Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers at Bengals Predictions
31-17 Bengals
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
24-21 Bengals, McPherson hits a FG late to put the Bengals ahead.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers might be better than some expect, but I still can't bring myself to think they can match the offensive talent that the Bengals will run out there next Sunday. The last time they came to PBS, the defense looked like a group that did not love making tackles. It was the softest and most timid I'd ever seen that team play. Is that going to carry over? I wouldn't bet on it, but it's mostly the same players. Mixon was imposing his will behind the worst line in football against this defense. How do you think he'll fare running behind Cappa and Collins?

Also, I feel like this defense will reach another level this year. They really coalesced in the playoffs. That group is the reason they went to the Super Bowl. Now they bring back almost everyone, plus reinforcements in the secondary.

Bengals 34

Steelers 17
Reply/Quote
Bengals 23 - Steelers 13
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Mixon should have a huge game... Steelers upgraded some spots but they didn't touch their run defense. Big mistake in this division.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2022, 06:25 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: So you’re writing off our new O-line because they are new but think that shitshow front the steelers have this year will protect Harris well enough to control the field and the clock against our defence who will cut through em like a knife through butter.

I get that it’s the Steelers and everyone has scars from playing them, but we’ve won the last 3 in a row and it doesn’t matter if it’s tiny hands or the back up in waiting starting next Sunday, I really think we will make a statement that we’ve got no super bowl hangover.

Couldn’t have picked a better game to start with.

I picked us to win, you get this upset because I believe the Steelers defense will keep it close, thank God I did not pick us to lose...  lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati defense is too good — and the addition of Daxton Hill on the back end only makes the secondary even more lethal. The new and improved offensive line will clear lanes for Joe Mixon which is good because the Steelers will be playing deep to prevent Joe Burrow from going long to Ja’Marr Chase.

This will be an old fashioned AFC North slugfest; Cincinnati 23 Pittsburgh 17.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 35
Steelers 10

Too much firepower on this offense. Big big win!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2022, 04:34 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Bengals 38
Steelers 27

Bates to get a pick in the first half to show everyone he’s not messing around this season, Mixon to go for 100+

I doubt Mixon goes off for 100+.Take a closer look at the Steelers D-line.This could be one of the top defenses in the league.Our O-line will be put to the ultimate test in the very first game of the season.
Reply/Quote
Bengals better start this season with a big W, or it will be a long 12-hour drive home! LOL

Bengals- 27
Steelers- 17
Reply/Quote
Steelers defense will be much improved.

Our first team O-line has barely played together.

Bengals win, but not pretty.

22-13

Back-and-forth sloppy game.  Halfway through the 4th quarter Bengals hold a shaky 15-13 lead on 5 FGs (2 from 50+).

Burrow hits Chase on simple slant that a brutal downfield block by Tee Higgins turns into a 68-yd td.   

Steelers never cross midfield again in the game.

1-0

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2022, 10:29 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I doubt Mixon goes off for 100+.Take a closer look at the Steelers D-line.This could be one of the top defenses in the league.Our O-line will be put to the ultimate test in the very first game of the season.

Steelers had the 20th scoring/32nd run defense last year and the only differences in their defensive starting 11 is Larry Ogunjobi for Chris Wormley, Myles Jack for Joe Schobert, and Levi Wallace for Joe Haden. Meanwhile the Bengals actually got an OL and the Ravens won't be an injured shell of themselves.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 01:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Steelers had the 20th scoring/32nd run defense last year and the only differences in their defensive starting 11 is Larry Ogunjobi for Chris Wormley, Myles Jack for Joe Schobert, and Levi Wallace for Joe Haden. Meanwhile the Bengals actually got an OL and the Ravens won't be an injured shell of themselves.

NT Tyson Alualu missed 15 games last year.  Ogunjobi is a top DT.  

Two new starting DTs can make a big difference in the run defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 01:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Steelers had the 20th scoring/32nd run defense last year and the only differences in their defensive starting 11 is Larry Ogunjobi for Chris Wormley, Myles Jack for Joe Schobert, and Levi Wallace for Joe Haden. Meanwhile the Bengals actually got an OL and the Ravens won't be an injured shell of themselves.

They were soft as Charmin flavored soft serve last year.  are Ogunjobi, Flores, and Jack going to change that?  Not sure, but this wasn't exactly the Steel Curtain vs the run last season.  Very unwilling tacklers abound.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 01:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: NT Tyson Alualu missed 15 games last year.  Ogunjobi is a top DT.  

Two new starting DTs can make a big difference in the run defense.

The Bengals ran for 294 yards on the Steelers last year, with only 2 starting caliber NFL linemen. The Ravens ran for 356 yards on the Steelers last year with Lamar only playing 1 of the 2 games and playing while hurt, and none of the Ravens top 3 RBs playing.

Doesn't make THAT big of a difference.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
23-17 Bengals. Going to be another tough game in the North.
Reply/Quote
Bengals sputter early on but get going by late q3. Squeaks out a win by 3 points.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2022, 02:42 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Is there reason to think Burrow ain't playing?

I only mention it because Fantasy Football has Burrow listed as questionable due to his surgery. 

If Burrow plays :  Bengals 30, Steelers 10

If Burrow doesn't play :  Bengals 13, Steelers 10....maybe....I don't think much of Bengals back-up QB, but hope they win somehow. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 06:02 AM)kevin Wrote: I only mention it because Fantasy Football has Burrow listed as questionable due to his surgery. 

If Burrow plays :  Bengals 30, Steelers 10

If Burrow doesn't play :  Bengals 13, Steelers 10....maybe....I don't think much of Bengals back-up QB, but hope they win somehow. 

Facepalm
Reply/Quote
35-13 Damn the rust, we keep rolling
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote