Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King wants to know what "sub groups" contributed as much as Whites have
To be fair, he said Western and Eastern Europeans, but it was in response to the comments "old white people".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-19-2016, 11:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: I know people aren't actually sitting here trying to put together a scorecard....SMH.

And no surprises in which members are rushing to defend King.
It's hard to imagine why Trump is seeing numbers as low as 0% among black voters in Ohio polls.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-19-2016, 11:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They were semitic people from the middle east. And here is exactly what King said " "It's rooted in Western Europe, Eastern Europe and the United States of America and every place where the footprint of Christianity settled the world. That's all of Western civilization."

I wonder if King thinks Jesus was a white man?
He thinks he was a white Christian.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Is it wrong that I read this whole thread thinking it was about Stephen King?
[Image: STEPHEN-KING-1.jpg]

I only just now clicked on the link and was like ... Oops. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]
(07-19-2016, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And no surprises in which members are rushing to defend King.

...or condemn him. I was merely trying to assertain whether his comments had any validity.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-19-2016, 11:09 AM)Benton Wrote: They were Semitic. They were also a culture and not a race, but going by regions a Babylonian could have varied in features. Most were probably what someone would lump in as Middle Eastern (dark hair, dark skin).

aka Caucasian.

(07-19-2016, 12:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: aka Caucasian.

Not according to King for the basis of this discussion. He specifically limited his supply of "white people" to be from " Western Europe, Eastern Europe and the United States of America and every place where the footprint of Christianity settled the world"

Don't see any way the Babylonians would be included in that.
(07-19-2016, 12:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: aka Caucasian.

Caucasian is someone of European descent.

Most of your Semitic peoples came from the Fertile Crescent — North Africa, Western Asia and the Middle East. That gets blurry a little with the assimilation of other cultures over the years.
(07-19-2016, 12:47 PM)Benton Wrote: Caucasian is someone of European descent.

Most of your Semitic peoples came from the Fertile Crescent — North Africa, Western Asia and the Middle East. That gets blurry a little with the assimilation of other cultures over the years.

It only gets blurry if we wish to make it blurry.

(07-19-2016, 12:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It only gets blurry if we wish to make it blurry.

Not blury at all.  King specifically excluded the Babylonians with his comments.

"Western Europe, Eastern Europe and the United States of America and every place where the footprint of Christianity settled the world"

No one who understands anything about politics would think that middle easteners are included in the "old white people" that control the Republican Party.
(07-19-2016, 12:47 PM)Benton Wrote: Caucasian is someone of European descent.

Specifically from the Caucasus Mountain region where they first appeared.

To be fair, I think that mountain range runs thru Georgia.... Which is in the US..... Ninja face!

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-19-2016, 12:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It only gets blurry if we wish to make it blurry.

I apologize if I misunderstood your comment.

Were you admitting that you were intentionally trying to make it blury in order to defend Kings comments?
(07-19-2016, 01:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not blury at all.  King specifically excluded the Babylonians with his comments.

"Western Europe, Eastern Europe and the United States of America and every place where the footprint of Christianity settled the world"

No one who understands anything about politics would think that middle easteners are included in the "old white people" that control the Republican Party.

He ignored you the first time for a reason. 

Native Mexicans invented genetic engineering with their creation of corn. And without corn we wouldnt have so much obesity. Or ya know starvation and hunger.
(07-19-2016, 01:02 PM)jason Wrote: Specifically from the Caucasus Mountain region where they first appeared.

To be fair, I think that mountain range runs thru Georgia.... Which is in the US..... Ninja face!

There's still some debate there among anthropologists. Which would make for a good thread.

Some think they came from that region; others think different tribes came out of the fertile crescent with the lighter skinned people going north and darker skinned people going south. That line of thinking was that we were mostly more similar to a Middle Eastern appearance until we started migrating out.
(07-19-2016, 02:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Astronomy, mathematics, paper, gunpowder, the compass

Astronomy was used in 30,000 BC by using bone carvings to keep track of phases of the moon.
Mathematics was first used in Africa in 35,000 BC and was used to keep tallys notched on bones.
A form of Paper was created in Ancient Egypt but the Chinese actually are credited with creating "paper" in 105 AD.
Gunpowder was discovered by the Chinese in 850 AD.
Compass was created by the Chinese in 206 BC.

So 2 1/2 are African and 2 1/2 are Chinese.....
The internet was created by the whitest guy in history.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-19-2016, 02:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The internet was created by the whitest guy in history.

[Image: 3Slwrrr.jpg]

(07-19-2016, 10:56 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Sooooooooooooooooo, 5 things. Whites (and let's be honest here, white males) created everything else in the world, in the history of the world? I can live with that.  ThumbsUp

Gee, if I didn't know any better I'd assume white males had some sort of head start where minorities and women weren't granted access to education that white males were...hmm...you might be onto something here.

(07-19-2016, 02:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The internet was created by the whitest guy in history.

All joking aside, COBOL, which is apparently some super important programming language in relation to the internet among other things, was in great part developed by Art Garfunkel's brother.  I guess it depends on how "white" a Jewish guy can be, but Artie did do a pretty whitebread cover of When a Man Loves a Woman, so hmm....

[Image: 5693.jpg]