Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers at Bengals Predictions
(09-10-2022, 02:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: clearly it is Mitch when you look at their stats and records... Kitna in 7 seasons that he pretty much was the start his best season was 8-7 no playoffs overall record in those seasons was 40-63  Mitch has 4 years starting with a 29-21 record, and two trips to playoffs..  Nothing against Kitna was a warrior as a backup but Trubisky has been a better starter

Mitch also was playing with one of, if not the best, defenses in the league over that stretch. Their offense, lead by him, was a bottom 5 offense all but 1 year. 

In the year the Bears went 11-3 they had the #1 defense in the NFL, top 10 run game, and average to below average pass game. 

He may be better but it's certainly not by much, especially when it comes to throwing the ball. Kitna had two 4000 yard seasons including six over 3000. The most Mitch ever has thrown for is 3200.

I am worried about his running ability and think that will help extend a couple drives. I see this being a 24-20 type game. Hopefully it's a blowout! 
Reply/Quote
The squeelers will even lead in the game, shocking I know, but we will win it, we have to, we must.. 20-14, Bengals win.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:57 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Yeah because I didn't marry into NFL royalty and have my Daddy in law get me a job. 

You sound like you are still into the fire Zac Taylor nonsense on here in his first years here.  That ship has sailed.  It turns out Zac Taylor took the lousy team Marvin Lewis had his last years and blew it up.  Zac got rid of just about every Marvin Lewis draft pick.  It took a couple years to rebuild, but in season 3, Zac Taylor did what no coach has done for Bengals in 30 years.  He WON in Play-Offs and even got Bengals to Super Bowl.   

So if you are still bashing Zac Taylor, you are one of the few.  Most Bengals Fans are very happy the change and turnaround Zac Taylor has made to this team.  Zac Taylor gave us a team we can be proud of.  Bengals Fans waited a lot of years to be Proud of The Bengals again.   Zac Taylor turned this team into a Winner, and it didn't take him that many years to do it.  3 years is a short time to take a team from the Toilet Bowl to The Super Bowl. 

Now I give credit to Marvin Lewis for making this team better than it was in the 1990's.  Still, his last years I think he was not up to speed with the New NFL.  He got old.  His old stuff didn't work anymore.  He had the 5 straight play-off seasons which had never happened in Bengals History, but then it all went downhill.  ZAC TAYLOR came in and got the Bengals into The New NFL, and in just 3 years to Super Bowl. 

Somehow you brought Bash Zac in here on an opening game prediction thread.  Rather amazing since Bengals were in Super Bowl 7 months ago.  So lets get back to TODAYS GAME.   Bengals WIN because Joe Burrow is better than whoever is replacing Big Ben. 

BENGALS WILL WIN......GO BENGALS.....GO JOE BURROW.....GO ZAC TAYLOR

Joe
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2022, 06:25 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: So you’re writing off our new O-line because they are new but think that shitshow front the steelers have this year will protect Harris well enough to control the field and the clock against our defence who will cut through em like a knife through butter.

I get that it’s the Steelers and everyone has scars from playing them, but we’ve won the last 3 in a row and it doesn’t matter if it’s tiny hands or the back up in waiting starting next Sunday, I really think we will make a statement that we’ve got no super bowl hangover.

Couldn’t have picked a better game to start with.

So what you got to say now
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 12:39 PM)kevin Wrote: You sound like you are still into the fire Zac Taylor nonsense on here in his first years here.  That ship has sailed.  It turns out Zac Taylor took the lousy team Marvin Lewis had his last years and blew it up.  Zac got rid of just about every Marvin Lewis draft pick.  It took a couple years to rebuild, but in season 3, Zac Taylor did what no coach has done for Bengals in 30 years.  He WON in Play-Offs and even got Bengals to Super Bowl.   

So if you are still bashing Zac Taylor, you are one of the few.  Most Bengals Fans are very happy the change and turnaround Zac Taylor has made to this team.  Zac Taylor gave us a team we can be proud of.  Bengals Fans waited a lot of years to be Proud of The Bengals again.   Zac Taylor turned this team into a Winner, and it didn't take him that many years to do it.  3 years is a short time to take a team from the Toilet Bowl to The Super Bowl. 

Now I give credit to Marvin Lewis for making this team better than it was in the 1990's.  Still, his last years I think he was not up to speed with the New NFL.  He got old.  His old stuff didn't work anymore.  He had the 5 straight play-off seasons which had never happened in Bengals History, but then it all went downhill.  ZAC TAYLOR came in and got the Bengals into The New NFL, and in just 3 years to Super Bowl. 

Somehow you brought Bash Zac in here on an opening game prediction thread.  Rather amazing since Bengals were in Super Bowl 7 months ago.  So lets get back to TODAYS GAME.   Bengals WIN because Joe Burrow is better than whoever is replacing Big Ben. 

BENGALS WILL WIN......GO BENGALS.....GO JOE BURROW.....GO ZAC TAYLOR

Joe
Has it? 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So what you got to say now

Hold my hands up I got it badly wrong.

I’m now qualified to be the next Bengals HC
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 05:04 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Come on you guys are going to make me do it?
100% of the posters on here picking the Bengals is the kiss of death so…

Steelers 23
Bengals 20

New O line needs more time together and Pitt is fired up after last years sweep.
They did lose to the Bears and Jets last year so there are no guarantees, right?

Great I nailed it! Don’t I feel awesome (NO!). I was the only one who picked Pitt and nailed the score so next week you all have to pick Dallas and I will take Cincy!

Early prediction:
Bengals 121
Cowboys 3
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:19 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Great I nailed it!  Don’t I feel awesome (NO!). I was the only one who picked Pitt and nailed the score so next week you all have to pick Dallas and I will take Cincy!

Early prediction:
Bengals 121
Cowboys 3

121 points scored but you still won't give the D the shutout?  It's a fantasy man, give us the shutout and two chicks at the same time for a mending Harris.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:28 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: 121 points scored but you still won't give the D the shutout?  It's a fantasy man, give us the shutout and two chicks at the same time for a mending Harris.

I just can’t…this is the best I can do:

Bengals 121
Cowboys 2

Still a shutout for the D
Reply/Quote
Steelers 23
Bengals 20

Cool
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:19 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Great I nailed it!  Don’t I feel awesome (NO!). I was the only one who picked Pitt and nailed the score so next week you all have to pick Dallas and I will take Cincy!

Early prediction:
Bengals 121
Cowboys 3

I really hope you've got that Housh-like ability to predict stuff (only in the positive to Housh's negative). ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote