Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spain is back
Quintin Spain coming back on a 1 year deal. I’m glad about this. Not a long term answer, but we need him right now along with another guard.
Reply/Quote
Good news
Reply/Quote
Good for depth if not anything else.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Called it (a couple of times)!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good
Reply/Quote
Happy about this signing. Welcome back, Spain.
Reply/Quote
Yup! Means the lineup is Jonah- XSF - Hopkins/Price - Spain - Reiff.
Reply/Quote
Are we thinking XSF or Spain is a starter or will they try to upgrade and get a starter in the draft? Maybe in the second round?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 03:53 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Are we thinking XSF or Spain is a starter or will they try to upgrade and get a starter in the draft? Maybe in the second round?

I’m betting one of them starts and the other Gaurd will be FA/Draft pick.
Reply/Quote
Honestly XSF and Spain is not the worst Guard combo. When we had them both in the huge problems with jailbreaks through the interior line abruptly stopped. Obviously we need more Guards and I hope we see two drafted, but this way we are not depending on a clown like MJ or on draft picks to step right in and excel.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 03:55 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m betting one of them starts and the other Gaurd will be FA/Draft pick.

Bingo.

Spain will be the starter, I feel and a draft pick will be at RG.

Regardless of what we do at 5, I'm calling it now that at 38, we'll take Meinerz.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 03:43 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Quintin Spain coming back on a 1 year deal. I’m glad about this. Not a long term answer, but we need him right now along with another guard.

Gonna need a whole new Right side of the OL next year
Reply/Quote
This guy came in middle of the week then played that Sunday, played a game at RT, and flip flopped between LG and RG. I know people point to his PFF rating but talk about never getting a chance to settle in and build chemistry. I'm ecstatic to see the former Mountaineer back in stripes.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm cool with this signing, I am not cool if don't snag another guard in FA or fail to draft someone early that can play IOL.

Solid depth move though, keep em coming.
Reply/Quote
He wasn't impressive in his interim stint, but I attribute that to there being a different blocking scheme between BUF and CIN, as well as Turner's bad teaching ability.
Happy he's back to compete for a starting spot. Curious about the $$.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 04:01 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: I'm cool with this signing, I am not cool if don't snag another guard in FA or fail to draft someone early that can play IOL.

Solid depth move though, keep em coming.

Oh you probly grab another OG in Free agency and draft some guys to develop...
Reply/Quote
Good to have him back. Wish we didn't need him back (or to start), but here we are.

I don't consider this a net pickup tho.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 03:59 PM)Synric Wrote: This guy came in middle of the week then played that Sunday, played a game at RT, and flip flopped between LG and RG. I know people point to his PFF rating but talk about never getting a chance to settle in and build chemistry. I'm ecstatic to see the former Mountaineer back in stripes.

And he just has a funny name; I always get a kick of a country for a last name:

- Quinton Spain
- Dan France
- Matt Canada
- Erika America (someone I went to High School with)
- Innes Ireland
- Tony Monaco (ahole DJ here in Toronto)

List goes on LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 04:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good to have him back. Wish we didn't need him back (or to start), but here we are.

I don't consider this a net pickup tho.

This is treading water.
Reply/Quote