-27 with the Jets, too?
Reply/Quote

It doesn't matter one bit what you call it.  When someone is unhappy in their job, and it doesn't promote positivity and well-being within themselves, it is a shitty job.

Money isn't everything to everyone.  Just because you'd sell yourself for multi-millions doesn't mean that other people want to.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 08:52 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It doesn't matter one bit what you call it.  When someone is unhappy in their job, and it doesn't promote positivity and well-being within themselves, it is a shitty job.

Money isn't everything to everyone.  Just because you'd sell yourself for multi-millions doesn't mean that other people want to.

The fact that Carson got another job as a multi-million dollar QB sort of invalidates the argument that he was unhappy being a multi-million dollar QB.
Reply/Quote
Let it the **** go, folks, and move on with life.

He's happy without the Bengals and you're happy without him. What is the problem?
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 08:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The fact that Carson got another job as a multi-million dollar QB sort of invalidates the argument that he was unhappy being a multi-million dollar QB.

I just don't think it matters what made him unhappy.  I wouldn't work a position that made me miserable, regardless of the circumstance (necessity excluded).  Why do people expect others to do so?
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 08:54 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Let it the **** go, folks, and move on with life.  

He's happy without the Bengals and you're happy without him.  What is the problem?

The problem is people want to believe Carson had no legit gripes with Mike and Marvin and he just quit because he's a big ol' baby and there are people like me who feel the need to actually inform said people that there is more to it than that.  My bad.  I'm as guilty of keeping this crap alive as any.

My new stance is to say "Yes, Carson did simply up and quit for no reason.  Who is that guy playing QB in Arizona?  Oh, that's some other guy.  That's not Carson Palmer because Carson Palmer quit playing QB because he's a quitter."
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 08:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Some fans get to think back to the fun and glory of winning multiple Super Bowls, Bengals fans favorite memories are their old QB getting sacked.  Astounding!  Did you get a boner when Boomer Esiason went 15-27 with the Jets, too?
Not only are you concerned with my boner Wub , you took time away from rooting for half the league to look up Boomer's record in NY.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think my problem is that although everything worked out for Cincinnati in the end (and hopefully the Raiders will continue to climb out of the hole they dug) that it had nothing to do with any actions by Palmer. 

The TEAM made great personnel choices.  Everyone expected that "first year without Palmer" Bengal team to go 0-16.  They didn't.  9-7 with a new OC and no OTAs was an amazing performance.  It had NOTHING to do with Palmer.  The players they received from Oakland in the trade was savvy business.  Palmer had nothing to do with it. 

Palmer could have ruined this team for a long time, but the team showed resolve.  The team improved.  And the team is better off without the guy that was pretty much average from 2007 until his departure.  It was always the lack of weapons.  It was always the lack of a running game.  It was always the defense.  It was NEVER put at the feet of the QB.  Dalton has enjoyed no such deflection of blame.  Yet, he has improved year over year and is currently the 2nd ranked QB in the NFL. 

Again, people will say I have "butthurt" or I need to move on, and that is fine.  But the guy tried to destroy this team and I will NEVER forgive him for the abuse this franchise took for his quitting.  He is nothing but a spoiled child (ironic, USC: University of Spoiled Children).  Now, he is trying to look like the victim and a courageous individual in this article.  Puke.  The Bengals deserve the article for not taking shots at him, for rising up in the face of massive controversy, and for building what is now a team that is led by team-first individuals.

Best take ever on this subject imo.

Agree also that if Carson was mad after being treated and paid like royalty in Cincinnati. 

Then Dalton should be livid by his scrutiny and meager pay he receives by comparison. 

Yet he just wins on without whining and with half the arm or fan support The Great Carson had. 

Had pretty much forgotten about Carson until he rehashed his greatness and our ineptitude so eloquently. 

When he lets it go, then I will. Do not give me the writer led him like a dog on a leash to these answers either. Many players refuse to be led into topics they do not want to talk about. 

The proper response imo would be to say " I am an Az Cardinal now and want to focus on leading this team presently, next question".  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 09:07 PM)jason Wrote: Not only are you concerned with my boner Wub , you took time away from rooting for half the league to look up Boomer's record in NY.

