Poll: Will You Be Disappointed In The Bengals FA This Upcoming Season?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question: Do You Think You'll Be Disappointed In The Bengals FA Decisions?
Do you think that with the needs we have mainly in OL and expectations fans have to address this with proven players, will you be satisfied or disappointed in the Bengals front office decisions this upcoming free agency addressing this?
Reply/Quote
I won’t be but most people will because the expectations of a massive o line rebuild all in FA and all I. One year was never realistic from a cash standpoint.
Reply/Quote
I’m sure many will be.

Truth is, to do everything the bengals need to do they’d need 100M to do it. So I’ll be happy if they remain in the FA game signing guys who fits
The system.
Reply/Quote
I think contracts will skyrocket...and our cap space won't go as far as people think it will.
Reply/Quote
I've learned to keep my expectations in check based on the history of this franchise. I do feel confident that they will make a fiscally conservative effort to improve the oline but with no big splashes.
Reply/Quote
Given that I have a novel idea of what capital they have to work with, along with a fan's POV of what the team's needs are, I feel confident that they will work to the best of their ability to improve the team while keeping an eye on future deals for current stars.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Given that I have a novel idea of what capital they have to work with, along with a fan's POV of what the team's needs are, I feel confident that they will work to the best of their ability to improve the team while keeping an eye on future deals for current stars.

Yes. And other teams are trying to sign guys too. It's competitive.
Reply/Quote
I think they know what they need and want but market, player agreement etc will play a big role but I think an upgrade to the OL and even on D could be on the cards.
Reply/Quote
I have no ide so I went with no. A significant upgrade in two OL spots would be a win for me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The last two off seasons I have been impressed with what we've done on defense, but concerned about what we've done on offense, particularly offensive line.

Given the way the defense has turned around, it shows they know what they're doing in terms of contracts given. I am just going to hope that we focus on the offense this time, rather than the defense.

I wouldn't say I'd be disappointed if we repeated the defense focused off season and built up DT, CB and safety, but I'd be concerned if we went into the draft still needing a starter on the Oline.
Reply/Quote
upgrading the O-Line doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg... we really only need to be average at best. So yes if they can't even get to average i'll be disappointed.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I'm sure I will be because I can get emotional when it comes to my QB1. We all want to see us make an effort to bring in the best. With that being said, my expectations aren't overwhelming imo. Maybe 1 or 2 Tier 2 guys and some Tier 3's/4's. That approach usually works out. My anxiety is already kicking in, apologies in advance.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I do. My Mikey sense is tingling. I'm not even sure we'll release Hopkins and Waynes out of "loyalty" and our "operative norm". Old habits die hard. But I sure hope I'm wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. And other teams are trying to sign guys too. It's competitive.

Correct. I believe a lot of us have set ourselves up for disappointment by telling each other that guys will come here on a discount, guys will have their agents calling the Bengals up cause they wanna play with Burrow, etc. And that may be the case. 

Just remember (talking to myself here too), the Bengals are not going to roll in the brinks truck for Armstead, JCJ, etc. They will target tier 2, tier 3 guys. If we're lucky, we pull off that trade with DAL. That would be the move of the off season imo.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:20 PM)tms Wrote: I do. My Mikey sense is tingling. I'm not even sure we'll release Hopkins and Waynes out of "loyalty" and our "operative norm". Old habits die hard. But I sure hope I'm wrong.

We shouldn't if we can't make a serious upgrade at the position. Maybe improving LG and RG will bring out the best in Hopkins. 

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:16 PM)GodFather Wrote: Do you think that with the needs we have mainly in OL and expectations fans have to address this with proven players, will you be satisfied or disappointed in the Bengals front office decisions this upcoming free agency addressing this?

Based on the last 2 years, i'm going to lean towards "no" until proven otherwise.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think contracts will skyrocket...and our cap space won't go as far as people think it will.

That happens pretty much every year at the top of free agency. Fans get jacked up with who they want and that guy wants to break the bank and someone out there will be willing to pay him. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:21 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: We shouldn't if we can't make a serious upgrade at the position. Maybe improving LG and RG will bring out the best in Hopkins. 

Yeah I could be persuaded on Hopkins. After a rocky start he was pretty solid down the stretch, tbh. But not Waynes. It's a bigger deal, he failed seize the (glorious) opportunity this year, he's still injury-prone... there'd be no excuse.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 09:31 PM)tms Wrote: Yeah I could be persuaded on Hopkins. After a rocky start he was pretty solid down the stretch, tbh. But not Waynes. It's a bigger deal, he failed seize the (glorious) opportunity this year, he's still injury-prone... there'd be no excuse.

Waynes is as good as gone as anybody for sure.

Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals will certainly make some moves to improve the O-line in free agency.  But I keep in mind that free agency is a two way street.  Players the Bengals might make offers to sign also have to want to play here.  Those players and their agents will be looking for the best fit both short and long term.   So with that said, don't be shocked if no top O-line free agents get signed.  

But they will make some moves to improve, just maybe not some blockbuster deals some expect.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote