Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers at Bengals Predictions
(09-06-2022, 12:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This will not happen. 

Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the league. 

That’s what they said last year.  Belichick is one of the best coaches in the league.  This is going to be a dismal season for him.
Reply/Quote
It looks like the Stealers while not actually tanking this season are essentially doing what we did with Palmer's rookie year and not throwing Pickett in prematurely.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 01:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: It looks like the Stealers while not actually tanking this season are essentially doing what we did with Palmer's rookie year and not throwing Pickett in prematurely.

Brings up an interesting question: who is the better QB: Kitna or Trubisky? Clearly, Mitch is the better athlete, stronger arm, but Kitna was no slouch and clearly better at reading defenses.

So who would you say was the better QB who eventually lost their job to a drafted QB?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 02:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Brings up an interesting question: who is the better QB: Kitna or Trubisky? Clearly, Mitch is the better athlete, stronger arm, but Kitna was no slouch and clearly better at reading defenses.

So who would you say was the better QB who eventually lost their job to a drafted QB?

Good question. I would say Kitna. Biased, obviously. But that was such a great season. Best 8-8 season of all-time imo. There were so many ways he could have failed but he held it all together (and I'm not just talking about the end-of-game prayer circles lol). Remains to be seen whether Biscuit has that kind of maturity. 

Palmer also deserves credit for biding his time. It's not like he was waiting behind a Favre or a Montana. It was a journeyman. Yet he was more than happy to hold the clipboard and wait his turn. Amazing how patient and professional everyone was that year. Marv had a lot to do with it but I think Kitna played a key role too. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 12:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This will not happen. 

Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the league. 

That’s what they said last year.  Belichick is one of the best coaches in the league.  This is going to be a dismal season for him.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 05:37 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Not even close.  Our offensive line is better this season.  Their defense is about the same.

Our QB won't be pressured as much because of the OL.

Their QB is worse than Ben was, even as old as he was.

Their OL is worse than ours was last year.

We stack 8 in the box.

Tomlin never has had to develop a new QB.  The last vestiges of Cowher (Ben) are now all gone.

The old story of "well it's the Steelers" doesn't mean what everyone thinks it does today.  Regardless of what they say, they're knee deep in a rebuild.

Bengals 38-Steelers 12

Who is their QB coach again? This could have a lot to do with how well Pickett is developed.

Also, Ben was pretty bad last season and they upgraded their OL. Not near as much as we did, but they did.

I could see a score similar to what you say here if Hochuli wasn't the ref and they called it fair but he won't.

It will be closer than that pretty sure just cause of the no calls and bad calls Hochuli and the refs make.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 12:59 PM)740Bengal Wrote: No, just Zac Taylor average at best. If you don't agree you are not watching the games from an analytical view. 

No I know a NFL HC and OC and they rave about him. And McVay was seriously thinking about taking the MNF gig and LA wanted Taylor but Mike Brown sewed him up at 8 million for 5 years
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:54 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Bengals -34
Steelers - 13

Not sure why so many people have close scores.  The steelers gonna stink this year.  Their Oline looks worse than ours was last year.  Trey Hendrickson going to have a career day against Dan Moore.  Their corners are weak and wont be able to handle our WR's.  Hard to imagine this being that close of a game.

I agree. I don't think this game will be particularly close. We destroyed them last seaon and we've improved more than they have. I think your score is pretty much spot on.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
24-10

The score looks closer than what it will be.

We’ll give up points on the 1st drive then we’ll shut them out until the 4th where they score a late TD but it will never really be close. Then we’ll score a TD in garbage time.

Stars of the game will be Tyler Boyd and DJ Reader(For his job on Najee)
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 12:59 PM)740Bengal Wrote: No, just Zac Taylor average at best. If you don't agree you are not watching the games from an analytical view. 

And that's why you do what you do and Zac does what he does...
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 01:45 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I agree. I don't think this game will be particularly close. We destroyed them last seaon and we've improved more than they have. I think your score is pretty much spot on.

