Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King wants to know what "sub groups" contributed as much as Whites have
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/18/rep-steve-king-wonders-what-sub-groups-besides-whites-made-contributions-to-civilization/

In response to a comment about angry white people at the convention, King said:

Quote:"This 'old white people' business does get a little tired, Charlie," King said. "I'd ask you to go back through history and figure out, where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you're talking about, where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?"

He was asked "than white people?" and responded:

Quote:"Than, than Western civilization itself," King replied. "It's rooted in Western Europe, Eastern Europe and the United States of America and every place where the footprint of Christianity settled the world. That's all of Western civilization."
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I think George Washington Carver invented peanut butter.
--------------------------------------------------------

Astronomy, mathematics, paper, gunpowder, the compass
(07-19-2016, 02:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Astronomy, mathematics, paper, gunpowder, the compass

Galileo was white (Astronomy), and mathematics was invented by the ancient Greeks, who are presumably white (but no one knows for sure).

Paper, gunpowder, and the compass was all invented by those crafty Asians. Chinese to be specific.
(07-19-2016, 02:05 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Galileo was white (Astronomy),

You think Galileo invented astronomy? Hilarious Hilarious
(07-19-2016, 02:05 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: mathematics was invented by the ancient Greeks.

No they were not.

The oldest mathematical texts are from the Egyptians.

The number system we used today is Hindu-Arabic.
Algebra is totally a white word.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

White people couldn't even invent the zero.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I invented the wheel. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(07-19-2016, 10:29 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I invented the wheel. 

I think these guys actually did....

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Did anyone let Mr King know that race is a social construct?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

White people contributed 2 world wars!
(07-19-2016, 10:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Did anyone let Mr King know that race is a social construct?

Yes, but he insists that white people created it.

Mellow

[Image: a76a94f891cd54251a81c40d770812a2.jpg]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-19-2016, 02:05 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Galileo was white (Astronomy)

Galileo was 3,000 years or so after the Babylonians and Central American tribes started recording celestial events. Muslims accounted for a lot of what we know, at least from an observation standpoint. They were some of the first to write down what was going on in the sky, and to translate from other languages so that it wasn't lost. Unfortunately, many of those manuscripts were lost or burnt during invasions by Crusaders and Mongols.
(07-19-2016, 02:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Astronomy, mathematics, paper, gunpowder, the compass

Sooooooooooooooooo, 5 things. Whites (and let's be honest here, white males) created everything else in the world, in the history of the world? I can live with that.  ThumbsUp
Weren't Babylonians white?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-19-2016, 11:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Weren't Babylonians white?

Sumerian, not Babylonian.

Sorry, just re-watched the original Ghostbusters movie last night so I got a lot of the quotes in the forefront of my mind.

They were Semitic. They were also a culture and not a race, but going by regions a Babylonian could have varied in features. Most were probably what someone would lump in as Middle Eastern (dark hair, dark skin).

They were semitic people from the middle east. And here is exactly what King said " "It's rooted in Western Europe, Eastern Europe and the United States of America and every place where the footprint of Christianity settled the world. That's all of Western civilization."

I wonder if King thinks Jesus was a white man?
I know people aren't actually sitting here trying to put together a scorecard....SMH.