Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So when will Joseph Ossai start making plays?
Noticed vs the Ravens DE Joseph Ossai had only 9 snaps
To his credit. He is not progressing as fast as we thought
He should as a edge rusher. ? I thought he was drafted to bring some extra juice and oomph off the edge?
I have high hopes for him still, but you think 5 games in
He would more of a force. Hell even Jeff Gunther has a blocked kick.
I'm bit weery cause the Bengals have had issues developing pass rushing DEs that were drafted in the
Last few years. Jordan what's his name never panned out.
Wyatt Hubert quit. And Khalid Kareem just got the axe.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:19 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Noticed vs the Ravens DE Joseph Ossai had only 9 snaps
To his credit. He is not progressing as fast as we thought
He should as a edge rusher. ? I thought he was drafted to bring some extra juice and oomph off the edge?
I have high hopes for him still, but you think 5 games in
He would more of a force. Hell even Jeff Gunther has a blocked kick.
I'm bit weery cause the Bengals have had issues developing pass rushing DEs that were drafted in the
Last few years. Jordan what's his name never panned out.
Wyatt Hubert quit. And Khalid Kareem just got the axe.

To our credit didnt we draft Rasheem Green, and Carl Lawson? Both are still rotation

I wouldnt get too down on Ossai either. Hes still young and this is his rookie year basically. I wouldnt say we are too bad at drafting defensive lineman. I mean we drafted Hubbard

Were horrible at drafting offensive linemen tho.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
everyone gonna ignore Hubbard and Hendrickson playing like mad men?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:34 PM)Housh Wrote: To our credit didnt we draft Rasheem Green, and Carl Lawson? Both are still rotation

I wouldnt get too down on Ossai either. Hes still young and this is his rookie year basically. I wouldnt say we are too bad at drafting defensive lineman. I mean we drafted Hubbard

Were horrible at drafting offensive linemen tho.

wut
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: everyone gonna ignore Hubbard and Hendrickson playing like mad men?

Well at some point this defense will need 
A 3rd DE to be able to provide some heat off
The edge. As the season goes on you can't 
Expect Hubbard and Hendrickson to continue 
With the heavy snap counts without a breather 
From time to time 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: wut

Last i checked he was a rotational player along with Carlos in Seattle

I thought so

My memory is piss poor so remember that
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 11:10 PM)Housh Wrote: Last i checked he was a rotational player along with Carlos in Seattle

I thought so

Carlos is in KC now. Trying to get that ring.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 11:10 PM)Housh Wrote: Last i checked he was a rotational player along with Carlos in Seattle

I thought so

Rasheem was a Seattle pick.
Reply/Quote

I thought so

I thought we drafted Barry McCockinner 
Reply/Quote
Had higher hopes for Ossai out of the gate, but not giving up him yet.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 11:23 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Rasheem was a Seattle pick.
Ok thnx

I thought we drafted him and he walked to Seattle.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Looking like a preseason HOFer so far 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: everyone gonna ignore Hubbard and Hendrickson playing like mad men?

We didn't draft Hendrickson
Reply/Quote
Ossai is also coming off an ACL injury. Given that and how young he is I am fine with his role currently. He was a 3rd round pick after all, so because of one good game in the preseason doesn't mean we should expect him to dominate so early. I think if he ever breaks out, it won't be until next year since he will be a year longer removed from the ACL injury.

Remember even Geno Atkins had a down year the year after coming back from his injury and was back to normal the year after.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: Looking like a preseason HOFer so far 

That's my take, too many fans get enamored when drafted players or UDFAs shine in the preseason games. I contend it is because there is nothing else to follow regarding team news around that time of the season so the lens becomes narrowing in on the preseason heroes.

Ossai, as with most young players, has a chance to develop and contribute to the team's success, but it isn't looking like he's now our Micah Parsons talent.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 10:59 AM)Garrus Wrote: Ossai is also coming off an ACL injury. Given that and how young he is I am fine with his role currently. He was a 3rd round pick after all, so because of one good game in the preseason doesn't mean we should expect him to dominate so early. I think if he ever breaks out, it won't be until next year since he will be a year longer removed from the ACL injury.

Remember even Geno Atkins had a down year the year after coming back from his injury and was back to normal the year after.

Dominate is one thing, but it would be nice to see him make a play every once in awhile. 3 tackles, 0 sacks, and 1 QB hit through 5 games is pretty underwhelming for a guy we had decently high hopes for.

I would have loved a Carl Lawson like rookie season from him, but it doesn’t seem like he’s going to be anywhere close to that this year.

Reply/Quote
There are better options right now. Not the worst problem to have.

His role is to just give our super stars a break when they need it and fill in rotationally. He is doing an OK job at that.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 11:09 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: That's my take, too many fans get enamored when drafted players or UDFAs shine in the preseason games. I contend it is because there is nothing else to follow regarding team news around that time of the season so the lens becomes narrowing in on the preseason heroes.

Ossai, as with most young players, has a chance to develop and contribute to the team's success, but it isn't looking like he's now our Micah Parsons talent.

It seems people overrate young players in preseason games...and sometimes underrate good players. Like people thought Justin Smith sucked, etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 11:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There are better options right now. Not the worst problem to have.

His role is to just give our super stars a break when they need it and fill in rotationally. He is doing an OK job at that.

I love Sam Hubbard but “super star” is a bit much. We need someone besides Hendrickson to get some sacks at some point.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 11:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I love Sam Hubbard but “super star” is a bit much. We need someone besides Hendrickson to get some sacks at some point.

I wish the Bengals could stumble upon a game-changing defensive talent in the draft. Guys like Donald, Parsons, Mack, or Miller, that when in thier primes, scare the opposing offense. 
Reply/Quote