Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Who's Left?
Del Rio = out

Capers = out

Grantham = out

Pleasant = TBD, I suppose. We interviewed him (I think??) and no offer was made. Do we circle back here?

MERV??

Any other names floating around out there?

I think they just need to pull the trigger on Pleasant and let's move forward.

This needs to be done. Public perception of the Bengals has never been overwhelmingly positive, but the optics here are becoming quite ugly.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Any of these guys get interviewed?

Aaron Glenn
Marquand Manuel
Mike Elko
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I'm getting a funny feeling Mike misses Marvin (especially after that interview), and wants him back for DC and no snot nosed kid is going to stand in his way.

I can't even use ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:31 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Any of these guys get interviewed?

Aaron Glenn
Marquand Manuel
Mike Elko

Dark horse--Mike Nolan.

And for the next go around, could all the people involved keep their damn mouths shut until a deal is struck?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:27 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Del Rio = out

Capers = out

Grantham = out

Pleasant = TBD, I suppose. We interviewed him (I think??) and no offer was made. Do we circle back here?

MERV??

Any other names floating around out there?

I think they just need to pull the trigger on Pleasant and let's move forward.

This needs to be done. Public perception of the Bengals has never been overwhelmingly positive, but the optics here are becoming quite ugly.

not really feasible to have marvin as DC the next year after being removed from head coach.

I think Pleasant would be the pick now if not more interview should happen asap.

If you want marvin on Defense we probly have to hire his  son.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: not really feasible to have marvin as DC the next year after being removed from head coach.

I think Pleasant would be the pick now if not more interview should happen asap.

Also could be said not really feasible to have a HC with no head coaching experience at any level - yet here we are. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: not really feasible to have marvin as DC the next year after being removed from head coach.

But Marvin's son already quit on him once.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:44 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Also could be said not really feasible to have a HC with no head coaching experience at any level - yet here we are. Ninja

every coach gotta start somewhere..

we don't need a wade phillips on D it be nice to have but we just need someone who can get these guys motivated and put together a decent scheme.

or we can try and trade for a DC
Reply/Quote
There's probably no one left that can help this D. it'll just be someone with no experience to fill the position to get us through. Next offseason we'll find our DC.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 11:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: every coach gotta start somewhere..

we don't need a wade phillips on D it be nice to have but we just need someone who can get these guys motivated and put together a decent scheme.

Oh i agree. I'm just trying to figure out why we are having such a hard time getting a DC in here and Marvin is sitting there and we know how Mike feels about Marvin ("He's my friend" - and Mike probably doesn't have many of those), and Marvin  made progress with that unit and well, you get the picture.

Reply/Quote
Really wouldn’t mind Marv coming back as DC. He had the defense playing much better
Reply/Quote
Marvin returning to serve as DC would be the most awkward and utterly Bengal-esque thing ever. In no universe would I want that to happen. I was completely joking by throwing his name in there.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

Id agree if someone on Offense had experience or even some assistant coaches on D had experience. But no experience calling plays no where on either side of the ball? That is a recipe for disaster, and we look to be in the kitchen with all the ingredients.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 12:16 PM)Trademark Wrote: Really wouldn’t mind Marv coming back as DC. He had the defense playing much better

He did have them playing better but I don't want him anywhere near this team. His time is over.
Reply/Quote

A HC with no experience is one thing...but literally every guy they hire has little experience.

This could end up being a trainwreck.

It's definately a Red Flag that all these guys are turning down the job. They may see ZT as in over his head.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 12:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A HC with no experience is one thing...but literally every guy they hire has little experience.

This could end up being a trainwreck.

It's definately a Red Flag that all these guys are turning down the job. They may see ZT as in over his head.

Yeah i still like the Taylor hire itself but the coordinators not so much. 

Reply/Quote
I would rather have the defensive coordinator for Bobby Bushay in Waterboy than Marvin Lewis

[Image: revisiting-the-waterboy-adam-sandlers-le...quality=55]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 12:43 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yeah i still like the Taylor hire itself but the coordinators not so much. 

I’m actually excited about Callahan, myself. I was very impressed with him in that lockeroom interview he gave. Seems like a sharp, well spoken young guy. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a hot HC candidate in the next few years.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 12:17 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Marvin returning to serve as DC would be the most awkward and utterly Bengal-esque thing ever. In no universe would I want that to happen. I was completely joking by throwing his name in there.

No doubt RKR. Marv would be fine for any other team except this one.

Anyone but him or Austin please...

Rooting for Pleasant or Elko.
Reply/Quote
Whoever the DC pick ends up being it will be on Taylor's head. He's either rejected or been rejected by the best candidates out there.

An interview goes both ways. It's not just "do we think this guy can do the job," it's also "do I want to do the job under that HC".

It's a red flag.

Reply/Quote