Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers at Bengals Predictions
This will be four in a row. Book it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 01:57 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Bengals ran for 294 yards on the Steelers last year, with only 2 starting caliber NFL linemen. The Ravens ran for 356 yards on the Steelers last year with Lamar only playing 1 of the 2 games and playing while hurt, and none of the Ravens top 3 RBs playing.

Doesn't make THAT big of a difference.

I am sure their new DC will have a major impact.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
Bengals 34 Steelers 17. Mixon scores twice and run for 117 yards.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the Steelers will score more than 10.
So 35-7 is my guess
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24-13
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I keep coming back to 34-13 or 34-17 . Something like that. Though it could be much worse for the Steelers.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 01:10 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I keep coming back to 34-13   or  34-17 .   Something like that. Though it could be much worse for the Steelers.

I agree, so much attention has been paid to our Offense, that everyone is overlooking that our D wasn't to shabby to begin with and got better.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2022, 10:29 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I doubt Mixon goes off for 100+.Take a closer look at the Steelers D-line.This could be one of the top defenses in the league.Our O-line will be put to the ultimate test in the very first game of the season.

?

I usually agree with you Zeke but Mixon should go off for 100+ against a Defense that was terrible at stopping the run last 
season, worst in the NFL and they ignored it. Ogunjobi is a worse run stopper than BJ Hill by far and is coming off of injury 
and both him and Heyward will be going against Karras and Cappa who are clear upgrades as far as run blockers from what 
we had last season. Plus Volson is a decent run blocker, his problem so far has been pass protection.

Running the ball is the way to go in this one. We are built to beat the Steelers right now with our additions.

Just cannot have too many penalties like I mentioned in my initial post. Could happen with our new guys trying to gel.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ?

I usually agree with you Zeke but Mixon should go off for 100+ against a Defense that was terrible at stopping the run last 
season, worst in the NFL and they ignored it. Ogunjobi is a worse run stopper than BJ Hill by far and is coming off of injury 
and both him and Heyward will be going against Karras and Cappa who are clear upgrades as far as run blockers from what 
we had last season. Plus Volson is a decent run blocker, his problem so far has been pass protection.

Running the ball is the way to go in this one. We are built to beat the Steelers right now with our additions.

Just cannot have too many penalties like I mentioned in my initial post. Could happen with our new guys trying to gel.

How about Watt,and Heyward? I’m just saying,on paper,this defense overall,looks pretty impressive.But,maybe I’m giving them a little too much credit.Hoping the Bengals blow them out,but I just had them as one of those surprise teams this year,along with Miami and New England.Hoping that doesn’t happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 01:58 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: How about Watt,and Heyward? I’m just saying,on paper,this defense overall,looks pretty impressive.But,maybe I’m giving them a little too much credit.Hoping the Bengals blow them out,but I just had them as one of those surprise teams this year,along with Miami and New England.Hoping that doesn’t happen.

I could see Watt getting a Sack or two working against La'el Collins but La'el could abuse him in the running game.

Fantastic run blocking RT is La'el Collins.

Just looks like we are now built to run it all over these guys, their weakness going against our strength. Penalties are my question.

They always have the refs on their side.
Reply/Quote
With Joe: 31-13

Without Joe: 17-9

Is Joe out? Is this new news?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 02:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I could see Watt getting a Sack or two working against La'el Collins but La'el could abuse him in the running game.

Just looks like we are now built to run it all over these guys, their weakness going against our strength. Penalties are my question.

Yes

I'm one that hates to bring up the refs/bad calls in games. They're in nearly every game......BUT.

The lack of holding calls on the Steelers Oline back thru the years is just mind blowing ! We'll get a holding call killing a drive that is marginal at best. Very next drive Geno would get raped damn near tearing his jersey off.......crickets.

It's real
Reply/Quote
Remember that our much worse OL last season neutralized the Stealer DL. This line should be able to do the same. And defensively we are better than last year especially in the secondary. We should win respectably.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 06:02 AM)kevin Wrote: I only mention it because Fantasy Football has Burrow listed as questionable due to his surgery. 

If Burrow plays :  Bengals 30, Steelers 10

If Burrow doesn't play :  Bengals 13, Steelers 10....maybe....I don't think much of Bengals back-up QB, but hope they win somehow. 

[Image: cmon-dude-cmon-man.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 02:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I could see Watt getting a Sack or two working against La'el Collins but La'el could abuse him in the running game.

You can scratch that. Good teams usually have the refs on their side. Pitt isn't the same team they were a couple years ago+. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 02:07 PM)John Stofa Wrote: With Joe: 31-13

Without Joe: 17-9

Is Joe out? Is this new news?

Burrow WILL play, it is not news. Don't know why it was even a question. Kevin was looking at Fantasy Football stuff.

Burrow was tearing up the Rams in practice. He is ready to go. Might not be completely 100% but not many are.

The people that know much more about appendectomy's than I say it only takes a couple of weeks to be back like 
nothing happened. It has been longer than that for Burrow.

(09-05-2022, 02:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes

I'm one that hates to bring up the refs/bad calls in games. They're in nearly every game......BUT.

The lack of holding calls on the Steelers Oline back thru the years is just mind blowing ! We'll get a holding call killing a drive that is marginal at best. Very next drive Geno would get raped damn near tearing his jersey off.......crickets.

It's real

It is, last year they sucked and still almost had a .500 record and it was largely cause of refs and Tomlin being a good HC.

I will never count them out cause of these two things.

(09-05-2022, 02:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You can scratch that. Good teams usually have the refs on their side. Pitt isn't the same team they were a couple years ago+. 

Eh, it is different with Pitt, the only team that the refs aren't on their side when playing over the years was the Patriots 
with Brady and Belichick. They still got bad calls going their way last season when they sucked. Helped them win games 
like always.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24
steelers 20

Score looks closer than the game really is as the Bengals do a lot of ball control, and the steelers get a late score and fail to get the onside kick and Joe takes a knee to start 1-0.

F*** pittsburgh!
Reply/Quote
We're going to find out exactly what we have in our O-line.
The Steelers gonna find out The Biscuit ain't it.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
27-20 good guys. I would be surprised by another blowout win, but the Bengals are the better team and have no excuses.
Reply/Quote
Come on you guys are going to make me do it?
100% of the posters on here picking the Bengals is the kiss of death so…

Steelers 23
Bengals 20

New O line needs more time together and Pitt is fired up after last years sweep.
They did lose to the Bears and Jets last year so there are no guarantees, right?
Reply/Quote