Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show Stinks
(02-07-2022, 04:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's funny, I used to love Dr Dre and Eminem 20 years ago.

I'll still admit it's far easier on the ears than any modern trash with autotuned vocals.

That said, my personal growth has led me to a point where I look at rap as mind filth.

It often (generally speaking) glorifies going to prison, selling drugs, demeaning women, hating authority figures, etc. It has a negative impact on society, IMO, that people often overlook or underestimate.

I understand what you mean. I don't listen to rap as much as I used to anymore other than the Beastie Boys. I'm older & it doesn't feel as good to the ears. Your point about some of the messaging is also understandable. I've never once listened to a Dre or Eminem song, for example, in the presence of my own kids for the reasons you identify.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 04:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's funny, I used to love Dr Dre and Eminem 20 years ago.

I'll still admit it's far easier on the ears than any modern trash with autotuned vocals.

That said, my personal growth has led me to a point where I look at rap as mind filth.

It often (generally speaking) glorifies going to prison, selling drugs, demeaning women, hating authority figures, etc. It has a negative impact on society, IMO, that people often overlook or underestimate.

**** the police... That's why I love rap.. Love the violent stories it tells...
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 04:36 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I understand what you mean. I don't listen to rap as much as I used to anymore other than the Beastie Boys. I'm older it doesn't feel as good to the ears. Your point about some of the messaging is also understandable. I've never once listened to a Dre or Eminem song, for example, in the presence of my own kids for the reasons you identify.

My kids were raised on rap and Metal.. My oldest is now an amazing guitar player...
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 04:53 PM)Tony Wrote: **** the police... That's why I love rap.. Love the violent stories it tells...

To each their own.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 04:54 PM)Tony Wrote: My kids were raised on rap and Metal.. My oldest is now an amazing guitar player...

My kid plays the tuba.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 04:56 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: My kid plays the tuba.  Hilarious

I couldn't believe how fast my son picked up guitar.. He's literally playing stuff from buckethead in 3 years... 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 04:57 PM)Tony Wrote: I couldn't believe how fast my son picked up guitar.. He's literally playing stuff from buckethead in 3 years... 

Reminds me of all the trips to Guitar Center or Willis, where I'd see some 11 year old casually shredding something I couldn't dream of playing. Just makes you want to sell off your gear like "what am I actually doing?" Gaah
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 05:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Reminds me of all the trips to Guitar Center or Willis, where I'd see some 11 year old casually shredding something I couldn't dream of playing. Just makes you want to sell off your gear like "what am I actually doing?" Gaah

I was trying to play for years and the boy passed me up immediately... He's got long skinny fingers and mine are short and thick... I think thats got a lot to do with it....
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 05:14 PM)Tony Wrote: I was trying to play for years and the boy passed me up immediately... He's got long skinny fingers and mine are short and thick... I think thats got a lot to do with it....

Son: 
[Image: main-qimg-2d774e2169da915dad42d88852a20479-lq]

You: 
[Image: 1025558421_JeffDabe-Dec2020.thumb.jpg.0a...1061a4.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:06 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I assume we'll get a "Bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yea" from Snoop.

It will be fun to see which songs they perform.
Except I doubt we'll get the line after of "Bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yea Death Row's in the MFin....... HOUSE!"

Hilarious

Lines like that though are what has me excited!

Modern rap sucks because it has no emotion and raps about stupid things and they're wannabe thugs.

I don't listen to it that much anymore but I still love old school rap. Old school rap was more "real," even if they didn't do everything they rapped about (although some did).
Reply/Quote
[Image: simpsons-in-and-out.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The only rap I listen to these days is Tech N9ne or Rittz. True masters of their craft, ACTUAL lyricists.

Sadly, I doubt we ever get a metal HT show. If we did, it’d be Metallica, who the metal detector hasn’t gone off for since 1988.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 07:01 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: The only rap I listen to these days is Tech N9ne or Rittz. True masters of their craft, ACTUAL lyricists.

Sadly, I doubt we ever get a metal HT show. If we did, it’d be Metallica, who the metal detector hasn’t gone off for since 1988.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 11:34 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The Bengals are finally in a Super Bowl and the halftime show looks bad. I hate rap and will not be watching it. We need a better group.

I listened to Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre when I was a kid so I don't hate these guys. But yeah I would much rather have some 
good old Rock'N'Roll instead or even Kid Rock or something alike. Metallica would be great as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I listened to Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre when I was a kid so I don't hate these guys. But yeah I would much rather have some 
good old Rock'N'Roll instead or even Kid Rock or something alike. Metallica would be great as well.

has metallica ever done the half time show?

I mean they have held a concert in Antarctica... They should get at least 1 Superbowl show....     They have enough songs without Explicit Lyrics if thats a requirement. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 06:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Modern rap sucks because it has no emotion and raps about stupid things and they're wannabe thugs.

I don't listen to it that much anymore but I still love old school rap. Old school rap was more "real," even if they didn't do everything they rapped about (although some did).

Modern rap is just mumblers and/or dudes that drench the vocal with auto-tune.

I mean, I guess intentionally misusing autotune and cranking it up to 11 was kinda innovative when T-Pain first did it almost 20 years ago.

But now you have 50 different mainstream rappers doing it. Lame. Find your own flow and gimmick.

Btw, speaking of Snoop, I loved when he talked about modern rap:

NSFW...obviously

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 05:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Modern rap is just mumblers and/or dudes that drench the vocal with auto-tune.

I mean, I guess intentionally misusing autotune and cranking it up to 11 was kinda innovative when T-Pain first did it almost 20 years ago.

But now you have 50 different mainstream rappers doing it. Lame. Find your own flow and gimmick.

Btw, speaking of Snoop, I loved when he talked about modern rap:

NSFW...obviously

My computer doesn't show YouTube clips on this site but I looked it up and I've seen that before and it's hilarious because he's right  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals win, plus music from a time when I was relevant? This OG is gonna be Krunk.. Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 09:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: has metallica ever done the half time show?

I mean they have held a concert in Antarctica... They should get at least 1 Superbowl show....     They have enough songs without Explicit Lyrics if thats a requirement. 

Nope and its a travesty. They would be ideal in my opinion. Everyone likes Metallica or at least most everyone that has taste.

Even my Mom and Dad like Metallica. David Gilmour would also be a great Halftime show. Dave Matthews Band would be good.

I just can't stand the mainstream bands. They will probably have Adele next year or Ed Sheeran. Ugh. Sick
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 04:56 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: My kid plays the tuba.  Hilarious

I have one that plays the violin, one that plays the drums, and the other one plays the ukulele...
Reply/Quote