I think like LA the Bengals lack of first team playing in the preseason, Lael Collins little work and Burrow’s and rustiness the offense starts slow. I also think usually first games in the entire league start slow will limit some things. I’m still predicting 23-14
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I’m expecting some headhunting from the opposing team to be brushed off as hard nosed old school football
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 02:13 PM)tms Wrote: Good question. I would say Kitna. Biased, obviously. But that was such a great season. Best 8-8 season of all-time imo. There were so many ways he could have failed but he held it all together (and I'm not just talking about the end-of-game prayer circles lol). Remains to be seen whether Biscuit has that kind of maturity. 

Palmer also deserves credit for biding his time. It's not like he was waiting behind a Favre or a Montana. It was a journeyman. Yet he was more than happy to hold the clipboard and wait his turn. Amazing how patient and professional everyone was that year. Marv had a lot to do with it but I think Kitna played a key role too. 

clearly it is Mitch when you look at their stats and records... Kitna in 7 seasons that he pretty much was the start his best season was 8-7 no playoffs overall record in those seasons was 40-63  Mitch has 4 years starting with a 29-21 record, and two trips to playoffs..  Nothing against Kitna was a warrior as a backup but Trubisky has been a better starter
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 10:28 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Bengals in a close game.

23-20

Yup. Sounds about right.

Then following the win….

All the ensuing commentary about the Bengals “being just kinda decent” this year and “no way they get through the 2nd half of the season w/o being decimated in the W-L column” and “you know what the stats say about all of those teams the year following the SB”.

Given their schedule, this year will not be for the faint of heart.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 07:39 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yup. Sounds about right.

Then following the win….

All the ensuing commentary about the Bengals “being just kinda decent” this year and “no way they get through the 2nd half of the season w/o being decimated in the W-L column” and “you know what the stats say about all of those teams the year following the SB”.

Given their schedule, this year will not be for the faint of heart.

No, it was a "FLUKE" win......
Reply/Quote
First game and it’s against the Steelers. No way to predict that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
OK, Steelers will bring a tough Defense to the game with Watt, Highsmith, Ogunjobi, Heyward

But Bengals bring AFC Champ Super Bowl Defense to the game also, with play-off star Henderson

Both have good runners, pass catchers, kickers

However I would put Joe Burrow way above whoever is replacing Big Ben at the helm.

So Joe Burrow makes the HUGE difference in this game. BENGALS WIN

For years it was The Steelers who had the Star Quarterback, NOW it is THE BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Tiger

Pitt Sux
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
So the difference in this game will be the guy in my picture holding Heisman trophy, who also held NCAA Championship trophy, who also held Bengals AFC Championship trophy

This Guy

JoeJoeJoeJoe

BENGALS GO WITH JOE and WIN THIS GAME

Who Dey Tiger Who Dey
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 04:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who is their QB coach again? This could have a lot to do with how well Pickett is developed.

Also, Ben was pretty bad last season and they upgraded their OL. Not near as much as we did, but they did.

I could see a score similar to what you say here if Hochuli wasn't the ref and they called it fair but he won't.

It will be closer than that pretty sure just cause of the no calls and bad calls Hochuli and the refs make.

I get it.  But, Ben knew that offense.  He directed it with ease.  I remember a few good plays here and there with Trubisky while with the Bears.  NOthing really stood out to me.  I know he’s got some wheels, but is in no way close to Lamar Jackson or Mahomes.

My point, Ben may have been declining physically.  But, he could make that offense sing because of his familiarity with it.  Trubisky?  Wouldn’t place a bet on him being the leader Ben was.

Steelers are trying their dangedest to get a rise out of the Bengals with what they’re saying in public (even Ben took a shot at us).  Bottom line, best I can tell, BEngals don’t care.  Taylor has had this team flying above that radar, and focusing them on the game and not the garbage coming out of PIttsburgh.  They’re off doing their business and not getting involved in all of that.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2022, 01:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: And that's why you do what you do and Zac does what he does...

Yeah because I didn't marry into NFL royalty and have my Daddy in law get me a job. 
Reply/Quote