Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Much respect to Vontez
(03-20-2019, 01:57 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If the NFL wants headlines, that game against Oakland would be interesting for the international game since both teams are set to go this year.

If anything, this might set up for the Bengals/Raiders to be the late MNF doubleheader week 1. Think there was a thread a week or two ago that said our most likely opponent is Seattle or Oakland on the road.

Zac Taylor's first game, AB's Raider debut, Vontaze vs Bengals.. Lots of storylines.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:33 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: This guy was the leader and the heartbeat of our defense for a long time and we had a lot of success with him. He brought a ferocious attitude that we were missing. Dude came in undrafted and played lights out! up until this last season..

I understand why he was released and I know there's already a thread about it, but I just wanted to made an appreciation thread for this man. He was my favorite player and will surly be missed. I'll never forget the last playoff game against the Steelers. Burfict was having a MONSTER game. He picked off Big Ben and then ran the ball straight to the locker room! That was it I thought, I thought we finally won a playoff game... and then Jeremy Hill fumbled and we all know how that story ends... It's unfortunate that he had to start the last 3 seasons suspended, it's unfortunate that he (and the media) created such a negative reputation of him, and It's unfortunate that he's had so many concussions. And now I'm just bummed that my favorite player is gone.

Either way, I wish him the best in the future. I wish him good health and hope he succeeds with his new team if he continues to play football.

I agree, but it was Landry Jones he picked off.  Ben was polishing his Drama Queen Tiara to come back later in the game....such a WARRIOR!  Sick

Vontaze was an amazing player with a hot temper and a lack of maturity.  It is disappointing to see how it ended, but he did provide some awesome moments.

One of my favorites:  I think it was against the Vikings where he picked off a ball, ran it for a TD, and continued toward the tunnel and the jumbotron showed a security officer slapped him on the butt as he ran by after leaving the field of play.  It was hilarious.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Was it really a steal? He was suspended a lot. Atleast partially costed us a playoff win.

Other teams had the sense to stay away from him. We're not a team that does a good job of handling volatile players.

He did not remotely cost the Bengals that playoff win.  He was the reason they were winning in the first place.  Watch the entire game again (but stop short of the ending) and tell me another Bengals LB would have been remotely as effective.

Marvin should have handled him (and that game situation) differently.  He was his own worst enemy.  But he had zero off field problems, and was a tremendous player in his prime.  Yes, he was an absolute steal.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 07:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One of my favorites:  I think it was against the Vikings where he picked off a ball, ran it for a TD, and continued toward the tunnel and the jumbotron showed a security officer slapped him on the butt as he ran by after leaving the field of play.  It was hilarious.  

Pretty sure It was a fumble recovery against the Browns for a td. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000282871/Burfict-fumble-return-for-touchdown

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 07:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One of my favorites:  I think it was against the Vikings where he picked off a ball, ran it for a TD, and continued toward the tunnel and the jumbotron showed a security officer slapped him on the butt as he ran by after leaving the field of play.  It was hilarious.  

That was actually a Hamilton County Deputy Sheriff.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
so tell me this now.
the Bengals just freed up 6 million in cap space.
they just created another hole to fill on the team.
how will that money be used going foward?
who is going to be that igniter on defense now.?who is going to be
that enforcer?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 07:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Pretty sure It was a fumble recovery against the Browns for a td. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000282871/Burfict-fumble-return-for-touchdown

That's awesome.  Thanks!  Jason Campbell?  Damn...it doesn't seem like Vontaze has been around that long.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 10:34 PM)McC Wrote: He signed with them?

Also, if ever a guy had Raider written all over him, it's Burfict.  Unfortunately, it's no longer 1978.  Wonder if the target stays on his back.

If Al Davis was still alive, I can almost guarantee the target would remain....may still be.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 10:11 AM)impactplaya Wrote: so tell me this now.
that enforcer?

I hate to say this but... the coach?
Reply/Quote
And it starts... they were just talking about him on NFL radio a little bit ago, and raving about what a good player he is. Now that he's not picking on the Squealers, he will be a league darling.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And it starts... they were just talking about him on NFL radio a little bit ago, and raving about what a good player he is. Now that he's not picking on the Squealers, he will be a league darling.

It's disgusting.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's disgusting.

So, clean slate?  And, to think, just Monday morning, he was still the devil.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:29 PM)McC Wrote: So, clean slate?  And, to think, just Monday morning, he was still the devil.

Yep.....which is EXACTLY why I don't put much stock into what these "experts" and "national pundits" have to say about anything.  It hasn't been all that long ago that damn near everyone of them said he should be kicked out of the league.  Now, he's a "good player"?  GTFOH with that shit.  That's why I don't let a damn thing they say about 14 sway my opinion of him.

If there's one thing I hope Taylor does differently than Merv, it's call the media out about false narratives.  We need a good PR man.  I hope he gets in the refs' shit too.

Reply/Quote
With how quick the Raiders signed him, one has to think that the rumor that they were trying to trade for him last year is true.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 01:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And it starts... they were just talking about him on NFL radio a little bit ago, and raving about what a good player he is. Now that he's not picking on the Squealers, he will be a league darling.

The Media types seem to have a thing for Gruden & Mayock also.

They were both Analysts and Media types themselves recently.

If Bengals GM were to keep Burfict then that is bad;  Gruden & Mayock want Burfict then that is good.   Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 04:06 AM)Whodey614 Wrote: If anything, this might set up for the Bengals/Raiders to be the late MNF doubleheader week 1. Think there was a thread a week or two ago that said our most likely opponent is Seattle or Oakland on the road.

Zac Taylor's first game, AB's Raider debut, Vontaze vs Bengals.. Lots of storylines.

Very true, and could certainly be an interesting start to the Zac Taylor era.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
that enforcer?

That enforcer ,in case you haven't noticed, hasn't been here for years. He was a shadow of himself when he was on the field and between injury and suspensions he just wasn't worth the trouble anymore. I wish him well but the truth is I wouldn't want him to turn into a vegetable in front of us.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 07:40 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: That enforcer ,in case you haven't noticed, hasn't been here for years. He was a shadow of himself when he was on the field and between injury and suspensions he just wasn't worth the trouble anymore. I wish him well but the truth is I wouldn't want him to turn into a vegetable in front of us.

Nope.  Raider fans will get that honor.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
that enforcer?

That 6 million will be used for game towels , Gatorade , protein shakes and uniforms. Brown will incest it wisely.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 08:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Now if we could just target and actual get that production and fire out of a drafted LB who isn't a damn head case!

[Image: 200.gif]
Goodluck with that. As good as they are at signing WRs, Bengals are just as bad signig LBs. Thurman ? Rivers ? Bo somthing ? Guys in here think Nick Vigil is the stuff. That should tell you what kind of LB play fans are used to here. 
Reply/Quote