Yes, 2.5 teams is certainly half the league.  I see you haven't exaggerated in 100,000 years!  Also, I pulled for Boomer in NY...some of us have the mental capacity to do something other than scream out the name of a team that occupies a city in the general area of our birth.

GASP!!!!!  Grey area?!!  Conflicting interests?!!  Semi-critical thought?!  BAH!  If I didn't have these things I'd be gearing up to root for Vick and the Steelers tonight.  Blech, I'm glad I look at things with a more critical eye than you!

And yes, your boner is lovely! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Wow.  A lot of posts and reasons.

The easiest way to explain all of these "feelings".

Some people don't like quitters.  Period no matter what.

Some people don't think he quit and see him as a martyr of some sort.

It's okay now...  but at some point, I bet many fans were embarrassed that the franchise QB was trying to step away from the team which would put the ultimate stamp on dysfunction the team was trying to shake.

The air was thickening of the "laughing stock" moniker to rear it's ugly head and days of doom through Bengaldom.

This team had disaster even the term "dumpster fire" written all over it by the media(thanks Colin Cowherd).  Add the lack of training due to union/owners talks.

Luckily it all faired for the best with the successful restructure of the team(which was done by the incompetent front office/coaches BTW **cough cough**) and with Dalton having the highly capable WR Green to ease him into the NFL

I bet there would be an even bigger and more hate filled "butthurt" fan-base if Carson's departure would have put this team back into the dark days before his arrival.

Basically I get why people don't like him and it still irks them. 

It's not only what happened, but remembering what a joke it was for the QB of the team to be stepping away for whatever reason.

It worked out for both parties so let bygones be bygones, and may he be buried by our D line in good honest and clean competition.

Just remember folks...  this is not Cleveland.  [Image: tongue.png]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Sorry I didn't see this post until after mine.  Just echoing some of your sentiments/thoughts.  [Image: thumbsup.gif]

The last paragraph though is more about your feelings and opinion. 

I say to each is own on that portion.

Who am I or anyone to say how you should feel personally about the situation.  You just do.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 05:52 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: And this is the nomination for the stupidest post of the year. Outside of a very few posters on this form do you think anyone would take you serious if you were to say right now today you would rather have Dalton than Palmer....please bro give it a rest.  You can pretend that it's just some National slight against Andy but he's not a good quarterback and is it considered as such because he is unbelievably inconsistent. The reason he gets slammed is because his team is considered the in the top talent wise in the league despite Dalton. The team you mention with Plamer they had great stats because of Palmer do you see the difference?
Andy has accomplished exactly the same as what Palmer did...nothing in the playoffs spin it however you want it is still nothing in the playoffs. The reason he gets banged on is because any number of other quarterbacks would have advanced he is the Achilles' heel of this team.

I think you are seriously overestimating how well Palmer is regarded by NFL fans in general. Most fans are smart enough to realize that - while he looks good right now - from 2007-2013 he was average at best. He's looked great over his last 9 games, but he's yet to be tested by any great defenses over that span. He's yet to play the Seahawks, so we'll see how he does there.

Outside of a few posters on these boards, I just don't see many NFL fans raving about Carson Palmer, sorry. Mainly just dudes on here that still pine for the former Bengals QB now that he's finally looking good again. 10 years later.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Looking over Carson's last 9 games, he's played some real cupcake defenses:

Chargers - 108.4 passer rating - Carson has always owned SD for some inexplicable reason.
Redskins - 93.9 - 20th ranked defense
Raiders - 103.3 - 21st ranked defense, 32nd in points allowed
Eagles - 90.3 - 28th ranked defense
Cowboys - 103.7 - 19th ranked defense
Rams - 76.3 - 17th ranked defense

Saints- 122.8 - Saints are atrocious right now
Bears- 115.5 - Possibly the worst pass D in the league right now
49ers- 102.5 - uh yeah, 49ers are also terrible

The last time he faced the Seahawks, he threw 4 int's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote