Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Style over Substance
(04-30-2021, 05:21 PM)Snapcount Wrote: iI am hoping you are right. Personally i would have hoped for, to beef up "the secret service", before getting new "jets" !

It’s really important to have a strategy each year when you draft because they are so different. When they looked at the depth of talent at these 2 positions, the offensive line depth runs much deeper than what the bengals were looking for, which was a true #1 WR. Look at the receivers now, the 2 that people are looking at has had a bunch of injuries and one that looks like a potentially good receiver. The top 5 drafters in the 2nd, how many of those teams are looking for a receiver? How many are looking to draft offensive line?

There are at least 14 offensive linemen who are capable of starting day 1 for the bengals in the 2nd alone.

The receivers, outside Elijah and Rondale Moore and Terrace Marshall who is sliding because of injuries, might be #1, but probably better as #2 or 3 guys, Tee Higgins is a good player, but really only a fringe #1or a low end #1. He will be an elite #2, and Chase is already our best receiver right now, think about that.

This is how I felt about the pick for about a month. You gotta understand I really wanted Sewell, however the drop off at receiver is steep after Toney and Bateman. It’s a pill I swallowed a while ago and understood the rationale.

But tonight? Tonight I hope to add 600lbs of mass to our team, and hopefully cut a few terrible linemen afterwards
(04-30-2021, 05:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So right now you think Burrow is prime Andy Dalton...and to unlock his true potential, he needs to be surrounded with elite weapons? I really didn't want to argue after the draft, but this seems kinda silly. Like people are just making this stuff up as they go. So after a few years with Chase/Higgins/Boyd/Mixon, will it be safe to let a couple of those guys go? After Burrow reaches his ultimate form? LOL

I just can't let go of the fact that for YEARS we were saying Dalton was trash because he needed all these weapons.

"We need an elite QB who will elevate his teammates". How many times did we hear that?

If Burrow ain't that dude, why did we even take him 1OA? That is a legit question. Even Dalton looked MVP caliber when the team was awesome.

I never called Andy Dalton trash so you'll have to take that up with them. The whole evevate the guys around him was dumb then, and it's dumb to expect Joe to do it. It was dumb to hear how he threw guys open at LSU too.

In a coupla years we will have to let some of those guys go. Why worry about that? Win now. Joe Burrow probably will be that dude... But numbers are numbers. A lot of QBs were better than him last year. He was a rookie. It's to be expected. He seems like an elite person, but he ain't there on the field... Yet.

Help is more than just weapons too. He need O line help. That's arriving in a few hours. I'm hopin' for Jenkins. He needs defensive help. He needs better coaching. He needs help to be the best player he can be.

Tom Brady needs help. He looked like poo the tail end of his last season in New England, and he had the best defense in the league that year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(04-30-2021, 05:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So right now you think Burrow is prime Andy Dalton...and to unlock his true potential, he needs to be surrounded with elite weapons? I really didn't want to argue after the draft, but this seems kinda silly. Like people are just making this stuff up as they go. So after a few years with Chase/Higgins/Boyd/Mixon, will it be safe to let a couple of those guys go? After Burrow reaches his ultimate form? LOL

I just can't let go of the fact that for YEARS we were saying Dalton was trash because he needed all these weapons.

"We need an elite QB who will elevate his teammates". How many times did we hear that?

If Burrow ain't that dude, why did we even take him 1OA? That is a legit question. Even Dalton looked MVP caliber when the team was awesome.

Well, to answer your question, I think many view 2015 as a bit of an outlier in Dalton’s career, whereas with Burrow we’ll expect him to consistently be at that level.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(04-30-2021, 07:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, to answer your question, I think many view 2015 as a bit of an outlier in Dalton’s career, whereas with Burrow we’ll expect him to consistently be at that level.

I wouldn't expect any QB to perform well behind the Bengals line for the last 3-4 years.
A bit early for the knee-jerk threads hating on Chase. I was team Sewell since before it was a thing, and I'm happy to have Chase as a Bengal. He's going to be good, really good.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(04-30-2021, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A bit early for the knee-jerk threads hating on Chase.  I was team Sewell since before it was a thing, and I'm happy to have Chase as a Bengal.  He's going to be good, really good.

This, as usual with my bro Sunset.
(04-30-2021, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A bit early for the knee-jerk threads hating on Chase. I was team Sewell since before it was a thing, and I'm happy to have Chase as a Bengal. He's going to be good, really good.

Yep... I would've been ok with Sewell. I like Slater better, but whatever. **** both of 'em now. Hope they bust.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(04-30-2021, 09:15 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I hope you Team Chase people are happy.

Oh, how quickly you all forgot. Mark my words. Last night will be considered the worst draft pick from the Bengals in the last 10 years.

lulz

ur silly

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Holey moley. 8 pages. I ain't reading all this silly shit.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(04-30-2021, 09:50 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Are they? 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2941860-nfl-draft-2021-round-1-grades-for-every-pick

They gave Miami an A AND the Bengals an F for doing the exact same thing.  Both teams desperately need help with the Oline so both grades can't be correct..
Bleacher report must be trying to get gigs as comedians..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

The Team.Sewell.Honks act like they have been.violated
Because Chase was the pick.at 5.
Some of them may be scarred for life.
What was the Dickens.novel that started out "it was the best
Of times...it was the worst of times......."
They need to.stop the tears of tiger fans and graduate to
"The cheers of Tiger Fans"
Penei isnt a Cincy Bengal. Get over it.life goes on
(04-30-2021, 09:15 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I hope you Team Chase people are happy.

Oh, how quickly you all forgot. Mark my words. Last night will be considered the worst draft pick from the Bengals in the last 10 years.

If you'd rather be right than see your team win you kinda suck as a fan. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
(04-30-2021, 11:24 PM)Cicero Wrote: If you'd rather be right than see your team win you kinda suck as a fan. 

Even worse when he's wrong...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(04-30-2021, 11:24 PM)Cicero Wrote: If you'd rather be right than see your team win you kinda suck as a fan. 

I pray that i'm wrong but...

When have I ever been wrong man? When?