Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Article on Palmer
(10-03-2015, 01:05 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm glad your dad and uncles had the resolve to leave the dark side Smirk

It's crazy how quickly football fans turn on their players. Remember last year Pats fans clamoring for Garappolo, my goodness!

As for your second paragraph about stats. Andy's first three seasons I didn't get to watch on TV, had to watch them on the computer. I thought Dalton was awesome! Then I would come on here and people would be trashing him for his play. I didn't understand. Once I began to watch every game every sunday, I saw the valid complaints that were being put out there. AKA, stats never tell the full story. I lost some confidence in him at the time, but he has won me back so far.

It's the volatile nature of the starting QB, though it's even worse in the eyes of people who are too casual to even be involved in message board-ing.  I had a girlfriend years ago who had a big family of Steelers fans, but only her father and grandfather really knew anything about them.  Most of them wanted Ben benched after he threw an INT without actually knowing:

1.  who the backup they think NEEDS to play is
2.  if he's any good, even by backup standards
3.  how many INTs Ben throws relative to other starting QBs
4.  how Ben performs relative to other starting QBs in any metric

Nope, INT is bad = bench him.

I know more than 0 Bears fans (I lived in Chicago for 2 years and accumulated more than a few) were glad Cutler got hurt to see Claussen finally get "his chance" and after 1 quarter of watching Claussen want to throw David Fales (who?) out there to "see what we got in the kid."  One would think fans of a team that has started nearly 30 QBs since the rival Packers started Favre/Rodgers would realize mere change doesn't mean success, but alas, no.

The way I see it, if a team's QB is over 30 and doesn't have multiple Super Bowl rings there is going to be certain number of fans that are going to suggest benching him for literally anyone else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 10:56 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Well that's a no brainer. What team needs 10 quarter backs?

I wonder who we could get back in trades if we had 10 Carson Palmers to deal?
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2015, 02:10 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I wonder who we could get back in trades if we had 10 Carson Palmers to deal?

Seeing as Hue Jackson is no longer the panic-stricken interim GM of the Raiders I wouldn't hold my breath.  Then again, I can think of 10 teams that would take Palmer as their QB right now, so that'd be odd.  Maybe 10 3rd-6th round picks?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote