Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Steelers / Bengals exchange social media after game
(12-15-2015, 07:25 PM)jason Wrote: I actually see the point that you are trying to make, but it does make this clown look even worse.  What you are saying is that he was just talking (after a little too much cognac while listening to 2 Chainz or something).  That fact that he took it down, and the fact that even his fans know that he doesn't have it in him (none of us took him seriously either) makes it all the more hilarious to me.

I'm not saying it didn't look bad or wasn't stupid to do.  I'm saying calling it a death threat is stupid.

Quote: At the same time, nobody thought Aaron Hernandez would be rotting in prison for the rest of his life for painting at least one weed dealer, but he is....

Actually there are a lot of people who aren't exactly shocked by this.

Quote:Williams is a marginal NFL player who got his 7 1/2 minutes of fame...  Perhaps he will make a play in a game someday.

Williams is a guy, he's serviceable, certainly not someone you want to have to start on a regular basis.

(12-15-2015, 07:36 PM)Beaker Wrote: Terrible "logic". If you want to deny what williams said, nobody can convince you otherwise. But everyone else with reasonable wits knows that williams was saying he was going to jump Burfict.

Ahhh, jump!  I'll absolutely give you that Williams was indicating he'd like to catch Burfict slipping and kick the shit out of him.

Quote:The fact that williams deleted the tweet indicates either he got a dose of sense, or someone told him and he thought better of his stupidity. Burfict getting in his face before the game to say "here I am" was perfectly fine.

Burfict getting in his face is just as punk quite honestly.  You really want to settle something like this you don't do it on the field in front of hundreds of people and tons of back up.  Burfict was show boating and that's it.  It doesn't make William's tweet any better but it is what it is.

Quote:Plus, you and all the rest of the steeler fans don't have any moral high ground to stand on until you muzzle that punk mitchell.

Who's even talking about a supposed moral high ground?  I'm laughing at the inane assertion that Williams actually threatened to kill Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 12:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ah, steelers fans favorite sound to make while they're taking it up the butt. 

What is it about Bengals fans and fantasizing about Steelers fans having anal sex with men?  You're the second guy in the thread. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 07:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was chippy because the two teams have an actual rivalry this season.

The Bengals want to beat up their older brother and take control of the division.  Add to that the half-brain-between-them Jones and Burfict and you have a powder keg ready to blow.

The officials could have handled it by calling some personal fouls on both teams but instead they just kept separating players.

I know how much the Bengals fans hate history but its 2005...again.  Its TJ wiping his shoes with the Terrible Towel.  Its CJ with his black and white vs color television.  Dumbasses with bigger mouths than brains.  And a young, talented team in the Bengals who are defined by one or two idiots and a coach who can't control them on or off the field.  

If you say so.....CJ and TJ had nothing to do with it.  What is it you guys say about bringing up past transgressions?

There was no trash talk or anything else going on until the Stoolers got all butthurt over a freak injury.  That's how it REALLY went down.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 12:54 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What is it about Bengals fans and fantasizing about Steelers fans having anal sex with men?  You're the second guy in the thread. Ninja

It's quite possible it has something to do with this....

[Image: starks.gif?w=351&h=197]

....or this.....

[Image: HUMP.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 04:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You'll have to point out where I used semantics.  If you consider every time someone says, "I'll kill you", to be a death threat then you're not well versed in the English language or the colloquialisms of our nation.  You are also, one could logically assume, not personally well versed in the kind of slang being used in the tweet in question.  You are also, demonstrably, unaware of what constitutes an actual death threat.  You have to make a threat that a reasonable person would assume you intend to carry out.  Seeing as how this already excludes you you'll have to trust the judgment of the calmer, smart and better educated around you to point out just how foolish you're being.

So, in essence you either believe Williams really intends to kill Burfict or you believe that the idea that a "death threat" was made is a laughable one. 

I don't believe for a second that Williams actually intends to track Burfict down in Miami and shoot him on sight. But that doesn't changed the fact that he hit the send button and his words were out there. Maybe emotions got the best of Williams that day, but nothing can hide what he said and what it meant. "Going to paint you" = I'm going to shoot you. There's no debate, and it doesn't take a "urban" type of individual to figure out that's what he meant. You keep downplaying this in defense of him to try and win this pissing match of "who's player said what" on social media.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 11:07 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don't believe for a second that Williams actually intends to track Burfict down in Miami and shoot him on sight. But that doesn't changed the fact that he hit the send button and his words were out there. Maybe emotions got the best of Williams that day, but nothing can hide what he said and what it meant. "Going to paint you" = I'm going to shoot you. There's no debate, and it doesn't take a "urban" type of individual to figure out that's what he meant. You keep downplaying this in defense of him to try and win this pissing match of "who's player said what" on social media.

Not to put too fine a point on it but no one, and I do mean no one, has ever shown what "paint" means.  Even in an urban slang type of situation.

Bengals fans assumed that a professional athlete put on line that he was going to actually, physically kill another human being.  The rest of the world seems to think he means mess him up.

Clearly it was a matter of emotions getting in the way of sense.

As was the reaction by the Bengals (Jones / Burfict) and some of their fans.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 11:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not to put too fine a point on it but no one, and I do mean no one, has ever shown what "paint" means.  Even in an urban slang type of situation.

Bengals fans assumed that a professional athlete put on line that he was going to actually, physically kill another human being.  The rest of the world seems to think he means mess him up.

Clearly it was a matter of emotions getting in the way of sense.

As was the reaction by the Bengals (Jones / Burfict) and some of their fans.

The term paint comes is a militaristic phrase "painting a target with a laser". Ive used it before, it seems recently common thugs have just adopted it.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 11:41 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The term paint comes is a militaristic phrase "painting a target with a laser". Ive used it before, it seems recently common thugs have just adopted it.

So Williams was going to point a laser at Burfict?  Sounds scary.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 11:41 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The term paint comes is a militaristic phrase "painting a target with a laser". Ive used it before, it seems recently common thugs have just adopted it.

So, at worst, he was going to target Burfict?

That sounds JUST like threatening to kill him.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 11:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: So, at worst, he was going to target Burfict?

So he's going to just point a laser at him.. Just a laser pointer. Ok sure.

You guys are ridiculous.
Reply/Quote

(12-16-2015, 11:48 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: So Williams was going to point a laser at Burfict?  Sounds scary.

(12-16-2015, 11:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: So, at worst, he was going to target Burfict?

Fckin Pwned
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 11:59 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So he's going to just point a laser at him.. Just a laser pointer. Ok sure.

You guys are ridiculous.

Yes.  It is we who are rediculous.   Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 12:00 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Fckin Pwned

Yea, I guess Williams just wanted to drive around South Beach pointing a laser that he got from the counter at a local 7/11 at Vontaze.

Silly me.  I guess you guys are right and Williams is just a friendly guy having a little laser fun.

We can't have our precious players making threats on social media, nope, that's just not the Steeler way now is it?  

Its funny that everyone else aside from the Steeler faithful have perceived this as a threat.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 12:07 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Its funny that everyone else aside from the Steeler faithful have perceived this as a threat.

lol. So Burfict was scurred and threatened over a Twitter post? What a pusscake

You mad bro? Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 12:09 PM)6andcounting Wrote: lol. So Burfict was scurred over a Twitter post? What a pusscake

You mad bro? Cool
I see you and others think Bengals fans are mad. Why would we be mad with a 2 game lead with 3 games to play? You would love to trade records right now.

The only one showing their panties in this thread is you and your fellow Steeler fans. You are all jealous Burfict plays for the Bengals and not for the Squealers. Heck most of your fan base idolizes a freaking rapist. You and your fans are just too funny trying to bash tough football players like Burfict, yet turn a blind eye to those on your own team.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 12:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see you and others think Bengals fans are mad. Why would we be mad with a 2 game lead with 3 games to play? You would love to trade records right now.

The only one showing their panties in this thread is you and your fellow Steeler fans. You are all jealous Burfict plays for the Bengals and not for the Squealers. Heck most of your fan base idolizes a freaking rapist. You and your fans are just too funny trying to bash tough football players like Burfict, yet turn a blind eye to those on your own team.

Dirty play when Vontaze does it, hard nosed football when a guy like Mike Mitchell does it.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 12:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see you and others think Bengals fans are mad. Why would we be mad with a 2 game lead with 3 games to play? You would love to trade records right now.

Yellowx is mad because he gets wrecked every time he tries giving a definition for paint.

Burfict really isn't that good. He has done literally nothing - 0's across the board in his stat sheet - except get about 7 tackles a game playing behind a dominating front 4. He wouldn't start over Timmons, Shazier or Spence at ILB and he'd be useless as a OLB for the Steelers. He'd be in front of Vince Williams on the depth chart which is probably all you guys need to hear to chalk up a win.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 12:19 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Dirty play when Vontaze does it, hard nosed football when a guy like Mike Mitchell does it.

LOLO...I don't think anyone here thinks Mitchell is "hard nosed".  We are also more grounded in the fact that, unlike you guys with your over exaggeration of Burfict's skills as a linebacker, we don't feel Mitchell is all that great of a safety.  To us he does well enough, but we want better.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 12:20 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Yellowx is mad because he gets wrecked every time he tries giving a definition for paint.

Burfict really isn't that good. He has done literally nothing - 0's across the board in his stat sheet - except get about 7 tackles a game playing behind a dominating front 4. He wouldn't start over Timmons, Shazier or Spence at ILB and he'd be useless as a OLB for the Steelers.  He'd be in front of Vince Williams on the depth chart which is probably all you guys need to hear to chalk up a win.

Well he did injure a running back named Bell so he had to be good enough to get there and tackle him legally.
I have no doubt you and others fear Burfict because all of you know he is one tough SOB who has no fear of anything Pittsburgh.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 12:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well he did injure a running back named Bell so he had to be good enough to get there and tackle him legally.
I have no doubt you and other fear Burfict because all of you know he is one tough SOB who has no fear of anything Pittsburgh.

LOL..He celebrated tackling a guy after he gained 9 yards.  I guess an average guy on the field has to have something to call success.

Reply/Quote