Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Rob Portman voted to confirm Betsy DeVos
(02-08-2017, 12:32 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm not sure if you saw her testimony, but it was embarrassing.  I can understand if you are for public funding of private schools like she is, but to claim she is qualified outside of her agenda and campaign contributions is a stretch.

On another note.  This same tactic created our current dumb **** public when $ was stripped from public education in the regan years.  If you were pulling the wool over the public eyes, you'd want them dumb as possible too.

bfine32 Wrote:All you have to do is list the qualifications and then we'll determine if she has them

BTW, shouldn't you guys be focusing on why Sessions is the most unqualified nominee ever?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
That's a fun game you play.

I ask for what qualifications she has and you ask for what qualifications she needs.

It's almost like you answered my question with a question.

Or you don't have an answer that isn't covered in snark.

Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-08-2017, 12:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: BTW, shouldn't you guys be focusing on why Sessions is the most unqualified nominee ever?

There you go again telling me what I should be doing in an effort to distract from what you're doing. Ted Haggard used a similar tactic. Cute.
(02-08-2017, 12:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's a fun game you play.

I ask for what qualifications she has and you ask for what qualifications she needs.

It's almost like you answered my question with a question.

Or you don't have an answer that isn't covered in snark.

Whatever
I've given three things that IMO qualify her; yet you continue to say she is not/least qualified without listing required qualification (or even those in your opinion) and somehow I'm playing a "fun game"

As to snark what is that you said about at least know the difference between growth and proficiency? 

But this in it's own thread because it covers a whole slew of candidates...but since there is one going on Devos.

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-na-pol-trump-obama-bush-cabinet/

[Image: devos.jpg]
(02-08-2017, 12:42 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: There you go again telling me what I should be doing in an effort to distract from what you're doing.   Ted Haggard used a similar tactic.   Cute.

Didn't tell you what you should be doing; I simply asked. If you want to focus on this nomination have at it. 

(02-08-2017, 12:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I've given three things that IMO qualify her; yet you continue to say she is not/least qualified without listing required qualification (or even those in your opinion) and somehow I'm playing a "fun game"

As to snark what is that you said about at least know the difference between growth and proficiency? 

She's american, has her name involved in a foundation and is "well educated".

Wow.

I guess the bar is as low as it can get.

Even on the message board.

Rock On
(02-08-2017, 12:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't tell you what you should be doing; I simply asked. If you want to focus on this nomination have at it. 

I apologize then. Didn't see the 3 things you listed... 'well educated' 'foundation' and...
(02-08-2017, 12:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: She's american, has her name involved in a foundation and is "well educated".

Wow.

I guess the bar is as low as it can get.

Even on the message board.

Rock On
Still waiting on you to list the required qualifications. Not biased at all how you list Chair of the American Federation for Children as "involved on a foundation". 

Once again: How can you claim the bar is low without listing the bar. 

(02-08-2017, 12:48 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I apologize then.  Didn't see the 3 things you listed...  'well educated' 'foundation' and...

And I didn't see the list of qualifications that you, Dino, or anyone else provided. 

(02-08-2017, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And I didn't see the list of qualifications that you, Dino, or anyone else provided. 

Some experience in education specifically would be great first start.

Do you feel the way she and her family have made their money should count against her?
(02-08-2017, 12:57 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Some experience in education specifically would be great first start.  

Do you feel the way she and her family have made their money should count against her?

Great, you at least gave me one qualification: "some experience in education"

Nope, why should it? 

(02-08-2017, 01:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Great, you at least gave me one qualification: "some experience in education"

Nope, why should it? 

I honestly don't believe you think she is a qualified candidate. I get that you want to defend the perceived 'conservative' viewpoint here, but you're a better person than to think this isn't 100% politically motivated. There are a lot of qualified individuals who own similar ideals but did not contribute the amounts she did to the GOP.

Why should you? I thought you had children and possibly grandchildren. That's why.
(02-08-2017, 01:11 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I honestly don't believe you think she is a qualified candidate.  I get that you want to defend the perceived 'conservative' viewpoint here, but you're a better person than to think this isn't 100% politically motivated.  There are a lot of qualified individuals who own similar ideals but did not contribute the amounts she did to the GOP.

