Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Starting to Think We Go QB Early
(04-24-2019, 12:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yep, look at history of the NFL. He is arguably a top 15 QB over his career. All it takes is one Super Bowl ready team missing a veteran leader at QB to get them to the promised land. So yes, I think AD is worth the 2 picks so feel free to die.

Flacco got Baltimore a 4th rounder, we'd be lucky to get the same in return for Andy. He's proven time and time again that he can't win the big games. He's good if you're happy with 10-6, 11-5 at best and playing a home game in the wildcard round and going home. Nothing more, nothing less.

We've seen it for eight years, nothing leads me to believe something will magically click now. Which is disappointing because he's a good guy who does play his heart out. But he doesn't have "it."
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 07:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not comparing Dalton against any other QBs at all.  Instead I am comparing Bortles to Rodgers and Wilson to show how silly it is to claim that playoff wins "trump everything" when it comes to evaluating QB talent.  Bortles has 2 playoff wins over the last two seasons while Rodgers and Wilson have zero.

Same thing I did earlier when comparing Flacco to Dan Marino, and Hostetler and Johnson to other great QBs.

You just keep digging the hole deeper. By comparing Daltons career to Mario's, Marino won multiple PO games, you look kind of simple. Now Hostetler and Johnson are definitely similar to Dalton but unlike Dalton they didn't stb under the bright lights of the playoffs and won multiple PO games. I know you are grasping for straws to make a point but you are not getting anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 09:28 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You just keep digging the hole deeper. By comparing Daltons career to Mario's, Marino won multiple PO games, you look kind of simple. Now Hostetler and Johnson are definitely similar to Dalton but unlike Dalton they didn't stb under the bright lights of the playoffs and won multiple PO games. I know you are grasping for straws to make a point but you are not getting anywhere.

Marino was never coached by Marvin Lewis
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 09:33 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Marino was never coached by Marvin Lewis

Marino didn't need to be coached. He had "it'. Dalton doesn't.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 09:28 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You just keep digging the hole deeper. By comparing Daltons career to Mario's,

Dude, can you not read.? I NEVER compared Dalton to Marino.

I compared Flacco to Marino.  You are saying that Flacco is a better QB than Marino because "rings and playoff wins trump everything".  I think it is silly to claim Flacco is better than Marino.

I also think it is stupid to claim Blake Bortles has been a better QB over th last two seasons than Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson.

I also think it is stupid to claim that Hostetler and Johnson were better QBs than Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, and Daryl Lamonica.
Reply/Quote
Fred, you're battling uphill here. He is so tied into his borderline psychotic hatred of Andy Dalton that anything that can be grabbed to diss on him will be grabbed. Whether it makes any sense at all and especially football sense is secondary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 09:37 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Marino didn't need to be coached. He had "it'. Dalton doesn't.

Marino never won a ring, had a losing record in the postseason, and won a playoff game in fewer than half of his 17 seasons.

Marino was one of the greatest QBs I ever saw, but he did not have this make-believe "it".
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 10:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marino never won a ring, had a losing record in the postseason, and won a playoff game in fewer than half of his 17 seasons.

Marino was one of the greatest QBs I ever saw, but he did not have this make-believe "it".

Didn't the Steelers not draft Marino because QB wasn't their biggest need at the time?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 09:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dude, can you not read.? I NEVER compared Dalton to Marino.

I compared Flacco to Marino.  You are saying that Flacco is a better QB than Marino because "rings and playoff wins trump everything".  I think it is silly to claim Flacco is better than Marino.

I also think it is stupid to claim Blake Bortles has been a better QB over th last two seasons than Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson.

I also think it is stupid to claim that Hostetler and Johnson were better QBs than Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, and Daryl Lamonica.

You disrespect those QBs by doing any comparison to Dalton. You can't handle the truth about Dalton so you try to drag off the wall comparisons to try to prove your point while I keep telling you the same thing Andy can't win the big games. Marino 8 wins in the POs, Flacco 10 wins, Hostetler 4 wins , Johnson 4 wins , Wilson 8 wins, Rodgers 10 wins. Tell us again how Dalton should be our QB of the future.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 10:18 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You disrespect those QBs by doing any comparison to Dalton. 

I am not comparing any of them to Dalton.

I am comparing them to each other to prove how stupid it is to say "playoff wins and rings trump everything" when judging QBs.

Everyone else gets it except you.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 10:18 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  I keep telling you the same thing Andy can't win the big games. 

Andy has won plenty of big games to get us into the playoffs.  Here is a list of QBs he has beaten head-to-head when the other team was a division champion

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Russell Wilson
Peyton Manning (the '14 Pro Bowler, not the '15 cripple)
Andrew Luck (twice)

Lots of great QBs failed to win a playoff game in their first 4 tries.  That is just too small of a sample set to judge an entire career.  Especially when it was the first four years of his career.  This exact same logic was used to "prove" that John Elway could never win a Super Bowl and that Dean Smith could never win a national championship.  Hell even Michael Jordan was labeled as a guy who could not win big games for the first 6 years of his career.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 11:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He literally said he wishes Dalton was a better QB because he’s such a great human being...

hardly “psychotic hatred”

I'm going by the entire string of posts, which includes downplaying anything positive and wildly exaggerating anything negative. P{lus the "great human being" part did not come across as 100% sincere...
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 01:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton has been a far better QB than Flacco though. Even over the last 3 years, which haven't been kind to Dalton.

Flacco: 82.6 rating - 1600 attempts - 9,923 yards - 50 TD's - 34 INT's

Dalton: 89.4 rating - 1424 attempts - 10,092 yards - 64 TD's - 31 INT's 

This is with Dalton getting sacked 25 more times than Flacco. Not to mention Dalton is 2.5 years younger. 

Yeah, but that doesn't warrant Dalton bringing a 1st round pick.

If we draft a QB then Dalton will be the older QB who lost his job and looking for a new home.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like we won’t be drafting Daltons replacement this year. 6-10 here we come baby !
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:18 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Sounds like we won’t be drafting Daltons replacement this year. 6-10 here we come baby !

Just good enough to miss out on the top QB’s next year...

Reply/Quote
Peter Schrader: "Feeling" is that Bengals not in the market for a QB at 11.

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1121230167458947075
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 02:18 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Sounds like we won’t be drafting Daltons replacement this year.  6-10 here we come baby !

(04-25-2019, 02:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just good enough to miss out on the top QB’s next year...

Right, because we have NEVER been better than 6-10 with Dalton at QB.

You guys are funny.
Reply/Quote
"It" is on sale at Harbor Freight this week and with that 20% off coupon it's a STEAL! Of course it'll turn to crap soon as the warranty runs out, but so what? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 09:24 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Peter Schrader: "Feeling" is that Bengals not in the market for a QB at 11.

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1121230167458947075

I don’t believe they are either. I wouldn’t feel really good about taking any of those guys at #11, there will be too much talent still on the board. I would be fine with Grier or a slider in round 2 though.
Reply/Quote
Well they could always pick up that great AAF QB we dumped off last season as a backup to the PS backup..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote