Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Style over Substance
(04-30-2021, 11:04 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Probably.  But I could see Bengals skipping OL round 2 for a studly or elite defensive player.  

But what we as fans are seeing is dichotomy cognitive distortions.  Polarized thinking, All or nothing, (no, not Amazon Prime) thinking.  Meaning, Bengals draft Sewell or Slater or they get their QB killed again.  No nuance.  No critical thinking analysis or objectively weighing facts.  

This is has become emotional reasoning exercise. 

Onwenu, was a player I liked.  Big bodied.  slow feet.  Picked by NEP 6th round.  Rated by PFF as top 10 OL player.  6th round.   

I can assure you everything I say is authentic. 
(04-30-2021, 11:21 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Ima mark this post and get back wit chu tomorrow. 

You'll come around to my takes. They always do.

Ima mark this post and get back wit chu when Chase scores his 10th td this coming season..... Hilarious
(04-30-2021, 11:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ima mark this post and get back wit chu when Chase scores his 10th td this coming season..... Hilarious

Sig bet that he doesn't break 7? 
An ACTUAL NFL analyst and not some Bleacher Report fan blogger...

Winners and Losers
Quote:The LSU Bengals: Tackle Penei Sewell was still on the board when the Bengals picked fifth overall, but that doesn't diminish my love of their ultimate selection of LSU receiver Ja'Marr Chase. It's not all about the connection between QB Joe Burrow (last year's No. 1 overall pick) and Chase, his former college teammate, although that doesn't hurt. It's about how special a prospect Chase is.

I'd argue there hasn't been as complete and revered a wideout prospect since Julio Jones in 2011. Sewell is a nice player, too, but he is not at that level, regardless of positional value. And it's not like the Bengals have ignored tackle! They drafted Jonah Williams No. 11 overall in 2019 and signed Riley Reiff, a solid enough NFL starter, this offseason. They will surely add to the offensive line later in a deep draft at the position.

This should be the most exciting Bengals offense since Chad Ochocinco, T.J. Houshmandzadeh and Chris Henry were catching passes from Carson Palmer. Last year's second-round pick, Tee Higgins, is an incredible deep threat and already plays like a star. Tyler Boyd is one of the best slot receivers in the league. I can't think of a more promising young receiver trio.
(04-30-2021, 11:29 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: An ACTUAL NFL analyst and not some Bleacher Report fan blogger...

Winners and Losers

Who's going to call the defense? :) js haha sorry had to go there lol
(04-30-2021, 10:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Love it. Ofc people here are already calling him a “diva” for it though...

Let them....They called Chad a diva, but he backed it up.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-30-2021, 11:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Let them....They called Chad a diva, but he backed it up.  

If i remember right thought Chad didnt really talk shit until he accomplished something in the league. 

Maybe I'm wrong.  However, if Chase comes in and is All Rookie, makes the Pro Bowl his rookie year he's welcome to talk all the shit he wants as long as the team is winning.  
(04-30-2021, 11:04 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Probably.  But I could see Bengals skipping OL round 2 for a studly or elite defensive player.  

But what we as fans are seeing is dichotomy cognitive distortions.  Polarized thinking, All or nothing, (no, not Amazon Prime) thinking.  Meaning, Bengals draft Sewell or Slater or they get their QB killed again.  No nuance.  No critical thinking analysis or objectively weighing facts.  

This is has become emotional reasoning exercise. 

Onwenu, was a player I liked.  Big bodied.  slow feet.  Picked by NEP 6th round.  Rated by PFF as top 10 OL player.  6th round.   

I will admit to a bout of catastrophizing, and a dalliance with an adjustment disorder. LOL  Many things are at play here, the Bengals lack of success and highly questionable decision making skills have created a negative core belief that won't be easily swayed for many among us.  Then the league seems to be in the midst of sea change in team building approach. Is the old trenches first mentality going away? Is outside in the new way to build around a young QB? Seeing the Bengals be near the forefront in the latter, accompanied by another poor quality team with similar needs, like the Dolphins did not provide much reassurance. Compared to a team such as the Browns who have hit their stride, not at the acquisition of OBJ, but when they elevated their O-line to a top of the league ranking it seems to still reinforce the old approach.  It is certainly going to be interesting times ahead.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

(04-30-2021, 11:46 AM)TJ528 Wrote: If i remember right thought Chad didnt really talk shit until he accomplished something in the league. 

Maybe I'm wrong.  However, if Chase comes in and is All Rookie, makes the Pro Bowl his rookie year he's welcome to talk all the shit he wants as long as the team is winning.  

Good point.  But I like his confidence and the fact that he sets the bar high for himself. 
(04-30-2021, 09:15 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I hope you Team Chase people are happy.

Oh, how quickly you all forgot. Mark my words. Last night will be considered the worst draft pick from the Bengals in the last 10 years.

John Ross
Oh-boy-he
Those are pretty high bars.
(04-30-2021, 11:47 AM)Burma Wrote: I will admit to a bout of catastrophizing, and a dalliance with an adjustment disorder. LOL  Many things are at play here, the Bengals lack of success and highly questionable decision making skills have created a negative core belief that won't be easily swayed for many among us.  Then the league seems to be in the midst of sea change in team building approach. Is the old trenches first mentality going away? Is outside in the new way to build around a young QB? Seeing the Bengals be near the forefront in the latter, accompanied by another poor quality team with similar needs, like the Dolphins did not provide much reassurance. Compared to a team such as the Browns who have hit their stride, not at the acquisition of OBJ, but when they elevated their O-line to a top of the league ranking it seems to still reinforce the old approach.  It is certainly going to be interesting times ahead.

What people just need to get over is there was no "wrong" pick here. Picking Sewell was the right move for certain reasons. Picking Chase was the right mover for certain reasons. Picking Pitts would have been the right move for certain reasons. All this "Burrow's dead now" nonsense is just butthurt on overload because someone's favored player was not the pick.
(04-30-2021, 11:46 AM)TJ528 Wrote: If i remember right thought Chad didnt really talk shit until he accomplished something in the league

Chad to Marvin in 2003 training camp...

“I want to be one of the greatest to ever play this game. I want to be better than (Jerry) Rice. Y’all gotta help me,”

(04-30-2021, 11:47 AM)Burma Wrote: I will admit to a bout of catastrophizing, and a dalliance with an adjustment disorder. LOL  Many things are at play here, the Bengals lack of success and highly questionable decision making skills have created a negative core belief that won't be easily swayed for many among us.  Then the league seems to be in the midst of sea change in team building approach. Is the old trenches first mentality going away? Is outside in the new way to build around a young QB? Seeing the Bengals be near the forefront in the latter, accompanied by another poor quality team with similar needs, like the Dolphins did not provide much reassurance. Compared to a team such as the Browns who have hit their stride, not at the acquisition of OBJ, but when they elevated their O-line to a top of the league ranking it seems to still reinforce the old approach.  It is certainly going to be interesting times ahead.
I can't argue with you here.  Not convinced Brownies believe Baker is their guy.  But that OL sure covers up a lot of sins, similarly, how Burrow covered up the sins of poor OL play  and coaching decisions last year.  

On side note, are you saying Bengals fans have Adjustment Disorder with mixed emotional features? Hmm
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

(04-30-2021, 11:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: What people just need to get over is there was no "wrong" pick here. Picking Sewell was the right move for certain reasons. Picking Chase was the right mover for certain reasons. Picking Pitts would have been the right move for certain reasons. All this "Burrow's dead now" nonsense is just butthurt on overload because someone's favored player was not the pick.

Yeah, I agree with Willie:

(04-30-2021, 11:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chad to Marvin in 2003 training camp...

“I want to be one of the greatest to ever play this game. I want to be better than (Jerry) Rice. Y’all gotta help me,”

Chad to Marvin at 4:45am on the telephone..... "Hey coach, I'm open"   Gotta just love that man.
(04-30-2021, 11:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chad to Marvin in 2003 training camp...

Okay so i was incorrect.  However, in Chad's first press conference with the media those were his first words. 

If i'm also correct Chad had been in the NFL 2 years if these were the words spoken to Marvin Lewis. k 

Just sayin.  Come in, do your job, and be the best.  
It's kind of sad Bengals fans will pick apart a 21 year old kid for saying he's going to break all the club records, in an effort to tear him down to show their choice was better. I hope he does it.
(04-30-2021, 11:53 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I can't argue with you here.  Not convinced Brownies believe Baker is their guy.  But that OL sure covers up a lot of sins, similarly, how Burrow covered up the sins of poor OL play  and coaching decisions last year.  

On side note, are you saying Bengals fans have Adjustment Disorder with mixed emotional features? Hmm

LOL throwing trash on Carson's lawn could indicate that.  But the duration, I'm not sure on. Or is just being a fan the actual stressor, and that hasn't ceased yet.

Regardless, I think many of us do need help.  Perhaps we can meet up in Peru for an ayahuasca retreat.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Wait, there are people out there that didn't like Chase's comments about breaking Chad's and AJ's records?

'Kay.
Everything in this post is my fault.
(04-30-2021, 11:55 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I agree with Willie:

That is very powerful coming from the man who supposedly still has and/or has had serious issues with the FO in the past.  I'm kinda shocked actually, which makes this very powerful.  

Good take from Willie!  Let's support the team and ENJOY the draft process.  I will regardless, but I hope the Team Sewell folks find their happy as well.