Why should you?   I thought you had children and possibly grandchildren.  That's why.

Of course it's politically motivated; it's political.

So how she made her money should shape my opinion of her qualifications because I have kids.

Bottom line: If what we have had over the last decade plus is "qualified" perhaps we should give "not qualified" a chance. 

(02-08-2017, 12:32 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm not sure if you saw her testimony, but it was embarrassing.  I can understand if you are for public funding of private schools like she is, but to claim she is qualified outside of her agenda and campaign contributions is a stretch.

On another note.  This same tactic created our current dumb **** public when $ was stripped from public education in the reagan years.  If you were pulling the wool over the public eyes, you'd want them dumb as possible too.

Its called party over country. This qualification bs falls in the same category as data. Just disregard. Her money as a GOPer is all that matters.

We have the manipulator in chief with his team of psy ops pros running the show now. The Faux News movement has reached the pinnacle. The wool that was pulled over the eyes is in the process of being sewn down.
(02-08-2017, 01:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course it's politically motivated; it's political.

So how she made her money should shape my opinion of her qualifications because I have kids.

Bottom line: If what we have had over the last decade plus is "qualified" perhaps we should give "not qualified" a chance. 

Yes. It should shape your opinion because it is in your lineages best interests. Just like her decisions will be biased by her lineages best interests.

Again. I don't know why this is a nomination you'd choose to expend energy trying to defend. If your new definition of 'qualified' is that which we've seen over the past decade, there are better choices out there without specific conflicts of interest going into the term.

I hope you've saved a great deal of money to ensure your grandchildren are able to take advantage of the system she sets up.

(02-08-2017, 01:33 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Its called party over country. This qualification bs falls in the same category as data. Just disregard. Her money as a GOPer is all that matters.

We have the manipulator in chief with his team of psy ops pros running the show now. The Faux News movement has reached the pinnacle. The wool that was pulled over the eyes is in the process of being sewn down.

Bingo. Dumb ***** are blinded by the 'I won' mentality while overlooking getting ****** royally long term. Sad as shit, but real.

I heard a line similar to this several times growing up. 'If we were in the shit I'd have to shoot you first with a mentality like that.' Sounds pretty apt right now.
There's no need to fear.....
Thomas Massie is here !

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/318310-gop-lawmaker-proposes-abolishing-department-of-education%3famp

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(02-07-2017, 11:31 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: Money isn't the problem. According to a recent study the US spends more per child than any other country and both new and experienced teachers make more than their counterparts in almost every other country. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-education-spending-tops-global-list-study-shows/

every school official I've talked to brings it back to the same problem, money. From building better facilities to hiring more qualified people to having decent equipment.

the article says the u.s. Outspends a lot of other countries but it doesn't get into how they reach that breakdown. Are they lumping private schools in? It does say teachers are the biggest expense, but doesn't get into if the increase in salaries is reflective of cost of living, or if those numbers include higher staff to handle transportation, food etc. Costs per students in the us is going to be higher where kids have to be transported for hours on busses, which is different in countries that are basically the size Louisville.
(02-08-2017, 06:52 AM)Benton Wrote: every school official I've talked to brings it back to the same problem, money. From building better facilities to hiring more qualified people to having decent equipment.

the article says the u.s. Outspends a lot of other countries but it doesn't get into how they reach that breakdown. Are they lumping private schools in? It does say teachers are the biggest expense, but doesn't get into if the increase in salaries is reflective of cost of living, or if those numbers include higher staff to handle transportation, food etc. Costs per students in the us is going to be higher where kids have to be transported for hours on busses, which is different in countries that are basically the size Louisville.

Funny that you mentioned Louisville, because they bus their students all across the city, so they can ride a bus for an hour+ to get to school nowhere near their home.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(02-07-2017, 09:51 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Thoughts? I've heard she was like his 4th largest donor during his last campaign for re-election. Between personal and SuperPac donations, Portman's campaign got something like $58,500 from DeVos. Of course, he likely still would have voted for her. Personally, even if you are religious I think this should concern most people, especially if you have kids.

pay to play?
this is just another example of how republicans only care about the fetus, and once it is born and a kid, they couldnt give 2 shits about it
People suck