Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Stadium Rankings
Well good news of the 28 they ranked, we were not last. We were 26th

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29372091/ranking-nfl-stadiums-1-28-lambeau-leap-dc-disaster

We need a dome stadium which would allow it to be used 365 days a year for other events and also would eliminate need for a bubble.

Give Burrow a dome stadium so he does not have to deal with weather issues
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well good news of the 28 they ranked, we were not last. We were 26th

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29372091/ranking-nfl-stadiums-1-28-lambeau-leap-dc-disaster

We need a dome stadium which would allow it to be used 365 days a year for other events and also would eliminate need for a bubble.

Give Burrow a dome stadium so he does not have to deal with weather issues

PBS has a ton of room for improvements, turning into a dome is not one of them.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Football is an outdoor sport. Only wimps, ******* and girls want or need to play indoors. Mellow

EDIT: really? '*******' is a bad word? It's just a flower. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Also looks like they only asked Ben Baby what he thought of the stadium? That guy reports on the Bengals only because he has to, he would rather be back in TX as that's all he tweets about. He can't stand reporting on the Bengals or the city of Cincinnati, couldn't have picked a worse guy to have give an opinion. Not saying that PBS doesn't have a ton of room for improvements (especially in the traditions and pregame activities) but they need more input from other people besides that guy.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:26 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Also looks like they only asked Ben Baby what he thought of the stadium? That guy reports on the Bengals only because he has to, he would rather be back in TX as that's all he tweets about. He can't stand reporting on the Bengals or the city of Cincinnati, couldn't have picked a worse guy to have give an opinion. Not saying that PBS doesn't have a ton of room for improvements (especially in the traditions and pregame activities) but they need more input from other people besides that guy.

I don't think it's a bad stadium. It's really hard to find a bad seat. Other than the prices, which every stadium is sky high, I really don't have a problem with it. I have noticed the north endzone get's a lot of wind, which sucks in the winter for a fan thats had the blood thinned from alcohol all day. I like the souvenir shop too.

Reply/Quote
I've never had the chance to go to PBS. What's so bad about it?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:39 AM)Earendil Wrote: I've never had the chance to go to PBS. What's so bad about it?

It is a bargain...like everything else in the NF Las it relates to the Bengals :  The new stadium in LA cost $5 Billion.  Billion, with a B.  The Bengals stadium cost around $400 million.  

I used to think they should have it open (as it is) but with a stadium like Lucas Oil in Indy, having a dome makes it eligible for SO many more events year round.  It will be a long time before we see another stadium built for the Bengals, but if they do it should be a dome.  
Reply/Quote
It's a very plain stadium. Just feels cold and doesn't really inspire. Solid views from anywhere I've ever sat, some nice views of the river since it's not totally closed in. It's functional, but that's about it.

The thing that always crushes me compared to Riverfront is just how hard it is to really get that stadium rocking loud. Maybe it's just memory and perception, but on a windy day especially, it just feels like the sound all slips up and out of the stadium, and not down onto the field, which is the one thing I thought Riverfront did well (as do stadiums like Seattle's).
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:34 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't think it's a bad stadium. It's really hard to find a bad seat. Other than the prices, which every stadium is sky high, I really don't have a problem with it. I have noticed the north endzone get's a lot of wind, which sucks in the winter for a fan thats had the blood thinned from alcohol all day. I like the souvenir shop too.

I guess it's subjective then, but I always thought the upper bowl and back end of the endzone seats are terrible views.
I can get better views on TV compared to those seats.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Been to 12 stadiums.. really depends on what you are looking for .. Tailgating Bengals are a pretty good stadium, view of the game PBS is excellent stadium.. price of tickets and food again very good, team shop is good location, access points into stadium good. PBS lacks in concession choices, need updated Screens, more bells and whistles with history, graphics in the stadium .
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:47 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: It's a very plain stadium.  Just feels cold and doesn't really inspire.  Solid views from anywhere I've ever sat, some nice views of the river since it's not totally closed in.  It's functional, but that's about it.  

The thing that always crushes me compared to Riverfront is just how hard it is to really get that stadium rocking loud.  Maybe it's just memory and perception, but on a windy day especially, it just feels like the sound all slips up and out of the stadium, and not down onto the field, which is the one thing I thought Riverfront did well (as do stadiums like Seattle's).

Part of that is the design of the stadium.
Riverfront was a bowl, so sound bounced all around, creating a louder experience.
PBS is essentially a canyon. Some sound bounces from one sideline to the other, but the openness of the endzones allows sound to escape easily.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We need a dome stadium which would allow it to be used 365 days a year for other events and also would eliminate need for a bubble.

No, we most certainly do not.

Signed: Someone who actually lives here and pays these taxes.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Part of that is the design of the stadium.
Riverfront was a bowl, so sound bounced all around, creating a louder experience.
PBS is essentially a canyon. Some sound bounces from one sideline to the other, but the openness of the endzones allows sound to escape easily.

Precisely.  But since that was part of the legacy and mythos of "The Jungle" I wish they'd utilized a design for the new stadium that capitalized on the passionate fan base.  
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:39 AM)Earendil Wrote: I've never had the chance to go to PBS. What's so bad about it?

The acrhitecture of the stadium is actually pretty great.  The location is amazing.  The size and layout of the stadium is perfectly fine for this market.

The biggest problem with PBS is it has no character, and the inside is a sea of concrete.  They need to overhaul the interior.  Picures, jerseys, displays, paint, murals; take your pick or all of the above.

I think if they just created some decent displays and did something similar to what the Reds have done with their bars and restaurants then that would go a long, long way.

Modernize the stadium a bit and give it some character.  
Reply/Quote
I say this every time, and it seems like I'm in the minority, but I'm going to say it again. The very first thing they need to do is to get rid of that hokey Jungle wrap that goes around the field.

It looks like it belongs in an Arena league. It's been there forever and it's tacky as hell. I feel like Mike just went up to Kinkos and had them work up 400 yards of it.

Fwiw, I'm not opposed to having something jungle related. I'm opposed to that terrible vinyl border that someone created in 1999 with Microsoft Paint.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:26 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Also looks like they only asked Ben Baby what he thought of the stadium? That guy reports on the Bengals only because he has to, he would rather be back in TX as that's all he tweets about. He can't stand reporting on the Bengals or the city of Cincinnati, couldn't have picked a worse guy to have give an opinion. Not saying that PBS doesn't have a ton of room for improvements (especially in the traditions and pregame activities) but they need more input from other people besides that guy.

Not even close to true. Ben is a great follow on Twitter, he posts about Texas a lot, sure, that’s his home. He also is waaaay more into the Bengals than the last ESPN writer. He’s constantly asking about spots to visit and eat in Cincy, is a huge premier league and boxing fan too.

As to the OP, I’d like to see a retractable roof retrofitted on PBS, not just for the football, but so other events can be held there year round. And no more taxpayer funding, the Brown/Blackburns are wealthy enough to pay for upgrades.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:34 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don't think it's a bad stadium. It's really hard to find a bad seat. Other than the prices, which every stadium is sky high, I really don't have a problem with it. I have noticed the north endzone get's a lot of wind, which sucks in the winter for a fan thats had the blood thinned from alcohol all day. I like the souvenir shop too.

Bengals had the lowest price of admission in the NFL according to the article.

Besides that, the last 2 seasons previous to 2020 they offeredrwd "Jungle Pass" digital season tix where you got all 10 games on the season for $200.

If that is too expensive, what isn't???

Also, the stadium and atmosphere sucks once inside. The Colts experience, 2 hrs away, blows PBS doors off.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:47 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: It's a very plain stadium.  Just feels cold and doesn't really inspire.  Solid views from anywhere I've ever sat, some nice views of the river since it's not totally closed in.  It's functional, but that's about it.  

The thing that always crushes me compared to Riverfront is just how hard it is to really get that stadium rocking loud.  Maybe it's just memory and perception, but on a windy day especially, it just feels like the sound all slips up and out of the stadium, and not down onto the field, which is the one thing I thought Riverfront did well (as do stadiums like Seattle's).

I see you live in Denver. Have you been to Invesco?!?  I was there in Dec 2007 during one of the blizzards that year and it took me two weeks to feel my toes afterward.  I lived in Fort Collins for 14 years and that game was one of the top 3 coldest experiences of my life. The other two were mornings when the temps were around -25 degrees.
Reply/Quote

I actually tweeted to him last week (or 2 weeks ago? can't remember) about that and he said, "ask the A&M fans what they thought about me and if they want me back," meaning that he doesn't want to go back to TX and they don't want him back.

I will say, he definitely has more moxie and asks better questions/reports more effectively, than Tyler Dragon (who sounds {and even looks! :lol} like the guy on American Idol who sang, "let me people go!" about 10-15 years ago), but I feel that the writers and reporters for the team now, are better than they have been for a long time.

- Ken Broo was meh
- The guy who used to write for the Enquirer, I think (EDIT* Thank to Wes/Toast, it's Joe Reedy); he was a complete turd, a-hole and a self-professed Stooler fan. He writes for them now (I think) and I can't for the life of me remember his name.
- Daugherty was meh
- Harvey was meh
- Kat Terrell was awful and while she may not be bad at her job, you could CLEARLY see that she only had the Bengal job as a stepping stone (which it was, she bolted to NO as soon as that job opened up) and had no interest being here (like what you're writing about Ben).
- The CincyJungle guys were fairly meh
- Jim Owzcarski was the best of the bunch and he's the only guy who's really been missed.

Now we have:

- Dehner is good (still has me blocked on Twitter)
- Jay Morrison is good.
- Ben Baby is awesome
- Tyler Dragon is good.
- Saho's ok
- Lapham has become much more involved recently and weird questions or not, guy is great to listen to.
- Marisa Contipelli is getting better and better.
- Jeremy Rauch is ok.
- James Rapien is beyond awesome

Have a really good group of reporters right now.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 12:21 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Also, the stadium and atmosphere sucks once inside. The Colts experience, 2 hrs away, blows PBS doors off.

Yeah, once inside, it kind of feels like a damn parking garage. It doesn't feel like a stadium until you actually walk inside the bowl and can see the field. I wonder if the fanbase has anything to do with the stadium rating? Depending on what sections you sit in, you can have a pretty lame fan experience, while others is rock & roll.

Reply/Quote