Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers troll Burrow.
Another classy display by Steeler players:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/11/17/steelers-defenders-troll-joe-burrow-on-instagram-following-blowout-of-bengals/24694840/
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 05:06 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Another classy display by Steeler players:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/11/17/steelers-defenders-troll-joe-burrow-on-instagram-following-blowout-of-bengals/24694840/

Joe will put his head down, work harder and start to take chunks out of them.

They won't be talking shit after another game or two.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Nelson I'd never heard of her. The funny part is the same guy who trolled him is the same guy Higgins beat twice.
Reply/Quote
I ****** hate the steelers?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 05:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Joe will put his head down, work harder and start to take chunks out of them.

Yup, didn't even acknowledge the questionable shove by DuPree. Said he "might've given me a boost, but it was nothing."

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Incredibly stupid move by this guy. No joke, if I'm Mike Tomlin, I'm calling him into my office and absolutely ripping him into shreds.

You do not, I repeat, you do NOT give a decent young QB bulletin board material. It's like giving Popeye spinach.

Have these clowns not seen this movie before? Do you how many stories exist about great QB's feeding off of comments and events like these for YEARS?

Dan Patrick has a whole segment he does on his show where he'll bring up negative things that were written or said about guys when they were young, and repeats them back to the guy on his show. Almost all of them already have made mental notes and remember the digs. Hell, Drew Brees was given an old one he hadn't never heard before, and he actually asked for the paper Dan Patrick was holding, so he could add it to his collection of things he hangs up in his locker.

S-T-U-P-I-D!. The last thing you want to is to give an already insanely competitive guy like Joe Burrow another reason to work harder, to prove you wrong, or give him more motivation to kick your ass the next time you play.

Even if you think all of the above is overstated (It's not, professional athletes are freaks when it comes to this type of stuff), it such a classless comment. You're an 9-0 a team who just beat a 2-6-1 team with a rookie QB. Can't the win be enough?
Reply/Quote
I didn't even look at what was said/done and fudge the Steelers, but meh they've won 11 in a row against us, they're 19-3 against us since we swept them in 2009, and the last time we beat them Joe Burrow was in high school.

Nothing they say or do could hurt more than the on the field reality ont his one.  Just my two cents, but hell it's a shame Burrow didn't grow up a diehard Bengals fan because he'd have his entire life worth of seething hatred for the Steelers.  But much like Jaws IV, this time it's personal, so who knows.

EDIT - I'm sure I sound like a downer here, but I thought one of the biggest perks of Burrow was that the guy just freebased winning and he was completely immune to the psychological aspects of football.  He shouldn't need to be mocked by the Steelers for him to realize that he's got to play HOF-level football against them...but hey, here's hoping the guy makes beating the Steelers the main focus of his life.  I'll take it! As I've said before, Burrow's the man who is going to have to drag this franchise kicking and screaming towards relevance.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 05:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Incredibly stupid move by this guy. No joke, if I'm Mike Tomlin, I'm calling him into my office and absolutely ripping him into shreds.

You do not, I repeat, you do NOT give a decent young QB bulletin board material. It's like giving Popeye spinach.

Have these clowns not seen this movie before? Do you how many stories exist about great QB's feeding off of comments and events like these for YEARS?

Dan Patrick has a whole segment he does on his show where he'll bring up negative things that were written or said about guys when they were young, and repeats them back to the guy on his show. Almost all of them already have made mental notes and remember the digs. Hell, Drew Brees was given an old one he hadn't never heard before, and he actually asked for the paper Dan Patrick was holding, so he could add it to his collection of things he hangs up in his locker.

S-T-U-P-I-D!. The last thing you want to is to give an already insanely competitive guy like Joe Burrow another reason to work harder, to prove you wrong, or give him more motivation to kick your ass the next time you play.

Even if you think all of the above is overstated (It's not, professional athletes are freaks when it comes to this type of stuff), it such a classless comment. You're an 9-0 a team who just beat a 2-6-1 team with a rookie QB. Can't the win be enough?

It's all pre-draft notes, that's it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
There's nothing that can be done about it (and they know). Bengals will take it and like it or beg for mercy that they won't get. Burfict isn't coming back.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Even at 2-6-1, the Bengals are in the Steelers heads.

Was it Dupree or Watt that went up against a 6th round rookie tackle playing in his 2nd game??

Dupree needs to get on his knees and service TJ Watt, because since Watt joined them, he’s been taking a lot of the opposing team’s focus.
Reply/Quote
Not much that can be said about it. The Steelers have such a dominating history over this team that they can pretty much say anything that they like. It won't stop until the start losing.
Reply/Quote
Burrow played better against them than Lamar or Mayfield did this season. Enjoy it while it lasts assholes. This division will look very different in a year or two.

Reply/Quote
Bet Burrow reads this and remembers it.

Bet next game will be a bit more competitive
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 05:56 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Was it Dupree or Watt that went up against a 6th round rookie tackle playing in his 2nd game??

That was Dupree. Watt went up against our new guard who has been here two minutes and got pushed out to RT because everyone else was injured. Neither one of them has room to talk.... Dupree, I liked at UK before Pissburgh ruined him. I suspect Watt has always been a douche living off his brother's fame.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 05:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This division will look very different in a year or two.

I think we've been saying that since 03.

The distance between the Bengals and the top two teams of the Division is going to take close to a decade to close. To think we are going to be competitive in this division in a year or two is ignoring everything your gut is telling you as well as the way these games have gone. And the fact that many era's have continued to wet the bed against the Steelers. No matter the player, qb, or coaches.

Reply/Quote
The Steelers think the Bengals organization is trash and not worthy of respect.

They have a lot of history to support those opinions.

They are also shared by a lot of people who post on this board.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 06:35 PM)bengals67 Wrote: The Steelers think the Bengals organization is trash and not worthy of respect.

They have a lot of history to support those opinions.

They are also shared by a lot of people who post on this board.

Im sure when we beat the Steelers 11 times in a row we are going to be respectful as hell towards their craptastic team. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 06:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Im sure when we beat the Steelers 11 times in a row we are going to be respectful as hell towards their craptastic team. 

Not just beat them, but humiliate them. 

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 07:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not just beat them, but humiliate them. 

Someday we will be better than them, but even then we won't have any better insults for them than "Your QB is a rapist!" so what's the point?   Well, unless their next QB is a sex offender, too.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 05:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Joe will put his head down, work harder and start to take chunks out of them.

I'd say 3-4 games is more realistic. This defense and o-line aren't going to be good enough to realistically contain the Steelers this season, and possibly not early next season. Hopefully, by the second game against them in 2021, three games from now, they'll have enough talent and chemistry to put the hurt on them. They'll need a good off-season & draft and for most everyone to actually stay healthy though.

I do see a light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in years, I just think second half of 2021 is where we see the start of the real payoff.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not at all down on the prospects of this team or Burrow. It's more a function of the fact that just winning a game against them won't shut them up. They need to be beaten soundly. For that type of win there's a good bit of work to still be done on both sides of the ball, but it's coming soon.
Reply/Quote