Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars VII The Force Awakens
(09-23-2015, 12:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Does any one know iif Disney is behind the Clone Wars Series?  (the tv cartoonish show)

No, it was under Cartoon Network and their guys behind their shows (Power Puff Girls, Samuri Jack, etc), in cooperation with Lucas studios and their people making sure it stayed in the universe. When Disney bought the rights, they let CN and Lucas have a couple years to finish the series, but said they would cancel it so they could focus on Rebels and the new trilogy.

Which was a PR way of saying 'It's on a network we don't own, so we're canceling the rights and starting a new show with new characters to sell boxed sets and lunch boxes.'

If Clone Wars finished, I have no idea. My kids aren't into SW any more, so I only watched a season or two of Clone Wars. But Disney did say they would give them time to wrap the show up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 12:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Does any one know iif Disney is behind the Clone Wars Series?  (the tv cartoonish show)

Yes they are.

I have a friend who was like : I won't see that, Disney blablablah and then watched the 120 episodes in two weeks.

Rebels is good too. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 01:56 PM)Benton Wrote: No, it was under Cartoon Network and their guys behind their shows (Power Puff Girls, Samuri Jack, etc), in cooperation with Lucas studios and their people making sure it stayed in the universe. When Disney bought the rights, they let CN and Lucas have a couple years to finish the series, but said they would cancel it so they could focus on Rebels and the new trilogy.

Which was a PR way of saying 'It's on a network we don't own, so we're canceling the rights and starting a new show with new characters to sell boxed sets and lunch boxes.'

If Clone Wars finished, I have no idea. My kids aren't into SW any more, so I only watched a season or two of Clone Wars. But Disney did say they would give them time to wrap the show up.

The last season of CW was released on Netflix.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 02:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I've been reading up on all the toys, since that's the only place we're getting spoilers.

http://gizmodo.com/the-secrery-surrounding-new-star-wars-toys-is-even-more-1733344536
Reply/Quote
Kathleen Kennedy was explaining the difference between the new trilogy and the stand alone films. To paraphrase: the trilogy continues the Skywalker generational saga that started in the first two trilogies while the stand alone films introduce or explore other characters from the universe.

There was some speculation that Rey was Han and Leia's daughter, which explains her and Finn meeting up with him in the Falcon. Her last name has purposely been withheld, according to Abrams. Mark Hammil has said that these three younger characters (Rey, Finn, and Poe) are the focus of this new trilogy. A source has said, however, that none of the heroes are Skywalkers or Solos. This has led to speculation that Rylo Ken, a villain, is Han and Leia's son, hence his obsession with Vader.

This seems to follow the original "leaked" storyline that Finn finds Luke's hand with Anakin's lightsaber in it and that leads him to Luke and that Rylo is looking for it and he is Han's son and that Han dies when Luke confronts Rylo. It should be noted that descriptions of the story seem to confirm that Finn finds an important "artifact" tied to the original heroes.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I do believe the filiation is on Kylo Ren.

If Rey is somehow a Solo or a Skywalker, they should have a STRONG explanation to why they left her abandonned on a desert planet living like a tramp.
Reply/Quote
Full trailer is gonna be released monday.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
[Image: CRnLQ73UYAAnav3.jpg:large]

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Some peanuts for tonight's trailer

Reply/Quote
Official trailer !

Reply/Quote
It was awesome. A lot of thoughts. Heavy deviation from the EU. There seems to be galactic government. Just pockets of either the Republic or the First Order. The tale of what the trio did the OG trilogy seems to be more legend than history. Luke definitely hasn't revived the Jedi Order yet.

Kylo Ren will be a great villain. He isn't Sith. He and his buddies are the "Knights of Ren". Looks like he is after Vader artifacts.

I honestly believe Kylo is Han and Leia's son. Apparently we don't know Rey's last night yet because her parents are important.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:37 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Official trailer !

I just got goose bumps watching that.

Excited
Reply/Quote
I have the feeling that Finn is Luke's padawan on a mission to find The Awakening.

I'm sure Rey isn't affiliated to anyone. It just doesn't make sense and the 'I'm your father' thing would be so terrible in terms of creativity.

Reply/Quote
As long as it's better than the prequels, and actually feels like a Star ars movie, I'll be happy.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:13 PM)Adamantium Wrote: As long as it's better than the prequels, and actually feels like a Star ars movie, I'll be happy.

I think a home movie of kids playing with Star Wars toys would be a step up from the prequels.  The trailer for this one looks awesome!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 08:59 AM)nevergonnachange Wrote: I think a home movie of kids playing with Star Wars toys would be a step up from the prequels.  The trailer for this one looks awesome!

this was better than the prequels

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It was awesome. A lot of thoughts. Heavy deviation from the EU. There seems to be galactic government. Just pockets of either the Republic or the First Order. The tale of what the trio did the OG trilogy seems to be more legend than history. Luke definitely hasn't revived the Jedi Order yet.

Kylo Ren will be a great villain. He isn't Sith. He and his buddies are the "Knights of Ren". Looks like he is after Vader artifacts.

I honestly believe Kylo is Han and Leia's son. Apparently we don't know Rey's last night yet because her parents are important.

Turns out she's a Wereewok and when the moons are full she transforms into a tiny fluffy annoying creature and takes down the empire. 

Probably. If it were done by the people who gave us Jar Jar Binks
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Kylo Ren will be a great villain. He isn't Sith. He and his buddies are the "Knights of Ren".

[Image: 400_slapping-slap-shocked-ren-and-stimpy-smack.gif]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Surprise !

Reply/Quote