Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers at Bengals Predictions
(09-05-2022, 05:04 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Come on you guys are going to make me do it?
100% of the posters on here picking the Bengals is the kiss of death so…

Steelers 23
Bengals 20

New O line needs more time together and Pitt is fired up after last years sweep.
They did lose to the Bears and Jets last year so there are no guarantees, right?

Isn't out of the realm of possibility if we are getting called for a bunch of penalties.

Way to be the one to get rid of the kiss of death Clark lol
Reply/Quote
Kenny 2 gloves is 3rd on their depth chart. Just what you want to see from your 1st round QB. :lol:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The new and improved offensive line eats some freaking glass and excretes steel.

Bengals - 24
Steelers - 10
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Burrow WILL play, it is not news. Don't know why it was even a question. Kevin was looking at Fantasy Football stuff.

Burrow was tearing up the Rams in practice. He is ready to go. Might not be completely 100% but not many are.

The people that know much more about appendectomy's than I say it only takes a couple of weeks to be back like 
nothing happened. It has been longer than that for Burrow.

It is, last year they sucked and still almost had a .500 record and it was largely cause of refs and Tomlin being a good HC.

I will never count them out cause of these two things.

Eh, it is different with Pitt, the only team that the refs aren't on their side when playing over the years was the Patriots 
with Brady and Belichick. They still got bad calls going their way last season when they sucked. Helped them win games 
like always.

*cough*infamous Bears PF flag end of 4th qtr*cough*
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 08:43 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: *cough*infamous Bears PF flag end of 4th qtr*cough*

Yep, nothing has changed just cause they suck. They still have the biggest bandwagon fan base of scum in the world.

And tons of them are refs and work for the NFL and are in the media.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 05:04 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Come on you guys are going to make me do it?

Steelers 23
Bengals 20

New O line needs more time together and Pitt is fired up after last years sweep.
They did lose to the Bears and Jets last year so there are no guarantees, right?

Steelers won their opener @Buffalo last year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Steelers 23
Bengals 20

P.S. You just ruined the perfect thread. Has there ever been a prediction thread where everyone picked the Bengals? I don't think so. 

Talk about KoD. People don't have any problem going on about "no injuries" but don't let everyone pick the home team!  Rant 

Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Well they say Larry O is starting, so I guess we'll find out real quick if his foot healed.
Reply/Quote
I can see this game playing out like the Raiders playoff game. I think the Steelers team this year mimics the Raiders team of last year.

26 - 19 Bengals.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 11:54 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I can see this game playing out like the Raiders playoff game. I think the Steelers team this year mimics the Raiders team of last year.

26 - 19 Bengals.

I predict the Bengals win both games against the stealers this year and Tomlin retires or is given the ax.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 11:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I predict the Bengals win both games against the stealers this year and Tomlin retires or is given the ax.

This will not happen. 

Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the league. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Well, first, let me say that the Bengals come out of this game injury free Mellow

I think it'll be closer than we think because the Steelers defense is still good and our OL and almost all of our starters haven't played a game since the Super Bowl, so there'll be some rust.

Ultimately, Joe and the boys are going to be too much for the Steeler D and we pull it out in the 4th QTR:
24-17
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
steelers are ok and could possibly pull an upset.

But don't see this happening per the Bengals are the better team and upgraded more in the off season as well.

Plus the only way to win the AFCN is by sweeping Pittsburgh who will be the cellar dwellers of the North.

The Bengals will rise to the occasion and take care of business.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 12:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This will not happen. 

Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the league. 

He may be, but Pittsburgh's fans were calling for his head last year and will be doing so again. They can't stand not being on top, it hurts their little self images....
Reply/Quote
The steelers have the best defensive player in the AFC, and IMO the best Safety in football in Fitzpatrick.

They have a formidable receiving core, and a great young back (Who we held in check very well last year)

Their O Line is a problem, and they are a year older on defense. CB's are pretty bad too.

They made the playoffs last year, albeit is bit of a fluke; they were 4-0 vs the Ravens and Browns, and 0-2 vs us.

It is hard to beat a team in the NFL 4 straight times.....so I think this is going to be a loss for us. Bounce back wk 2 v Dallas
Reply/Quote
I keep remembering people here was scared of TJ Watt last season and even that substandard unit made him disappear. With the upgrades I would expect a similar result. Weird as it is to say Trubisky if they get Good Mitch that is better than the Big Ben they had last season (if they get Bad Mitch then the game will be a laugher). But we also have a defense built to stuff the run and to handle mobile QBs which is also DEEP in the secondary.

Unless we come out really sluggish, rusty and sloppy I don't see them being able to keep up with the offense.
Reply/Quote
Bengals -34
Steelers - 13

Not sure why so many people have close scores. The steelers gonna stink this year. Their Oline looks worse than ours was last year. Trey Hendrickson going to have a career day against Dan Moore. Their corners are weak and wont be able to handle our WR's. Hard to imagine this being that close of a game.
Reply/Quote
Not even close. Our offensive line is better this season. Their defense is about the same.

Our QB won't be pressured as much because of the OL.

Their QB is worse than Ben was, even as old as he was.

Their OL is worse than ours was last year.

We stack 8 in the box.

Tomlin never has had to develop a new QB. The last vestiges of Cowher (Ben) are now all gone.

The old story of "well it's the Steelers" doesn't mean what everyone thinks it does today. Regardless of what they say, they're knee deep in a rebuild.

Bengals 38-Steelers 12
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:37 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Their QB is worse than Ben was, even as old as he was.

Trubisky may not be great, but he is better than Roethlisberger was last year.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 27 - 10
Reply/Quote