Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars VII The Force Awakens
Some inside stuff from the footage !

Reply/Quote
Looks like it is going to be a good movie.

Who is playing Capt. Kirk in this one?
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Looks like it is going to be a good movie.

Who is playing Capt. Kirk in this one?

lol. Talk about whacking the hornet's nest...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hah I just watched that on imdb. Looks like Abrams is doing what Lucas didn't do for the 3 prequels, which is using a very similar format of how the original 3 were made in the pre-cgi days. Lucas's downfall in the prequels was relying way too much on cgi, especially the first two. This one looks like they are using more costumes, masks, makeup, sets etc like in the older days of movies.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
[Image: 21.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 02:15 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Hah I just watched that on imdb. Looks like Abrams is doing what Lucas didn't do for the 3 prequels, which is using a very similar format of how the original 3 were made in the pre-cgi days. Lucas's downfall in the prequels was relying way too much on cgi, especially the first two. This one looks like they are using more costumes, masks, makeup, sets etc like in the older days of movies.

I love Portman especially from the rear but her acting was atrocious! The scene where she falls from the ship onto the sand dune in the desert and then just jumps right back and up to say "let's go", turns my stomach every time that I have watched it.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 02:54 PM)Interceptor Wrote: [Image: 21.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Harrison Ford appeared at a Comic Con....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMx670jOnw
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 03:05 AM)MoneyCityManiac Wrote: Harrison Ford appeared at a Comic Con....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMx670jOnw

I don't know if Harrison Ford is just old or on drugs, but wow.

And Leia got obese - not fat, obese!  I wonder if Han will dump her...
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 08:30 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I don't know if Harrison Ford is just old or on drugs, but wow.

And Leia got obese - not fat, obese!  I wonder if Han will dump her...

My gut tells me that Han is gonna croak in this film. Ford wanted his character killed off in Empire or Jedi. I can't believe he came back for this one and I don't see him sticking around for any further films.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 11:54 AM)MoneyCityManiac Wrote: My gut tells me that Han is gonna croak in this film. Ford wanted his character killed off in Empire or Jedi. I can't believe he came back for this one and I don't see him sticking around for any further films.

He kind of gave off that vibe...."yeah, I don't need or want this paycheck...but then I realized a few days on set to kill my character and I won't have to answer any more questions about the return of Han"

Mark Hamill is working a nice gut, too - hard to wrap brain around a Jedi letting himself go like that.  I think it's safe to say we don't really want to see these 3 on screen that much, much less involved in any action.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 08:34 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Some inside stuff from the footage !

Absolutely can not wait for this film to come out!  Excited
Reply/Quote
Not gonna lie....I teared up a little Wink
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Well, the movie will be released the 16th december in France. 2 days before the rest of the world !
Reply/Quote
I've been reading up on all the toys, since that's the only place we're getting spoilers.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
As much as I want to be excited for this, I'm sad they decided to say the expanded universe stuff was out the window and non-canon. I will be interested to see where they go with it, but I had my heart set on some certain things.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I can't wait for this movie!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 02:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As much as I want to be excited for this, I'm sad they decided to say the expanded universe stuff was out the window and non-canon. I will be interested to see where they go with it, but I had my heart set on some certain things.

I agree with you to a degree. I spent many hours reading EU books. I read all the big ones, the whole New Jedi Order, and stopped on the last book of the Legacy of the Force series (it was spoiled and I disagreed with the ending so I never finished it). 

However, it's part Lucas' fault for just approving everything while holding onto this script (which it seems like half of is making its way into this trilogy) that he never said he wouldn't have made. Ultimately, he always said, and Timothy Zahn said this about him, that while he approved stuff, the only true cannon was ever his word. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Awesome stuff but it may contain spoilers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3lwj28/swtfa_inspired_by_myths_in_ovids/
Reply/Quote
Does any one know iif Disney is behind the Clone Wars Series? (the tv cartoonish show)
Reply/Quote