Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone convince me to stay
I'm one of those that said if Merv comes back I'm done with the Bengals. Here's the thing: I never expected him to come back.

Now, I truly don't want to root for the Bengals anymore. But, I've never switched team loyalties before and I don't know if I can do it.

Thus, I leave it to you, my fellow (as of now) Bengals fans, someone convince me to stay a fan. I want to be like Mike: too lazy to make the effort to change.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
All you can do is see what coaching changes are made (if any) and make a decision from that.

Me? Can't get emotionally invested in this team so long as he's here. Win, lose, I don't give a shit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm one of those that said if Merv comes back I'm done with the Bengals. Here's the thing: I never expected him to come back.

Now, I truly don't want to root for the Bengals anymore. But, I've never switched team loyalties before and I don't know if I can do it.

Thus, I leave it to you, my fellow (as of now) Bengals fans, someone convince me to stay a fan. I want to be like Mike: too lazy to make the effort to change.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Brown gives Zero Fux about you. He doesn't deserve your loyalty.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Please don’t go until the entire new coaching staff is in place. Let’s see what Marvin’s new level of hiring responsibility produces.
Reply/Quote
There is no way I'm going to try to convince anyone to stay. I wouldn't wish being a Bungles fan on my worst enemy.
Reply/Quote
Just do what I'm doing. I'll still watch them on network tv, and even root for them. I will NOT be spending any money at the stadium or the pro store.... except on my Viking gear..... Might as well have an NFC team, this chit show is continuing....
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm one of those that said if Merv comes back I'm done with the Bengals. Here's the thing: I never expected him to come back.

Thanks in advance.

TBH, the only reason I can't completely quit this team are you all. The people I've chatted with on here and the OG board over the past decade+ have been awesome. It's why I think the best I can do is quit actively watching games.

Unless....the entire message board agrees to move to a new team?! YES?!?!?!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The nachos are good. Sometimes.
Reply/Quote
No. Leave. It's honestly a joke at this point. **** this team. **** the owner. Go Reds.
Reply/Quote
Meh, no one needs to convince you to come back, you will; as will everyone else that says/said they are through.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Please don’t go until the entire new coaching staff is in place.  Let’s see what Marvin’s new level of hiring responsibility produces.

Re-hiring Marvin with his record is a complete and utter joke. It does not matter what ordinary group of assistants they end up with.

Alexander will be back and if so that seals it for me.

Whoever said that Mike does not deserve the loyalty of the longest suffering fans in pro sports- is exactly right.

Mike Brown refused to cut Bodine- the worst center in the league for several years- because he did not want to lose a penny.

That in a nutshell sums up Mike's priorities. Pinching every penny and taking care of his family- including Marv and Alexander- are his priorities. not winning or showing loyalty to Cincinnati or the fans.
Reply/Quote

Thanks in advance.

Run while you can. F this clown show. I'm thinking Mike Zimmer's Vikings aren't too bad... or maybe it's just time to take a break from the NFL entirely. FCC beat some MLS teams last year, and that was pretty exciting to watch.

(01-02-2018, 08:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Please don’t go until the entire new coaching staff is in place.  Let’s see what Marvin’s new level of hiring responsibility produces.

How will ANYTHING Mike Brown gives Marvin control over improve Marvin's clock management, halftime adjustments, passiveness with a lead, Prime-Time performance, Postseason performance, or attitude towards young talented players?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, no one needs to convince you to come back, you will; as will everyone else that says/said they are through.

If this is true we are all dopes.

It is not going to be true of season ticket holders or other people who buy tickets.
Reply/Quote

Just curious, over the last 15 years, which coaching 'hire' wasn't Marvin's choice? 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Run while you can. F this clown show. I'm thinking Mike Zimmer's Vikings aren't too bad... or maybe it's just time to take a break from the NFL entirely. FCC beat some MLS teams last year, and that was pretty exciting to watch.

How will ANYTHING Mike Brown gives Marvin control over improve Marvin's clock management, halftime adjustments, passiveness with a lead, Prime-Time performance, Postseason performance, or attitude towards young talented players?

Maybe in year 35 Marvin will finally agree with the rest of the world that half-time adjustments are a thing 
Reply/Quote

Thanks in advance.

You are so close. Run and don’t look back! I hope I can escape someday!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just curious, over the last 15 years, which coaching 'hire' wasn't Marvin's choice? 

He inherited Paul Alexander.
Reply/Quote
The next two years will be completely different than the previous 15. That would be Mike convincing you to stay.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Thanks in advance.

Here is why you stay; you don't leave your team because it's not what great fans like yourself  do. Do you really want to be  "that guy" that everyone thinks your fan of the Bengals but then you tell them naw I am a fill in the blank fan. Then they give you the look like you just returned your dog to pound because he is now a senior.  You will never enjoy that new teams success because you will never be truly invested in that teams success.  Yes being a Bengal fan sucks but it's a part of you and your identity.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:23 PM)bengals67 Wrote: If this is true we are all dopes.

It is not going to be true of season ticket holders or other people who buy tickets.

Well to be fair the Bengals have really never set attendance records. I doubt this move will do much to those that want to go enjoy the game. To many the game is just part of the experience. 

Folks are just mad and venting right now; they'll be back or never leave. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote