Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Style over Substance
(04-30-2021, 10:39 AM)Beaker Wrote: Dolphins were 6, Lions were 7.

Got it.

When did the lolphins get an early pick? 
(04-30-2021, 10:40 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Got it.

Houston's back to SF up to PHI
LMAO the drama on this board is like listening to a group of schoolgirls when one of them gets dumped Cry life is over!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-30-2021, 10:40 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Got it.

Miami originally had the 3rd pick. Traded that to SF and went back to 12. Then traded with Philly to move from 12 to 6.
Personally...

I dont care how "bad" other teams O-line is, and how they are taking care of their business. What i know, is that Bengals O-line reminded me of a house of cards last year.

Taking a O-line dude isnt sexy in the first round, but sexy is not what the team needs. The team need to protect their first asset. Whitout him nothing gets done.

Quality always costs !

P.s

I hope the Chase pick works.
(04-30-2021, 10:39 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Bengals have found more gems at key positions than the Browns have. That's why the Browns losing doesn't seem as unfathomable as the Bengals losing.

Your right the Bengals have found more gems at key positions than the Browns have.  However, the Browns don't have near as many 1st round bust in the NFL draft as the Bengals do. 
(04-30-2021, 10:31 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Well the Bengals are like the Lions with their love for the QB's and WR in the draft because they sell jersey, which nets them $$$$. 

It's always about the mighty dollar when it comes to this team. 

What professional team does not want to make money?  You can want to sell jersey AND win.  Mike Brown is still involved.  I think Mike is better at judging skilled positions than trenches but I am certain that he doesn't know how to win.  Things are changing, Bengals social media and fan reach has certainly changed.  Yes, they want to fill stadium.  What team doesn't?  

Bengals spent record FA over the last two years.  Not in past.  They still need practice bubble, they screwed good people of Hamilton with stadium, but things are changing.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

(04-30-2021, 10:45 AM)Snapcount Wrote: Personally...

I dont care how "bad" other teams O-line is, and how they are taking care of their business. What i know, is that Bengals O-line reminded me of a house of cards last year.

Taking a O-line dude isnt sexy in the first round, but sexy is not what the team needs. The team need to protect their first asset. Whitout him nothing gets done.

Quality always costs !

P.s

I hope the Chase pick works.

Get the sand out of your vagina, we have 6 picks left to get O line help.
(04-30-2021, 09:20 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So would Oogie Boogie and Billy Price.

Piano man pounded the table for Oogie and said he was NFL ready and could play any position on the line!!

But yes... let's just focus on Ross.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
(04-30-2021, 10:50 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: But yes... let's just focus on Ross.

Lets not. Lets look ahead.
(04-30-2021, 10:49 AM)Beaker Wrote: Get the sand out of your vagina, we have 6 picks left to get O line help.

Dude is just straight up trolling now. From the stupidity of linking a BR article from a Cleveland fan (my assumption based on the idiot's tweets) to saying we won't draft OL until round 4. We should just ignore him and move on.
(04-30-2021, 10:49 AM)Beaker Wrote: Get the sand out of your vagina, we have 6 picks left to get O line help.

7 actually. We have an extra pick that was from the Dunlap/Findley trades (was a 7th - - now it’s a 6th).

(04-30-2021, 10:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 7 actually. We have an extra pick that was from the Dunlap/Findley trades (was a 7th - - now it’s a 6th).

[Image: 63523967.jpg]
(04-30-2021, 10:55 AM)Beaker Wrote: [Image: 63523967.jpg]

It’s gonna be a kicker. Big Grin

(04-30-2021, 10:46 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: What professional team does not want to make money?  You can want to sell jersey AND win.  Mike Brown is still involved.  I think Mike is better at judging skilled positions than trenches but I am certain that he doesn't know how to win.  Things are changing, Bengals social media and fan reach has certainly changed.  Yes, they want to fill stadium.  What team doesn't?  

Bengals spent record FA over the last two years.  Not in past.  They still need practice bubble, they screwed good people of Hamilton with stadium, but things are changing.  

I agree things are changing.  However, a leopard doesn't change it's spots.  

The Bengals have improved social media and fan outreach because the younger generation knows they can make more profits doing so. 

Mike Brown has 0 idea how to win in the NFL.  Mike Browns record as GM is 98-186-1.  That right there should tell you all you need to know about the last 30 years of football in Cincinnati.  Yet people wonder why some fans are still skeptical it's a ploy of some kind. 

I see changes taking place.  Now they need to invest in their front office and scouting staff.  Once they do that I'll recognize there's a "New Dey" in Cincinnati. 
(04-30-2021, 10:52 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Dude is just straight up trolling now. From the stupidity of linking a BR article from a Cleveland fan (my assumption based on the idiot's tweets) to saying we won't draft OL until round 4. We should just ignore him and move on.

Probably.  But I could see Bengals skipping OL round 2 for a studly or elite defensive player.  

But what we as fans are seeing is dichotomy cognitive distortions.  Polarized thinking, All or nothing, (no, not Amazon Prime) thinking.  Meaning, Bengals draft Sewell or Slater or they get their QB killed again.  No nuance.  No critical thinking analysis or objectively weighing facts.  

This is has become emotional reasoning exercise. 

Onwenu, was a player I liked.  Big bodied.  slow feet.  Picked by NEP 6th round.  Rated by PFF as top 10 OL player.  6th round.   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

(04-30-2021, 10:59 AM)TJ528 Wrote: I agree things are changing.  However, a leopard doesn't change it's spots.  

The Bengals have improved social media and fan outreach because the younger generation knows they can make more profits doing so. 

Mike Brown has 0 idea how to win in the NFL.  Mike Browns record as GM is 98-186-1.  That right there should tell you all you need to know about the last 30 years of football in Cincinnati.  Yet people wonder why some fans are still skeptical it's a ploy of some kind. 

I see changes taking place.  Now they need to invest in their front office and scouting staff.  Once they do that I'll recognize there's a "New Dey" in Cincinnati. 

Mike Brown will be 86 this year.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

(04-30-2021, 11:06 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Mike Brown will be 86 this year.  

Mike Brown still has an office in PBS.  He probably will until he's on his death bed.  

Until that day, I won't believe he doesn't have "some" influence on the decisions being made by this franchise.  
(04-30-2021, 09:15 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I hope you Team Chase people are happy.

Oh, how quickly you all forgot. Mark my words. Last night will be considered the worst draft pick from the Bengals in the last 10 years.

You really believe the shit you say, don't you?
(04-30-2021, 10:52 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Dude is just straight up trolling now. From the stupidity of linking a BR article from a Cleveland fan (my assumption based on the idiot's tweets) to saying we won't draft OL until round 4. We should just ignore him and move on.

Ima mark this post and get back wit chu tomorrow. 

You'll come around to my takes. They always do.